**Official Kentucky vs. Iowa Citrus Bowl Thread - 12:00pm - ABC**

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
In all honesty, there's a certain level of decency in critisizing players that should be expected. Many on here, including myself, will occasionally tiptoe up to and then trample on that line- mostly trying to be funny.

But the "leave Spencer alone!" takes are patronizing and infantilize a man living a charmed life.
99.9% of what I’ve read on Twitter qualifies as criticism of his ability as a QB. If there are attacks on him as a person, I’ve not read them.

I get the sense that Spencer and his mom take exception to any suggestion that he shouldn’t be the starter at Iowa and what they consider “personal attacks” are actually just criticisms of his QB abilities.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
99.9% of what I’ve read on Twitter qualifies as criticism of his ability as a QB. If there are attacks on him as a person, I’ve not read them.

I get the sense that Spencer and his mom take exception to any suggestion that he shouldn’t be the starter at Iowa and what they consider “personal attacks” are actually just criticisms of his QB abilities.
Halo is the only place I have seen a "personal" attack, and that is us fucking around about his guitar playing and his build. Everyone almost universally thinks he is a great kid but he just fucking sucks as a P5 QB.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

I agree. People don't need to be mean, but like it or not being the starter on a D1 team makes you a public figure. If you suck people are gonna talk about it.

Parents are going to be parents, but if my kid was in that position I'd just try to stay away from it.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I was thinking Bob Commings Jr. bad.
Yeah, but Bobby at least wasn't the starter. McLaughlin was in '77, and Green was in '78. Snook threw more INTs than TDs both his starting seasons (including his "fabulous" '64 season) and completed well fewer than half his passes.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I know it sounds bad, but if a coaching staff is too stupid and pussy to tell a kid to take a hike, it’s up to a fan base to bully the kid to leave.
Amen
It’s only right

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Yeah, but Bobby at least wasn't the starter. McLaughlin was in '77, and Green was in '78. Snook threw more INTs than TDs both his starting seasons (including his "fabulous" '64 season) and completed well fewer than half his passes.
Bobby wasn't supposed to be the starter in 1977, but when McLaughlin got hurt he ended up starting the Northwestern, Iowa State, Arizona, and UCLA games going 21 of 43 for 199 yds. and 2 TDs (both against Northwestern).

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Bobby wasn't supposed to be the starter in 1977, but when McLaughlin got hurt he ended up starting the Northwestern, Iowa State, Arizona, and UCLA games going 21 of 43 for 199 yds. and 2 TDs (both against Northwestern).
Yep, but Snook's numbers in '65 make Petras look like Tom Brady. Boggles my mind he was drafted, even if it was the fourth round.

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
We won’t keep landing 4* recruits because what?
If 4* recruits (like we’ve been fortunate enough to gain the commitments from as of late), keep seeing such a pathetic offense where the likes of your Keagan Johnsons, Lachey, etc and so forth are barely thrown the ball because your pants-shitting high school level starting QB and over-his-head OC can’t figure out how to put a top 100 offense in the field…… then yeah, the recruitingbuptick we’ve seen the last couple of years will quickly erode——- that’s my position

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I hope Peaches enters the transfer portal, goes to ISU, and single-handedly proves that the worst Iowa starting QB in the modern era is just as good, if not better than, their “greatest ever” Brock Purdue.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Hope everybody is getting home OK. Hearing stories of lots of canceled flights, no rental cars, and being stuck.

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
Shawnee is staying at @BngHawk house from now on when vacationing at Siesta.
Thx Bng

Shawneemicks

Reaction score
It only seems right.
I will gladly fill the beer fridge.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
It was -7 when I cleared the snow. My fingers were in not insignificant pain.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
the nice thing for Gus is that if his aging body can just hang on for another eight years, his very young son may be old enough to help shovel.
If stang’s child is not mowing the lawn by 7-8 he has failed as a father.