**Official Minnesota vs. Iowa Football Thread - 3pm - Fox**

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
And some extremely well thrown balls were inexplicably dropped with absolutely zero interference from Iowa defenders.

And I hate to say it, but had those been caught, we would have lost.
It is almost like Iowa might have dropped some passes as well that prevented them from scoring....
Yes, of course, we dropped some, but not as crucial as MN's drops.

I don't remember a couple down near the 5 yard line while being completely wide open with a perfect pass to the hands.
That's football

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Yes, of course, we dropped some, but not as crucial as MN's drops.

I don't remember a couple down near the 5 yard line while being completely wide open with a perfect pass to the hands.
That's football
That statement by Ferentz still bothers me.

A corrected statement could be, "That's Iowa football under me when I coach like a Neanderthal."
As opposed to "if Minnesota catches all their balls, they win"

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
My favorite all day yesterday and today was Minnesota won the second half.....their defense shut the Hawks down in the second half and should have won.

Fucking dolts

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Yes, they didnt....that's football
No, "that's very poor football," as opposed to general bizarre events that occasionally occur.
You do understand that people have defensive philosophies based around positioning and the thought that timing, windows, throws, receptions are difficult and that they are often not always reproducable over and over- especially as the field becomes compressed and those timing plays and windows become smaller, quicker and tougher to complete.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
No, "that's very poor football," as opposed to general bizarre events that occasionally occur.
You do understand that people have defensive philosophies based around positioning and the thought that timing, windows, throws, receptions are difficult and that they are often not always reproducable over and over- especially as the field becomes compressed and those timing plays and windows become smaller, quicker and tougher to complete.
Of course, I do. But that has no bearing on what I've been saying. Phil's system certainly isn't built around "The odds are that they will drop perfect passes while we inadequately cover them inside the 5."
Are you new to watching football- it literally happens multiple times a game, and even by professionals.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I can think of 2 drops by Minnesota. The one by Johnson and one by Bateman in the 1st half that didn’t really matter.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
My favorite all day yesterday and today was Minnesota won the second half.....their defense shut the Hawks down in the second half and should have won.

Fucking dolts
My favorite part of Sunday was flying from Tampa to Minneapolis and then making my way through the airport with my Hawkeye hat on.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Ocular accosting was done, boys.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I’m positive Hounded will let Cloud have the last word.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Drops are relatively common on those quick slants. QB is throwing as hard as he can and it's a small window going into the heart of the defense. Plus, Tyler Johnson has always had a case of the drops. If anything, I think the gopher receivers had a better than average day catching the ball.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Drops are relatively common on those quick slants. QB is throwing as hard as he can and it's a small window going into the heart of the defense. Plus, Tyler Johnson has always had a case of the drops. If anything, I think the gopher receivers had a better than average day catching the ball.
Shut up Fritz

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
Very nice win. That is the best Minnesota team I've seen and the QB is going to be a problem the next two years. I think they'll beat Wisconsin and finish 11-1. Pretty damn good in tough Big Ten.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Very nice win. That is the best Minnesota team I've seen and the QB is going to be a problem the next two years. I think they'll beat Wisconsin and finish 11-1. Pretty damn good in tough Big Ten.
I don’t think the Wisconsin D is very good on the back end and Minnesota runs a ton of 7 man protections. Minnesota will score unless wisconsin runs it and controls the ball the entire game.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
I don’t think the Wisconsin D is very good on the back end and Minnesota runs a ton of 7 man protections. Minnesota will score unless wisconsin runs it and controls the ball the entire game.
Which they probably will

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Hoping for a stadium-sized Meteor.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Northwestern is going to stun them and they will finish 9-3 (6-3), behind Iowa in the bowl pecking order.

I have spoken!

douglasbader

Reaction score
Northwestern is going to stun them and they will finish 9-3 (6-3), behind Iowa in the bowl pecking order.

I have spoken!

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score

I have spoken!
Would be delicious

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

I have spoken!
They are ripe for the picking this week. Many people thought last week was the let down week. I think it’s this week.

Bob

Reaction score
I understand why Iowa fans would be inclined to give Northwestern the benefit of the doubt but they suck huge ass this year

douglasbader

Reaction score
I understand why Iowa fans would be inclined to give Northwestern the benefit of the doubt but they suck huge ass this year
Gee, thanks Bob. None of us knew that already.

Bob

Reaction score
If you're giving them an actual shot against a good Minnesota team it seems like maybe you don't? They're gonna get smoked, they can't score TDs.

douglasbader

Reaction score
If you're giving them an actual shot against a good Minnesota team it seems like maybe you don't? They're gonna get smoked, they can't score TDs.
People are having fun with thinking about the possibility, nothing really more. Maybe Truant, but everyone else realizes it is nothing but hoping it happens.

Tanner Morgan might be out as well.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
People are having fun with thinking about the possibility, nothing really more. Maybe Truant, but everyone else realizes it is nothing but hoping it happens.

Fuck off
It's not like I would put a fake bet on it.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Fuck off
Hey, douchebag, I wasn't giving you shit, was simply saying you might actually think they might win and given your hatred for Minnesota that is understandable.

Either way, watch your fucking mouth. I leave you alone and you should want to keep it that way. Don't fuck up in here.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score

Fuck off
Hey, douchebag, I wasn't giving you shit, was simply saying you might actually think they might win and given your hatred for Minnesota that is understandable.

Either way, watch your fucking mouth. I leave you alone and you should want to keep it that way. Don't fuck up in here.

Go fuck yourself
Plastic fucking tough guy always running your mouth.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuck off

Go fuck yourself
Plastic fucking tough guy always running your mouth.
I've never had a cross word with you, but you want to fucking play tough guy on a misinterpretation.

Get fucked. You are literally worse than nolookpass, who looks like a competent normal poster compared to you despite your obsESSion with him.

Lick my fucking nuts, TwinCities Douche.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I should have said it earlier, but @Truant is a Top 5 worst poster ever on this site. Maybe as bad as TS, who is a deranged psycho and blatant racist.

At least TS has a sense of humor. Unlike this fucking douche.