** Official Miami(Ohio) at Iowa Game Thread - 6:30pm - FS1 **

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Did Brents play a snap in the game? The backup corners were Johnson and Roberts at the end. Didn’t see much of Moss either.

Hawkeyegamefilm on twitter said Iowa went away from the cash after Miami’s long 3rd down conversion to the 1 bc Johnson bit on the play action. He’s also concerned about Merriweather.

OJ absolutely flipped the fuck out on DJ after that play

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
It looks like there were 3 total true freshmen that played, correct?

I didn't realize that Justin Britt played and was in on a rushing TD. They must really like him to be playing him, they only do that with future high round draft pick types.

We talked a lot about him in the stands last night

It was really obvious just from watching his body language that he was focused and expecting to contribute.

Has a chance to be a great one

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Did Brents play a snap in the game? The backup corners were Johnson and Roberts at the end. Didn’t see much of Moss either.

Hawkeyegamefilm on twitter said Iowa went away from the cash after Miami’s long 3rd down conversion to the 1 bc Johnson bit on the play action. He’s also concerned about Merriweather.
I would hope they don't junk cash permanently because of one bad play.

Brents was hurt for basically the entire offseason, I think.
I highly doubt they do. Likely a teaching opportunity.

Has it come out who this dude is yet? If not, it is the best kept secret in the history of the internet.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Mcl sprain- 2-4 weeks is my guess
Probably a good guess. They wouldn’t let him anywhere near a bike if they suspected any knee instability or mechanical symptoms. He’ll just need a week of rest and see how his symptoms are going into ISU week.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Hankins sure looked out of position multiple times. He probably concerns me the most in the secondary

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a true freshman RB getting scripted into a season opener the way they did Goodson last night? Thought it was especially notable because his first series was right after Miami scored the TD to make it a 10 point game.

I really like Sargent as a #2/#3 RB, but as we saw on that screen, he doesn't have home run hitting speed. I wonder if the coaches think Goodson has that next gear the offense currently lacks at RB between Sargent/Young.
What Sargent lacks in straight line speed he makes up for with literally every other aspect of the game. He does everything else well. If he also ran a 4.5 forty, he wouldn’t be at Iowa.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score

Brents was out with an injury. Don’t think he suited up. Same as Banwart.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score

I didn't realize that Justin Britt played and was in on a rushing TD. They must really like him to be playing him, they only do that with future high round draft pick types.
That’s what I saw. Goodson, LaPorta and Britt.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a true freshman RB getting scripted into a season opener the way they did Goodson last night? Thought it was especially notable because his first series was right after Miami scored the TD to make it a 10 point game.

I really like Sargent as a #2/#3 RB, but as we saw on that screen, he doesn't have home run hitting speed. I wonder if the coaches think Goodson has that next gear the offense currently lacks at RB between Sargent/Young.
What Sargent lacks in straight line speed he makes up for with literally every other aspect of the game. He does everything else well. If he also ran a 4.5 forty, he wouldn’t be at Iowa.
i like Mehki Sargent. There is plenty to be said for a 'fall forward for five' guy.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Yesterday was only the fourth Iowa game since 2003 where three different WR caught a TD pas and the first since the 2017 Iowa State game.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

Friends of the LaPorta family say directly behind me. Their excitement when he ran on the field in the 2nd half was exceptional.

Reaction score
I'm sure with the bye following ISU they'll rest him during the ISU game unless he's way ahead of schedule.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

Friends of the LaPorta family say directly behind me. Their excitement when he ran on the field in the 2nd half was exceptional.
www.desnoinesregister.com

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score

Had a crew of Beyer’s friends/fam behind me react similarly on his great catch.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Similarly, I talked to martins grandpa in the concession line a few minutes before his TD. I really, really hope he made it back to his seat in time.

The pride of the player families is one of the best things about being at the games and tailgates in person. Well, and the beer.

Reaction score

Brents was out with an injury. Don’t think he suited up. Same as Banwart.
Moss limped off last night.

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
I’ve been to many Iowa games over the years and have never sat next to a player’s family. It sounds fucking amazing!

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I’ve been to many Iowa games over the years and have never sat next to a player’s family. It sounds fucking amazing!
I sat next to Bulaga’s girlfriend and her parents once. His girl was fucking amazing.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I sat behind Epenesa’s, Sargent’s, and Stanley’s family last night. It was kind of meh

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I made love to every family member last night. It was so hot.

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score

Hutson had a couple snaps as well

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Game is on BTN Football in 60 right now. That Jackson injury looked worse than I thought.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Lots of real bad star fucking going on in this thread

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Not real easy to starfuck with no stars to fuck.

Reaction score
Not many complaints other than cell service in the stadium is a fucking joke.

Can't even send a text message inside the stadium.

I understand how many people are there and I don't really need to use my phone inside.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

I understand how many people are there and I don't really need to use my phone inside.
I’m on Verizon- that was the best my phone has worked in 10 years

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score

The Hawkeye lights app is a piece of shit because you can’t get reliable service to make it work. Fucking thing sucks

Reaction score

I’m on Verizon- that was the best my phone has worked in 10 years
Inside the stadium was great, outside was shit. WiFi password is ~ iowawave you’re welcome

Reaction score
Mine was garbage in and out.

They want you to download that app. It's hard to download the app when you can't even send a text message -- alone download anything inside and out of the stadium.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

Not getting texts during the game is great. When it’s over and you hit a good service spot you get a boatload of hot take texts from the first half.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Mine was garbage in and out.

They want you to download that app. It's hard to download the app when you can't even send a text message -- alone download anything inside and out of the stadium.
Uhhh I think I’ve had that app for at least a year if not two