** Official Miami(Ohio) at Iowa Game Thread - 6:30pm - FS1 **

Reaction score
Not many complaints other than cell service in the stadium is a fucking joke.

Can't even send a text message inside the stadium.

I understand how many people are there and I don't really need to use my phone inside.
Service in the stadium is better than pre-game service in the lots.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
What I noticed last year was signal completely disappeared below the tunnel, but was markedly improved on the concourse and above the tunnel.

Reaction score

I understand how many people are there and I don't really need to use my phone inside.
The Hawkeye lights app is a piece of shit because you can’t get reliable service to make it work. Fucking thing sucks
Not sure what how it was supposed to come off as it was my first time using it, but it looked like meaningless garbage to me from inside the atadium.

Reaction score

The Hawkeye lights app is a piece of shit because you can’t get reliable service to make it work. Fucking thing sucks
Not sure what how it was supposed to come off as it was my first time using it, but it looked like meaningless garbage to me from inside the atadium.
It's supposed to sync up everyone's flashlights on their phones, but the only time I could get anything resembling a signal was when I waited in line for 20 minutes at the concession stand. :icon_rolleyes: I should have known there would be some fuckery when I could actually connect to stuff on my phone while tailgating, as our area is usually a dead spot.

Here we go, found the app being used at a basketball game - it's ugly with the small crowd but you get the idea:

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Mine was garbage in and out.

They want you to download that app. It's hard to download the app when you can't even send a text message -- alone download anything inside and out of the stadium.
The service was as bad as it has ever been for me last game.

Revolver

Reaction score

They want you to download that app. It's hard to download the app when you can't even send a text message -- alone download anything inside and out of the stadium.
Uhhh I think I’ve had that app for at least a year if not two
This is your worst post of all time.

Revolver

Reaction score
Lolololol, the app was created 9 months ago. L Wade must have been in on the Beta test.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Lolololol, the app was created 9 months ago. L Wade must have been in on the Beta test.
L Wade’s entire fucking life has been a Beta test.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Well the app has been on my phone for a long time for some reason. I typically haven’t proactively downloaded synchronized light apps since I stopped DJing foam parties

Bob

Reaction score
Maybe if the rest of you worked a little harder defending every single aspect of the athletic department online you too could be insiders with exclusive early access to a broken flashlight app

Revolver

Reaction score
I downloaded the app during last basketball season when they started pushing it. Deleted it a couple days later and have no plans to download it again.

I’ll keep you all posted, though.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
So the new north endzone board looks awesome but the way they use the boards in Kinnick is incredibly annoying:

upload_2019-9-3_10-39-39.png

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I downloaded the app during last basketball season when they started pushing it. Deleted it a couple days later and have no plans to download it again.

I’ll keep you all posted, though.
Oh yeah maybe that’s when I got it. So I guess it hasn’t been that long.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
So the new north endzone board looks awesome but the way they use the boards in Kinnick is incredibly annoying:

View attachment 14713
No replays? That’s kind of the point of it, isn’t it?
No, they did replays. I mean that when they weren't showing live game action or replays, rather than use all of that scoreboard space for something interesting like scores, more game stats, or other news, they played that graphic above approximately 12,000 times.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score

View attachment 14713
You can make fun of the ISU boards all you want...but at least they show live game action and replays of all the plays.
See above. They did that. I meant what they used it for when there wasn't a play, during breaks, etc.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
You can make fun of the ISU boards all you want...but at least they show live game action and replays of all the plays.
See above. They did that. I meant what they used it for when there wasn't a play, during breaks, etc.
Gotcha. ISU only throws up a default game graphic during long replay reviews after they've shown the replay a couple of times. Otherwise it's live action, replays, pictures from social media, hot chicks in the stands, ugly chicks with big hooters in the stands, cheerleaders, highlights from other games, etc.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Gotcha. ISU only throws up a default game graphic during long replay reviews after they've shown the replay a couple of times. Otherwise it's live action, replays, pictures from social media, hot chicks in the stands, ugly chicks with big hooters in the stands, cheerleaders, highlights from other games, etc.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score

The service was as bad as it has ever been for me last game.
Same for me on Verizon. First half I had no reception at all. Spotty in the second half.

newsbreaker

The most pathetically dishonest POS on the board
Reaction score
UNI has an absurdly large video board, and they do the same thing. They mostly treat it like it’s own telecast.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

Revolver

Reaction score

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score

View attachment 14713
No, they did replays. I mean that when they weren't showing live game action or replays, rather than use all of that scoreboard space for something interesting like scores, more game stats, or other news, they played that graphic above approximately 12,000 times.
I may be old with vision that is getting worse but it was incredibly annoying not be able to track scores of other games. Maybe, just maybe give up a little bit of your advertising space for something like this.

Reaction score
I may be old with vision that is getting worse but it was incredibly annoying not be able to track scores of other games. Maybe, just maybe give up a little bit of your advertising space for something like this.
It's pretty damn small but they scrolled through other scores on the bottom right of the south scoreboard.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
How the hell did he beat Wirfs? Does he have magical powers?

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Linderbaum beat Wirfs as well.

ivan_drago

Snowshoes Competitively
Reaction score
This is a current Iowa wrestler. That pic of him and Wirfs :roll:

Looks like he’s looking for his baseball and Wirfs is patting him on the head telling him it’ll be ok and he’ll buy him a new one

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
It looked like he was wrestling a special needs student

Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Linderbaum and Schott seem like the kind of red asses Iowa’s been missing on the o line the last few years.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
Linderbaum and Schott seem like the kind of red asses Iowa’s been missing on the o line the last few years.
I have a good feeling about the Iowa O-Line, even without Jackson.

Reaction score