**Official Minnesota vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - BTN**

The Full Monte

CycloneFanatic Poster
Reaction score
There was a play yesterday (among many plays showcasing some mobility) but the one that stood out to me - some pressure in the pocket and Padilla makes a couple moves to buy another second or so. More pressure, so he scrambles outside the pocket. Eventually he throws across his body out of bounds.

That play encapsulated so much that's wrong with petras. Padilla didn't eat a sack, didn't lose 10 yards, gave another 3-4 seconds for a receiver to get open, then just threw the ball away to play the next down 7 yards from the first down marker.

We weren't asking for an all big ten QB, just better. And Padilla is better
As much shit as Goodson has gotten for the negative and no yard runs….Petras’ immobility was an equally big issue keeping the offense on track.

Reaction score
As much shit as Goodson has gotten for the negative and no yard runs….Petras’ immobility was an equally big issue keeping the offense on track.
The amount of pressure it puts on a defense for a QB to be able to move is always underrated. When it's 3rd and 10 and you can tee off on a guy who can't move around, those third and long runs to Goodson yesterday wouldn't have been an option. And that was a major difference in the game.

I'm not saying Brian is a good OC, but who he was working with made a difference

Mountain Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Many of us have said it for months-A legitimate power 5 team simply cannot start a QB that does not possess an ounce of athleticism. Doesn’t matter if that guy can throw the ball 80 yards.
Yep, it takes time for things to develop downfield, and an immobile QB getting creamed is not conducive to that.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
I’m fine with kicking the field goal. But only if you are trying to score on your first three downs.
We simply were not going to give them the satisfaction of stopping us while we were actually trying to score.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
I’ve joked about the iowa staff being quarterback blind, but I am starting to think they really are. The difference between Padilla and Peaches is stark.
No doubt. Padilla being able to roll out and avoid sacks alone makes up for any deep ball deficiency. He is game fucking ready. It’s infuriating that Kirk trotted Peaches out for 2 fuckin years

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I'm about 10 rows behind that guy sitting next to Dane Belton's dad

Reactions: BBK

Saul Berkley

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I’ve joked about the iowa staff being quarterback blind, but I am starting to think they really are. The difference between Padilla and Peaches is stark.
Yep. Iowa does a great job of identifying and developing talent at almost every position. Quarterback is their biggest weakness in that area imo.

Rolo Tomassi

Friend to All Small Animals
Reaction score
We're going to like Padilla more and more with each coming game. By mid-season next year, Iowa's quarterback problem will be a thing of the past.

Shawneemicks

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Why wait? I have no problem bitching about stuff that may or may not ever happen. No one can stop me.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Spots were a little sus all day
What struck me was how their yellow first down line was consistently off an entire yard. It’s not new technology. BTN needs to get their shit together.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I never care about uniforms and pay very little attention, but I wouldn’t mind the Hawks in a shiny gold helmet sometime since, you know, gold makes sense given our school colors.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
The amount of pressure it puts on a defense for a QB to be able to move is always underrated. When it's 3rd and 10 and you can tee off on a guy who can't move around, those third and long runs to Goodson yesterday wouldn't have been an option. And that was a major difference in the game.

I'm not saying Brian is a good OC, but who he was working with made a difference
There we’ll be no exonerating of the coaching on TFM’s watch.