**Official Minnesota vs. Iowa Football Thread - 3pm - Fox**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Minnesota is ranked #7 in the AP / Coaches and I would guess will be #10 or #9 in the CFP poll. Iowa is ranked #22 and #23 in the AP/Coaches and will be about the same in the CFP poll.

No line out yet, but I would guess Iowa is surprisingly -4 or -5

The West isn't a mathematical impossibility yet, but not likely and still a lot to play for. Win this game and get ranked back near the Top 15. Beat Illinois at home and Nebrantska on the road and finish 9-3 and possibly head to the Citrus or Holiday Bowl and get to 10 wins and a Top 15 ranking.

Pretty damn good season and will be nice to spoil the party for Minnesota.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Minnesota would have to lose out for Iowa to win the west. Come on now.

Reaction score
This makes no sense to me. Last week MN seemed overvalued against PSU in the line, and we were stunned it wasn’t bigger. This week, despite beating PSU, they seem undervalued.

Edit: I realize now the game is at Kinnick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kinnick is a big factor. I can see us beating Minnesota at home and the Gophers beating Wisconsin at home. I don’t see Minnesota winning out but we’ll see.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Minnesota would have to lose out for Iowa to win the west. Come on now.
No shit, that is why it was listed as "isn't a mathematical impossibility" and not anything more.

Actually, I think Minnesota losing out is actually the much more realistic part of what it would take. They have to play @Iowa and Wisconsin. They are going to be underdogs or a toss up at best in those games. They also have to play @Northwestern and Fitz would love nothing more than to pull a rabbit out of his hat on them.

I feel better about them losing out than counting on Wisconsin losing to Nebrantska and Purdue.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Minnesota hasn’t won at Kinnick since 1999 and it ain’t changing. Iowa 31, Hot Dish Shits 26

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I love Iowa in this game. Iowa is pissed and will be ready to jump all over Minnesota. Minnesota just had one of their biggest wins in 50? years and will have a hangover game.

Everything will be in Iowa's favor and against Minnesota.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I thought my Prairie Meadows App showed Minnesota -6 yesterday. Any of you go all Doug on that line?

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I am much more confident about this one than last week's trip to Madison. Iowa wins by +10.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Assuming no hangover from Madison, I'd take Iowa to win straight up. Will be a close game though

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
any notable injuries for either Iowa or MN last Saturday?

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Assuming no hangover from Madison, I'd take Iowa to win straight up. Will be a close game though
I bet @foxhawks and @6deuce have hangovers from Madison
Dear god. My buddy in Madison (sorry, Jimmie) does it better than anyone I know. His tailgate machine is incredible. Automatic beer dispenser, Tito’s on tap. Brisket, chili, pizzas rolling out constantly. I decided to eat the ticket and stay at the tailgate spot. Drank from 8:00 AM until 1:30 AM. Preceded by 2 nights in Chicago and a Friday night in Madison...That’s gonna leave a mark.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
St. Paul paper says Iowa will be facing a Heisman Trophy candidate qb on Saturday.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Hawks win this one, lose to Illinois (bad spot), and beat Nebrantska to feel good to end the year. Two more first round draft picks making it pretty depressing to have 4 of the top 40 players in college football the last 2 years without more than 8 regular season wins.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I'd really like 9-3 if that could happen please

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
we will win out.
27-24 Hawks

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Hawks win this one, lose to Illinois (bad spot), and beat Nebrantska to feel good to end the year. Two more first round draft picks making it pretty depressing to have 4 of the top 40 players in college football the last 2 years without more than 8 regular season wins.
No fucking way they are losing to IL on Senior day

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Would love to see it, but no way Iowa wins out. They will lose at least one game.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I have a weird feeling that this is going to be a lot like the MSU game in 2010 where we skullfucked a top 5 team with big hopes. Similar lead up and I think Iowa is going to put a similar beatdown on the Gophers.

Iowa 41
Minnesota 13

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I have a weird feeling that this is going to be a lot like the MSU game in 2010 where we skullfucked a top 5 team with big hopes. Similar lead up and I think Iowa is going to put a similar beatdown on the Gophers.

Iowa 41
Minnesota 13
I said basically the same thing in the Wisconsin thread postgame discussion. I think they win out (but I expect the Illinois game to be maddening) and finish exactly how I predicted in August (9-3, with losses to UM, PSU, UW).

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to find out tomorrow that Nate was actually concussed on that 2-pt conversion. Looked like his eggs got scrambled on the replay...

Ojuemudia went to the locker room late in the 3rd quarter. Linderbaum is playing dinged, but he's a tough SOB>

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to find out tomorrow that Nate was actually concussed on that 2-pt conversion. Looked like his eggs got scrambled on the replay...

Ojuemudia went to the locker room late in the 3rd quarter. Linderbaum is playing dinged, but he's a tough SOB>
Wasn't Petras warming up after that happened?

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score

Wasn't Petras warming up after that happened?
Correct

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
The Hawkeyes haven't beaten a single good team all year. I think Minnesota might be good. I hope the Hawks can finally get one.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The Hawkeyes haven't beaten a single good team all year. I think Minnesota might be good. I hope the Hawks can finally get one.
Iowa State is technically good.

thrawn

Reaction score
Iowa State away is a quality win.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
St. Paul paper says Iowa will be facing a Heisman Trophy candidate qb on Saturday.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
He’s been really good (but not that good of course). Minnesota has too much offense for Iowa I think.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Iowa breaks out the old "Statue of Liberty" and flogs the Gophers.