**Official Kentucky vs. Iowa Citrus Bowl Thread - 12:00pm - ABC**

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Fans on this board have been wishing death and rape to IOWA'S quarterback. You are not a fan, Beevis
damn right, Clete. Only you and I are real Iowa fans. Everyone else is a tavern hawk scumbag. Thank you for showing me the way. I celebrate and will continue to celebrate Spencer Petras as the signal caller for our beloved Hawkeyes.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
damn right, Clete. Only you and I are real Iowa fans. Everyone else is a tavern hawk scumbag. Thank you for showing me the way. I celebrate and will continue to celebrate Spencer Petras as the signal caller for our beloved Hawkeyes.
I’m just glad someone finally called Lee out on his bullshit!

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Wait....you stopped fucking my mom long enough to post that? (Insert Beavis laugh)

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Do you think after reading that I'm supposed to feel bad? It only further confirms he doesn't deserve to play at a P5 level, and certainly doesn't have the mental makeup for it

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Do you think after reading that I'm supposed to feel bad? It only further confirms he doesn't deserve to play at a P5 level, and certainly doesn't have the mental makeup for it
LOL you think I have that much faith in you?

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
If someone wanted to separate Halo intelligence into different groups, how would you do it? Maybe the dumbest would be in the low division, then medium would have their own conference, then the smartest would be in a league of their own?
Cletey musing over the collective intelligence of HALO is…..something else.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
What a fucking dork. You’ve been carrying water for Petras and he isn’t capable of being a good Big Ten QB. Just admit it instead of getting defensive and acting like he’s your son, you weirdo.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
In all honesty, there's a certain level of decency in critisizing players that should be expected. Many on here, including myself, will occasionally tiptoe up to and then trample on that line- mostly trying to be funny.

But the "leave Spencer alone!" takes are patronizing and infantilize a man living a charmed life.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
In all honesty, there's a certain level of decency in critisizing players that should be expected. Many on here, including myself, will occasionally tiptoe up to and then trample on that line- mostly trying to be funny.

But the "leave Spencer alone!" takes are patronizing and infantilize a man living a charmed life.
Admittedly I haven't read every post here, but who is taking that position? Besides Hiawatha?

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Spencer has neither the physical nor mental makeup to be a successful P5 QB. It will be sad if he, KF, BF, and KOK continue in their stubborn refusal to see that, but we have little reason to expect otherwise. So there will be boos, and their internet equivalent. Some of the latter will be over the top, dumb and inappropriate.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

Of course. I know this forum is "public" but it is a really small group of people and every single person that says anything like you point out is doing it trying to get a laugh out of a bunch of deranged assholes. It isn't actually targeted at the players or their family like twitter or facebook and other social media.

Anyone acting like what is said here is said in any seriousness is out of their mind.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score

You are on the top 10 worst here

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I want to preface this be saying that I’m sure Spencer is a giant pussy with a dumb goatee but he is just not a good QB and lost the game yesterday almost by himself

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
Spencer has neither the physical nor mental makeup to be a successful P5 QB. It will be sad if he, KF, BF, and KOK continue in their stubborn refusal to see that, but we have little reason to expect otherwise. So there will be boos, and their internet equivalent. Some of the latter will be over the top, dumb and inappropriate.
I generally take the position that players will continue to improve and most fans don't consider that and give them a chance. Petras has had plenty of time, and oddly hasn't shown any discernible improvement in 2 years. I also didn't see enough from Padilla in the 4 games he played to have much faith in him. Therefore, in an unprecedented Hamo move, I fully support handing the reins over to Labas. He honestly couldn't be worse.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
To be fair, as a QB Spencer is closer to Jackson than Patrick Mahomes.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I touched on this yesterday, but right now the coaching staff put themselves in quite a conundrum going into the spring when Kirk made that joke publicly and caused Deuce Hogan to run back home.

It pretty much forces them to beg either Petras or Padilla to stick around unless they are going to get a transfer from the portal. The problem is that portal transfers that are worth a shit want a virtual guarantee they are going to start. Kirk (like Fran) isn't the type of guy to make that sort of guarantee.

Now if Petras/Padilla both enter the transfer portal, that means you have only 1 scholarship QB for spring football and going into the season you have a Labas (who has never taken a snap) and true freshman Carson May who won't even be here until the summer.