**Official Middle Tennessee vs. Iowa Football Thread - 11am - ESPN2**

Reaction score
True freshman walk-on OT Nick DeJong played against MTSU. The staff must be pretty high on him.
Saw that too. He can't be much over 260 as he looked like a TE. Pella has been good to Iowa with walk-ons lately and Iowa's walk-on tradition on the offensive line has been great.

Goodson on the drive at the end was delicious

Reaction score
This is a very good Iowa team. Played a very good game and can see how well coached this program is. Very few mistakes.

Stanley made some good throws. The TD to Smith was a thing of beauty.

Goodson must be well liked, there was a lot of excitement on his close TD run

HoundedHawk

Insecure
Reaction score
This is a very good Iowa team. Played a very good game and can see how well coached this program is. Very few mistakes.

I don't know how they could overturn that TD call from those angles. You'd have indisputable evidence his heel was down. I think it would be very odd for a heel to be able to hit with his body in that position.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score

I don't know how they could overturn that TD call from those angles. You'd have indisputable evidence his heel was down. I think it would be very odd for a heel to be able to hit with his body in that position.
I had to see what retarded shit you were posting, but his hand was out before the ball crossed even if his heel wasn't. It was the right call.

HoundedHawk

Insecure
Reaction score

I had to see what retarded shit you were posting, but his hand was out before the ball crossed even if his heel wasn't. It was the right call.
You didn't have to see anything. Please be more disciplined.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Love Fat Bottomed Girls on the PA

Ragaini is awesome in the slot. He may be the worst punt fielder ever.

Nixon is a man.

Sargent is a man.

Tracy and Goodson have wiggle.

No matter who is the OC, Iowa is hot rancid shit garbage going into half with the ball and a short clock.

Bob

Reaction score
The actually catching punts thing has been a problem for like 2/3 of the punt returners we've had, so they have to just be coaching them to err on the side of caution to an absurd degree. Even Micah Hyde, who was almost immediately a great NFL return guy, let almost all of them bounce.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I think the kid from Bettendorf was the worst at letting punts bounce.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
The actually catching punts thing has been a problem for like 2/3 of the punt returners we've had, so they have to just be coaching them to err on the side of caution to an absurd degree. Even Micah Hyde, who was almost immediately a great NFL return guy, let almost all of them bounce.
I remember being in SunDevils stadium saying out loud “fuckin catch it!”

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
That pass to Beyer at :17 left in the first half was 6 inches from legendary.

thrawn

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I think the kid from Bettendorf was the worst at letting punts bounce.
I have the worst as Paul Chaney Jr. Musburger was even bitching at him before the Clayborn block at Penn State.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Ragaini is an awful punt returner and him not catching most of his attempts negates the one pro of having a non-playmaker there. Would love to see ISM or Tyrone Tracy back there.

Bob

Reaction score
I don't think he's a non playmaker, his returns are fine when he actually tries to return it. That just doesn't happen very often because he's overly cautious which I don't think is entirely on him. Everyone around the team says he's one of the quickest guys on the roster.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I don't think he's a non playmaker, his returns are fine when he actually tries to return it. That just doesn't happen very often because he's overly cautious which I don't think is entirely on him. Everyone around the team says he's one of the quickest guys on the roster.
Agree. They are coached to be conservative in fielding punts. And he'll get more aggressive as he gains experience. He's got that feel for making the first guy miss them busting a seem. He's gonna be great back there.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Agree. They are coached to be conservative in fielding punts. And he'll get more aggressive as he gains experience. He's got that feel for making the first guy miss them busting a seem. He's gonna be great back there.
I personally don’t remember anyone letting balls roll as frequently as Ragaini.

Reaction score
Vandeberg maybe?

Reaction score

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Vandeberg maybe?
Vandeberg was pretty bad. Especially since he followed Desmond King, who was really good at returning.

Bob

Reaction score
There was a long period before Des where the punt return game mostly sucked. Chaney and Hyde were the same thing. Chaney probably would have just dropped it anyway but it was infuriating with Hyde because everyone had seen him make crazy INT returns and knew he'd be good at it.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Didn't they try Josh Jackson and he also sucked?

I'm a little surprised they haven't had Martin do it to get him time on the field.

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I give a fuck what we do, just fix it. It’s primarily on the special teams coach and analysts, assuming that nico is not a dumbfuck and they are coaching him to not aggressively attack end over end kicks. The returner has been consistently positioned terribly, unless we coincidentally have had some four game streak of every punter hitting 3 standard deviations above their average.

Try Tracy or Martin. Preferably Martin just to mitigate the chance of injury to a preferred WR option.

Reaction score
Martin on kick returns does seem like a good way of getting him on the field and he should have safe hands.

Reaction score
Didn't they try Josh Jackson and he also sucked?

I'm a little surprised they haven't had Martin do it to get him time on the field.
Jackson let a lot of balls go and wasn't great when he did it early that season, but I know the Packers considered using him late last season in that role so he has return skills.

Reaction score
I posted this in the DirecTV thread but it may be more relevant here:

After some research I found out DirecTV has something called a Local Channel Connector for free in markets that have channel disputes. Supposedly one can take an OTA antenna plug it into the LCC then the DirecTV receiver and get the local OTA channels and sub channels with the ability to record or watch to any TV.

I called and said I needed one sent to keep my service because I lost Fox out of Cedar Rapids and they are sending me one supposedly yet this week.

I called a couple weeks ago trying to get a few dollars off my bill and no one ever mentioned an LCC. I mentioned it today and after verifying the KFXA dispute they agreed to send it at no charge.

Edit to add I think they are sending an indoor antenna as well but I already have one, I just cant record under my current set up or watch on any other TV.

https://blog.solidsignal.com/tutorials/does-solidsignal-sell-the-directv-local-channel-connector-lcc/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwim1NP5wPTkAhVfHjQIHeW6A8YQzPwBCAM&url=https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-cbs-directv-u-verse-digital-antenna-20190722-eyqguqgryjd2no5xysuefsehqe-story.html&psig=AOvVaw3o6KAU9RAXAbISYjkH_bjS&ust=1569794122808893

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-uscellular-us-revc&source=android-browser&q=how+to.get+directv+local.channel+connector

https://forums.att.com/t5/Watching-DIRECTV/How-can-I-get-a-local-channel-connector/td-p/5946715

@BuffettHawk
I've called on that like three times and every call I was transferred at least twice. They all thought they would be able to send it to me but then realized they couldn't for whatever bullshit reason. One said they would've been able to send it a month or so ago when they still had the Nexstar dispute but now that it was smaller distributors they couldn't.

Went to Best Buy today and got some converter for $29 because my main year-old 65" tv doesn't have an antenna jack. Can connect that to an external hard drive or USB for recording purposes if needed.
It arrived Tuesday but u didnt realize that because the kids had moved it.

Set up and good to go. I get all the KFXA channels all 4 TVs with receivers and they are all recordable to the DVR.Resized_20191004_110040.jpeg

HoundedHawk

Insecure
Reaction score

On The Heartland they had another view. I watched it frame for frame even on a slow motion speed to begin with, and the heel never did hit the ground, barely missed, maybe even on top of the other guys shoe. So it was not the right call. But you are right on the hand, and thus the ball should have been placed there instead of three yards back.