** Official Miami(Ohio) at Iowa Game Thread - 6:30pm - FS1 **

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Should be about 70 degrees at kickoff and partly cloudy. Perfect weather.

douglasbader

Reaction score
You fuckers have perfect weather up there right now.

Down here it is on like day 28 in a row with 100+ degree heat and no end in sight.

I was going to go to the LSU vs. Texas game in 2 weeks, but the forecast shows 97 degrees at kickoff. Fuck that.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

Down here it is on like day 28 in a row with 100+ degree heat and no end in sight.

I was going to go to the LSU vs. Texas game in 2 weeks, but the forecast shows 97 degrees at kickoff. Fuck that.
It’s ridiculous outside. We’re so gonna pay for this in February

I mowed today. Not a single droplet of sweat. It was like a pleasant walk.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

109 tomorrow.

:(

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Nicest August I can recall.

I was in Dallas last weekend and it was hot as fuck. But that was just the action at the Extended Stay in Grapevine.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I am getting an unsolicited job offer in Dallas in the next few weeks. Gonna have a lot of thinking to do. 100 degree temps definitely go into it

February in Iowa also will go into the decision.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I am getting an unsolicited job offer in Dallas in the next few weeks. Gonna have a lot of thinking to do. 100 degree temps definitely go into it

Listen, I fucking hate Dallas and the heat sucks, but still way way better than Iowa.

You can always plan your vacation out with no kids to spend August or early September in San Francisco or Colorado or anywhere that has beautiful weather.

June and July are hot everywhere, so you don't even notice. Late August and early September is the only time of year that really sucks.

When the temps in February are the exact same as you have right now in August in Iowa, you won't think twice.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

Listen, I fucking hate Dallas and the heat sucks, but still way way better than Iowa.

You can always plan your vacation out with no kids to spend August or early September in San Francisco or Colorado or anywhere that has beautiful weather.

June and July are hot everywhere, so you don't even notice. Late August and early September is the only time of year that really sucks.
what don’t you like about Dallas?

douglasbader

Reaction score

There is no character to it. It is flat and spread way the fuck out and shitty traffic.

Austin has the rolling hill country and beautiful downtown area.

Houston is a sweaty armpit, but they actually have tall trees and some culture.

Dallas is simply a flat concrete surface with a bunch of rich yuppies that like to go to the designer Galleria areas.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

When the temps in February are the exact same as you have right now in August in Iowa, you won't think twice.

My wife and I have this battle all the time about our time in Texas

She remembers the brutal 30-45 days of peak summer

I remember the nearly 5 months of amazing weather in the winter and early spring. Shorts and t shirt in the sun during the day, and all you need is a light hoodie to sit around the fire in the evening

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm going to create a Texas thread so we don't fuck up this thread.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score

There is no character to it. It is flat and spread way the fuck out and shitty traffic.

Dallas is simply a flat concrete surface with a bunch of rich yuppies that like to go to the designer Galleria areas.
Dallas sucks. Want to go to a Rangers game, you're an hour away.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I usually avoid the first game because it’s at 11am and hot as fuck. I’m going this year

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score

There’s a better chance of Miami winning than you moving to Texas.

Iowa 49 Miami 10

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score

That’s a pretty accurate description of Dallas.

Jimmie, my suggestion would be to not jump at this. This offer may be easy because it’s unsolicited, but explore your options.

You’ve described your job as taking you to LA and Charlotte for extended periods of time. That leads me to believe that you could land something in either of those markets.

If warmer weather is driving you it seems like either of those locations would top Dallas.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
What in the Hell is this “Kinnick Edge Gear” we are supposed to wear?

Glen

Administrator
Reaction score
I have yet to receive my season tickets. That seems odd.
Premium tickets were not sent to the Athletic office until Tuesday of last week. Delay with the printer. I received mine on Saturday.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I was just at the gas station buying magnum condoms and I realized none of my club level suite tickets have arrived yet