**Official Iowa vs. Wisconsin Game Thread - 2:30pm - ABC**

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
people complaining about Iowa fans must spend way too much time on Facebook

Bob

Reaction score
Gonna get bowed which I fully deserve but I hate this matchup. Unlike OSU Wisconsin is going to blitz the shit out of us and I think the young oline might have some trouble with their 3-4 front, so I think the running game is back to pre-OSU levels. And our run defense is secretly not that great, so I’m scared of Taylor. The one saving grace is that our pass defense is good, their QB is mistake prone, and their only good WR is hurt, so hopefully we can get some picks and get either a short field or a defensive TD.
oh shit was this all my fault

Ummm, I think Iowa is going to win the next 10 national titles

Reaction score
Gonna get bowed which I fully deserve but I hate this matchup. Unlike OSU Wisconsin is going to blitz the shit out of us and I think the young oline might have some trouble with their 3-4 front, so I think the running game is back to pre-OSU levels. And our run defense is secretly not that great, so I’m scared of Taylor. The one saving grace is that our pass defense is good, their QB is mistake prone, and their only good WR is hurt, so hopefully we can get some picks and get either a short field or a defensive TD.

Iowa's cornerbacks are excellent in pass coverage but are a kinda pussies when it comes to run support. Miles Taylor actually had a decent game on Saturday.

Bob

Reaction score

Iowa's cornerbacks are excellent in pass coverage but are a kinda pussies when it comes to run support. Miles Taylor actually had a decent game on Saturday.
Yeah Jackson is as good or better in coverage than Des was but Des was like having a fourth linebacker

Reaction score
They're going to have to figure out someone other than Smith-Marsette he can't be out there if he's going to be completely worthless. He looked like he didn't want to be there.
I think he is going to be another Herb Grigsby story. Skinny. Ran a few reverses, and was especially good at dropping passes.

He finally got pulled in the Minnesota game as a junior and didn't make it back for his senior year.

My last memory of him is after being pulled he was practicing catching on the sideline, with exaggerated clampings on the slow passes. I actually felt pity.
Grigsby? That was a kid who came in at 149 pounds and didn't play until his 3rd year. (In which he wasn't too bad, actually).

ISM came in and started making diving catches in camp and made big plays against ISU, PSU and MSU. Plays Grigsby never touched. I think he lost the ball in the lights in the Minnesota game, being that it hit him in the face. Wisconsin was undeniably bad; I wonder if he's hit a freshman (mental) wall. IIRC, Dom Douglas had a few drops toward the end of '06.

As for me, I hope the Wadley kid never sees the field. A fumbler if ever there was.