**Official Middle Tennessee vs. Iowa Football Thread - 11am - ESPN2**

Reaction score
Just no additional injuries in this game please

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
MTSU was pretty decent when we scheduled this and commanded a decent payday. It’s basically the anti-NDSU.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
This is still a game we’re Ferentz could strike. Keeps everyone out during the Iowa St. game again plus Stone. Then proceeds to only run 5 plays on offense

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
76 degrees and thunderstorms is the current forecast.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
This is the most athletically gifted team Iowa has played to this point.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Just watched MTSU highlights from the Michigan and Duke games. Their QB is a lot like the guy at UNI and he tries to throw like Phillip Rivers. He might be 5 feet tall.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Just watched MTSU highlights from the Michigan and Duke games. Their QB is a lot like the guy at UNI and he tries to throw like Phillip Rivers. He might be 5 feet tall.
Hopefully AJ sits on his face during their first drive

HoundedHawk

STILL LURKS BUT DELETED ALL OF HIS CONTENT
Reaction score

Last edited:

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
After catching up on the last two days, I have never wanted to play Middle Tennessee more. Good lord the this Iowa/Iowa State crap is annoying and dumb.

Bob

Reaction score
Ultimately we should just beat the hell out of them up front and wear them down but I could see it being annoying for a quarter or two with the secondary still so banged up. Their QB can run and they have one pretty good receiver with Ty Lee. Would have been a good game for the 4-2-5 if we still had enough decent DBs to run it.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Ultimately we should just beat the hell out of them up front and wear them down but I could see it being annoying for a quarter or two with the secondary still so banged up. Their QB can run and they have one pretty good receiver with Ty Lee. Would have been a good game for the 4-2-5 if we still had enough decent DBs to run it.
This is true. What’s also true is their defense is absolutely horrible.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I don't care what the score is as long as their yards per play average is >10

Bob

Reaction score
Yeah we should put up 40+ pretty comfortably. I don't think it'll ultimately be that close I could just see them putting together a few annoying drives and causing a brief freakout

Last edited:

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Yeah we should put up 40+ pretty comfortably. I don't think it'll ultimately be that close I could just see them putting together a few annoying drives and causing a a brief freakout
Everyone will be totally clam and relaxed.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Iowa - 36
Middle Tennessee St.-14

Reaction score
Yeah we should put up 40+ pretty comfortably. I don't think it'll ultimately be that close I could just see them putting together a few annoying drives and causing a brief freakout
I'm not sure there is an FBS team in the country I'm willing to say Iowa would comfortably put 40+ on. Especially with the OL injuries.

I hope the offense gets to that point eventually, but the run game needs to become more dominant or Stanley needs to get his accuracy dialed in for me to feel comfortable that 40+ is a given.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see Iowa covering this game and there will be some uncomfortable moments, sandwich game et al.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm not sure there is an FBS team in the country I'm willing to say Iowa would comfortably put 40+ on. Especially with the OL injuries.

I hope the offense gets to that point eventually, but the run game needs to become more dominant or Stanley needs to get his accuracy dialed in for me to feel comfortable that 40+ is a given.
Iowa could have easily put up 40+ on both Miami-Ohio and Rutgers. They took their foot off the gas in those games, especially Rutgers.

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Reaction score

Iowa could have easily put up 40+ on both Miami-Ohio and Rutgers. They took their foot off the gas in those games, especially Rutgers.
Iowa would have easily scored over 40 against Rutgers without their punter doing his best Ray Guy impersonation.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

The Iowa/MofO game was 24-14 with us facing a 4th & 1 with 6 minutes left.

One has to occasionally check up on revisionist duggie...

Reaction score

Lol, no. And Iowa takes their foot off the gas all the time, contributing to why I never feel comfortable thinking they're going to score 40+.

If they start scoring more long TD's, really dominating on the ground, or Stanley improves his accuracy I'll feel different. Until then, I'll never think Iowa will score 40+ comfortably in any game.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Iowa 45 MTU 10

Bob

Reaction score

Miami nah but Rutgers would have been in the 40s or 50s without the absurd punter bullshit.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Lol, no. And Iowa takes their foot off the gas all the time, contributing to why I never feel comfortable thinking they're going to score 40+.

If they start scoring more long TD's, really dominating on the ground, or Stanley improves his accuracy I'll feel different. Until then, I'll never think Iowa will score 40+ comfortably in any game.
What are we talking about here..... will they score 40+ or can they score 40+?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa has gone 40+ points the following....

2018 - 3 times
2017 - 4 times
2016 - 4 times
2015 - 4 times

Yeah, except for around 1/3rd of the time, Iowa isn't reliable to put up 40+ on teams.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this one a lot, and, well, I think we're going to win.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

Who was the starting QB when Iowa put up 55 on the eventual Big Ten Champions?
1A6A8706-E20F-40B8-A9B0-9A345F6353BF.jpeg

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score

Who was the starting QB when Iowa put up 55 on the eventual Big Ten Champions?
View attachment 14942
Phat Nate fuckin Stanley

Reaction score
Of course Iowa CAN score 40, but I'm never comfortable assuming they will because of the play style. Additionally, the team is pretty banged up this week, presumably down two starters on the OL and they're still going to shuffle a lot of guys in at OL, which makes me feel less confident they'll be able to run at will on Middle Tennessee.

I saw enough out of the run game in Ames to make me think they'll get to a point where this offense is capable of consistently moving the ball because they'll have a dominant run game, I just think they need to get Jackson back and a consistent starting five locked in on the OL before we'll see that. I wouldn't be shocked if they scored 40+ Saturday, but I think it's far from a given.

Really hoping Jackson and the DB's are back for the trip to Ann Arbor.

The Tin Man

Reaction score
I’m taking my older two munchkins to this one. It will be my 6-year-olds second Iowa game and my 4-year-olds first. I’m sure they won’t last long, but it’s Middle Tennessee, I don’t care. We are going to ride the train and eat chorizo mac n cheese and popcorn. They are excited as hell to watch the Hawks and wave to the kids.

45-0 Iowa

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I’m taking my older two munchkins to this one. It will be my 6-year-olds second Iowa game and my 4-year-olds first. I’m sure they won’t last long, but it’s Middle Tennessee, I don’t care. We are going to ride the train and eat chorizo mac n cheese and popcorn. They are excited as hell to watch the Hawks and wave to the kids.

45-0 Iowa
LTW is going to go to his first game. He will probably be wiped by the end of the first quarter but want to stay the entire game. Got him some sweetass earmuffs and a number one foam finger.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Of course Iowa CAN score 40, but I'm never comfortable assuming they will because of the play style. Additionally, the team is pretty banged up this week, presumably down two starters on the OL and they're still going to shuffle a lot of guys in at OL, which makes me feel less confident they'll be able to run at will on Middle Tennessee.

I saw enough out of the run game in Ames to make me think they'll get to a point where this offense is capable of consistently moving the ball because they'll have a dominant run game, I just think they need to get Jackson back and a consistent starting five locked in on the OL before we'll see that. I wouldn't be shocked if they scored 40+ Saturday, but I think it's far from a given.

Really hoping Jackson and the DB's are back for the trip to Ann Arbor.
I get it, but thought it was pretty silly to say when they consistently score 40+ in about 33% of their regular season games.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Well by the way this fucking week is going I'm afraid Iowa finds themselves in a real shitfest Saturday. A late TD puts it away and Iowa looks much better next week during their ass pounding of Michigan.

Iowa 30
MTSU 16

Bob

Reaction score
Well by the way this fucking week is going I'm afraid Iowa finds themselves in a real shitfest Saturday. A late TD puts it away and Iowa looks much better next week during their ass pounding of Michigan.

Iowa 30
MTSU 16
i kinda doubt the team gives a shit about the band or the Busch Light Guy

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nate cares about the band, he cares about us all.