**Official Nebrantska vs. Iowa Football Thread - 12:00pm - Fox**

douglasbader

Thinks Trump is smart.
Reaction score
Nebrantska still can't figure out the only way you are going to win in the Big Ten West is to build your lines and have a team filled with ass kickers.

At a minimum you need to go through some combination of Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern every year. Those are 3 programs built on their lines, discipline and toughness. You may be able to fake it into a few wins with offense like Purdue does or catch a fluke season like Minnesota, but to win consistently you better have a team ready and willing to get into a fist fight every week and not back down.

I've watched every Nebrantska game so far. They are a team filled with shit talking cheap shot pussies. Fake tough guys. It is the type of team that Iowa should get up on early and then crush their spirit.

They have no over the top threats and I think with the defense that Iowa plays will be a nightmare for mistake prone QB's like McCaffery and Martinez.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
There is little better in life than my good friend, who is a life-long Husker fan, seeing his team get beat, year after year by mine. I don't ever say anything after the games, but I know how empty he feels inside. It's the awkward silence when we are around each other that is so glorious. I know he wants to say he wishes the Huskers were like the Hawkeyes, but he can't do it, and it rots away at his core.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
There is little better in life than my good friend, who is a life-long Husker fan, seeing his team get beat, year after year by mine. I don't ever say anything after the games, but I know how empty he feels inside. It's the awkward silence when we are around each other that is so glorious. I know he wants to say he wishes the Huskers were like the Hawkeyes, but he can't do it, and it rots away at his core.
That almost sounds like the joy of a condescending smirk at a grocery store. Bless me, I do love it so.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Nebrantska still can't figure out the only way you are going to win in the Big Ten West is to build your lines and have a team filled with ass kickers.

At a minimum you need to go through some combination of Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern every year. Those are 3 programs built on their lines, discipline and toughness. You may be able to fake it into a few wins with offense like Purdue does or catch a fluke season like Minnesota, but to win consistently you better have a team ready and willing to get into a fist fight every week and not back down.

I've watched every Nebrantska game so far. They are a team filled with shit talking cheap shot pussies. Fake tough guys. It is the type of team that Iowa should get up on early and then crush their spirit.

They have no over the top threats and I think with the defense that Iowa plays will be a nightmare for mistake prone QB's like McCaffery and Martinez.
So, they are built like a big 12 team

Rolo Tomassi

Friend to All Small Animals
Reaction score
A classic post.

Gushawk

Could Push Johnny Weir Down
Reaction score
That was a glorious article, Mikey.

Their throats are exposed, ready to be stomped.

I hope they stick with young Luke. Phil will destroy him.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score

Scott Frost is a fake tough guy whiny bitch.
There has to be a middle ground to Frost blaming all their problems on the players being baby shit soft, and Fleck never holding his players accountable for being baby shit soft.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The smart move would be to nuke it and hire Fickell, but they won’t and I love that about them.
That would be great, but I think Luke Fickell is too good for that job and everyone who isn’t a fan knows it

Gushawk

Reaction score
If Fickell wouldn’t take that job, what Big Ten jobs would he take? PSU and Michigan the list? OSU isn’t gonna happen.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong. I’m certainly a fan of the notion that they couldn’t throw enough money at Fickell to get him.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Was watching the Final Drive on BTN this morning and they played a 10-15 second clip of Frosts post game press conference. That’s a dumb human.

Sugar Cubes should be their first call. They need someone that actually knows how to coach defense there.

Reaction score

Scott Frost is a fake tough guy whiny bitch.
There are a lot of parallels here with the huge write up ESPN did on the fall of the Florida State program. They’re selfish, undisciplined morons....more concerned with making a highlight hit than a sound tackle. Nothing will change in that program so long as that culture remains unchanged

I hope it never does.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Would CMC take that job? Money and ceiling probably higher, but expectations versus the weirdness in Ames.....