**Official Michigan State vs. Iowa Football Thread - 11:00am - ESPN**

Reaction score
Teams pretty damn good. Unfortunately it appears QB might be an issue.
I'm starting to wonder if people maybe got a little carried away about no discipline, coaches not allowed to do anything, less physicality, etc. because of two close losses.

Lombardi sucked but that team was locked in with energy, attitude and physicality. Petras is still a question mark.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Well I don’t know what you guys talk about?!?!
/chad

Brad Wesley

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Even if Petras improves on accuracy, his extreme lack of mobility is going to be a problem. He makes fat Nate look like Brad Banks.

Padilla appears to be barley larger than my 85 lb 4th grader.

Can Hogan play for five years?

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
I had really hoped Petras would start to show some signs to match the hype at this point. I'm not ready to write him off yet, but he really does need to find some touch and poise out there soon.

Otherwise, a good day today all around. Michigan State looked terrible, but the Hawks look like they're improving too. Special teams are also looking good. It's going to be a disappointing season overall because of those first two losses, but maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and go 4-1 the rest of the way.

Rolo Tomassi

Friend to All Small Animals
Reaction score
Although Iowa looked pretty damned good today, I'm not sold on Petras - not at all.

I can't believe that fucking Northwestern is going to win the West this year.

douglasbader

Thought Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Although Iowa looked pretty damned good today, I'm not sold on Petras - not at all.

I can't believe that fucking Northwestern is going to win the West this year.
Maybe. Lots of games left and they still have to play @Purdue next week, Wisconsin the following week and @Minnesota on 12/5.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I had really hoped Petras would start to show some signs to match the hype at this point. I'm not ready to write him off yet, but he really does need to find some touch and poise out there soon.

Otherwise, a good day today all around. Michigan State looked terrible, but the Hawks look like they're improving too. Special teams are also looking good. It's going to be a disappointing season overall because of those first two losses, but maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat and go 4-1 the rest of the way.
that incomplete screen pass right before the TD to Smith was ridiculous. That screen was set up real nice, Clark.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Petras is terrible over the middle and has overthrown way too many screen passes. I don’t know how his long ball looks other than he hasn’t completed one.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Petras and Hetfield. For the next two years.

Reaction score
Even if Petras improves on accuracy, his extreme lack of mobility is going to be a problem. He makes fat Nate look like Brad Banks.

Padilla appears to be barley larger than my 85 lb 4th grader.

Can Hogan play for five years?
OTOH, Padilla looks larger than Tate and Banks.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
If Padilla can complete more than 50% of the screen throws, he's an upgrade. What is Spencer bringing to the table that the other quarterbacks can't?

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
And I love quarterbacks with big arms. They just can't be retarded pants shitters.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Still many games to go, but Iowa's 4.98 yards per carry would be its highest since 2002 (5.03).

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
They had 4 touchdown drives in competitive situations in 3 quarters. Against a solid defense. I will take that. Petras made some good throws, and the pocket awareness is understandable, but the screen passes and drag routes need to be fixed.

This defense could end up being very good.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Was it Hankins that sucked yesterday? I have a feeling Moss will be picked on next week.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
Iowa corners looked very good tackling yesterday. which historically has been the case for the most part.
People complain about the secondary from time to time but despite how much praise Ferentz gets for putting OL in the NFL I think it’s actually probably actual Phil’s work with the secondary that deserves the most praise.