**Official Maryland vs. Iowa Game Thread - 11:00am - ESPN2**

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I used to have the pressbox wifi password but they changed it last season
It’s “Iowawave”
Will this help me if I sit far from the press box? My coverage (Verizon) is criminally bad at all crowded games (and tailgates). I'd never know they added boosters around the stadium
I tried this today (thanks Deez). I sit on the East side row 65 and it did work (although weak). It was stronger near the tunnel level just 25 rows down.

I am guessing it would work in the endzones even better, except perhaps the far Northeast and Southeast corners.

It did not work in the East concourse (not in range).

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Out in the suburbs today, I skipped the afternoon portion of a work conference to catch the second half at a little bar in Glen Ellyn. The first play I saw Stanley rolled out left on 3rd down and fooled the defense by throwing to the other side of the field. Must've been Hockenson, and he got the 1st. God, it was beautiful watching that unfold, and even on conservatively-called days like today, we still get these little masterstrokes from Brian.

Reaction score
Halo men need nametags. Or a certain color of handkerchief like the gays.

I’m going to walk past several of you today.
I sit in section 130. When they played the Beathard video today the guy that sits behind me said “Beat hard.” I wondered if it was one of you but didn’t ask because that seemed like it would be weird.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
That was definitely brants

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score

I sit in section 130. When they played the Beathard video today the guy that sits behind me said “Beat hard.” I wondered if it was one of you but didn’t ask because that seemed like it would be weird.
I was section 129. We probably had the same dust or grocery sack cross our bodies.

Reaction score

Row 67 here

Reaction score
Question for anyone who was at the game, have you ever seen less opposing fans at a game? From my perspective under the press box, my estimate was 50-100 total Maryland fans.

Reaction score
Question for anyone who was at the game, have you ever seen less opposing fans at a game? From my perspective under the press box, my estimate was 50-100 total Maryland fans.
I saw zero Maryland fans

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

I know a couple Iowa fans who live in MD that have told me Iowa does well in College Park.

Reaction score
Reaction score

I was section 129. We probably had the same dust or grocery sack cross our bodies.
:roll:

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I enjoyed the single row of Maryland fans in the upper corner of the hospital side.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Iowa’s O-line went in dry on the Maryland D line.

Hesse is under appreciated.

Fant is still really good, however has lost his edge.

Every(almost) year Iowa has the head scratching loss. I think this year that loss is/was Wisconsin.

Bob

Reaction score
Fant is still really good, however has lost his edge.
what the fuck does this even mean

The whole passing game was fucked today because of the wind, they barely tried to throw and Stanley was mostly shit when they did.

Reaction score
Shoutout to the Kid Captain program for making me cry my eyes out:
Halftime was superhero-themed, and featured every Kid Captain ever as our biggest superheroes (they line up in the north end zone a few seconds into this video):
So in other words...

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I'm sure it has been posted but what an incredible catch

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I saw a couple of them walking out of the stadium looking a little overserved. They stuck out in the black and gold crowd and it took me a second to realize, oh Maryland.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Fewest opposing fans I’ve seen at Kinnick.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
There may have been more Iowa fans wearing red coats than Maryland fans.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb and predicting Rutgers will eventually set the record for fewest visiting conference game fans in Kinnick.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb and predicting Rutgers will eventually set the record for fewest visiting conference game fans in Kinnick.
I'm still holding out hope Rutgers gets kicked out of the Big Ten before then.

Pipiyopee

Reaction score