Game Thread **Official Michigan State vs. Iowa Game Thread - 7:00pm on FOX**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This is the biggest Iowa game any of us have ever seen. Ever. The worst case scenario is the Rose Bowl.

Wild Onion

Banned
Reaction score
Iowa just won on the road against the only team to beat Michigan St.

Bring it on. CCMF

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Anything can happen, but based on common opponents I ain't skurred of any of the 3 teams Iowa could face.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Mother fucker!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Holy motherfucking shitballs.

We're about to witness an Iowa football game bigger than the 85 #1 vs. #2 game.

I was born in 1986 and always assumed I'd never get to experience a game bigger then that as an Iowa fan.

I'm not doing anything all week at work. Gonna soak in as much of this one as I can.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I gotta wait until next Saturday night at about 7:15p for kickoff??!!

Reaction score
I either have to quit drinking until about 5 next Saturday or I need to score a kilo of coke.

Reaction score
My wife, God bless her, went to the fridge earlier, grabbed a couple beers, and said "what an awesome feeling it is knowing the team you love, at worst, is most likely Pasadena bound. As will we be."

Merry Christmas to me.

Eastside Ray Ray

Cleans his ass with toilet water
Reaction score
Nothing in my life has been as important as the 3 hours on Saturday where we kick TBDs ass all over the field.

Boner thread is boner thread.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
My wife, God bless her, went to the fridge earlier, grabbed a couple beers, and said "what an awesome feeling it is knowing the team you love, at worst, is most likely Pasadena bound. As will we be."

Merry Christmas to me.
That woman's a keeper. Congrats.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score

Merry Christmas to me.
She's cheating on you.

Reaction score
Edited for removal of possible bad juju.

Last edited:

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
iowa basketball gif = bad juju.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a feeling that these Hawkeyes are using their 24 hours to wash down saltpeter with one Busch Light and one O'Douls. With some variation, of course.

Last edited:

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I think Kirk, Brian, and the boyz need to think outside of the box and do something to loosen up our guys this week. Like a celebrity cameo appearance at practice or some sort of team practical joke that involves the press.

I'm serious. Tensions are probably a bit high whether these kids are willing to admit to it or not. Let's mix a little fun in there. I know when I was that age I would have appreciated that sort of thing. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for these guys. They should enjoy it.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
This is the biggest Iowa game any of us have ever seen. Ever. The worst case scenario is the Rose Bowl.
Maybe Michigan 1985 was as big. Dunno. You are likely right. Thing is, I feel like we are playing with house money now. Any previous huge game I didn't feel that way.

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
I just scrolled through this entire thread and liked every post.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Maybe Michigan 1985 was as big. Dunno. You are likely right. Thing is, I feel like we are playing with house money now. Any previous huge game I didn't feel that way.
Not even close to as big. #1 vs. #2 in the middle of the season is meaningless compared to being #4 at worst and playing for a spot in the College Football Playoff.

It would be like thinking a January game at Carver Hawkeye between #1 Iowa and #2 Michigan State is bigger than an undefeated Iowa playing an Elite Eight game to go to the Final Four.

Reaction score
No doubt that was big but this is basically a national quarterfinal

howler

Reaction score
Saturday will be even bigger than Chuck Long vs. Jim Harbaugh.

howler

Reaction score
Well shit, Saturday will be the biggest game in Iowa's history.

13-0(!)

Big Ten Championship(!!)

Chance to play a two-game playoff for the ultimate prize(!!!)

douglasbader

Reaction score
This is only going to likely happen one time in our lives. Don't sit there and want it to be next Saturday quicker, soak every second of this up. You should want this week go slow and take in every article and piece of info that you can.

I'm about to reserve our hotel room in Los Angeles for the Rose Bowl scenario and checking into the selfish ideal scenario that Iowa is #2 or #3 and I can drive a couple hours up the road and spend New Year's Eve at AT&T Stadium.

I wonder if this is how (for the people around our age) our parents felt back when Hayden got Iowa into the first couple Rose Bowls.

howler

Reaction score
I am ready to spend $2000 on tickets to the Rose Bowl w/ my dad, which, amazingly, would be a consolation prize all things considered.

howler

Reaction score
January 1st 1991.

My dad got so drunk and angry during that Washington game that he disappeared out walking for most of the night. I'll never forget it.

Wanna make it up to him.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
You all convinced me. Biggest game in the last 40-50 years. Hard to believe it but it's true.
In any case I'm no longer concerned. Iowa finished 12-0 and the rest is gravy. We can beat MSU.

Amazing that Iowa won when CJ had a very sub-par game. Someone else always seems to step up to fill a void. These guys are winners.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
That "selfish ideal" scenario is probably the most likely for Iowa with a win next weekend, right? It's still hard for me to
imagine an undefeated Iowa getting the 4 seed. I think the committee will reward Iowa if they "prove it" next weekend. Oklahoma may have more good wins, but they have a bad loss as well. Id think iowa would have a slight edge.

douglasbader

Reaction score
That "selfish ideal" scenario is probably the most likely for Iowa with a win next weekend, right? It's still hard for me to
imagine an undefeated Iowa getting the 4 seed. I think the committee will reward Iowa if they "prove it" next weekend. Oklahoma may have more good wins, but they have a bad loss as well. Id think iowa would have a slight edge.
I think that will be the case. If everyone wins in the current Top 4, then they are likely going to reward Iowa for the extra game and beating #5 Michigan State and put them at #3 or possibly even #2.

Reaction score
I'm having an extended fart session right now. These farts are particularly obnoxious. Not sure if that's due to nerves, canned cranberry, or heavy amounts of light beer. I'm going to die single because of it, but I won't be lonely. I count every hair on these Hawkeyes' large testicles as kin.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Get that fucking coke head fuck out of this thread @howler. Delete that and don't jinx a game thread.

howler

Reaction score
Too bad Iowa doesn't have a "quality loss" against Ole Miss or Texas!

howler

Reaction score
I'm happy to offer up DJK some absolution.

2009 was a spectacular year, and he was a big part of that.