**Official Nebrantska vs. Iowa Football Thread - 12:00pm - Fox**

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Nobody thought that
Oh yes they did, when he was coming out of high school. Sioux City/Western Iowa contingent sure were.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
I'll look again later this week but all four of Iowa's DL were like in the Top 20 or 25 of QB pressures this year in the Big Ten with Nixon and Gholston both in Top 10.
Based on the definition of any play with a hit, hurry or sack, PFF has Chauncey Golston as first in the Big Ten in QB pressures, Daviyon Nixon is tied for 5th and Zach VanValkenburg is tied for 10th. Jack Heflin is tied for 18th. Iowa is the only Big Ten team with 4 players in the Top 19.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Oh yes they did, when he was coming out of high school. Sioux City/Western Iowa contingent sure were.
Didn’t he break every high school rushing record? There was reason for the hype.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Nobody thought that
From the Gazette
"Wegher’s speed, quickness, power and poise are evident in long runs and short bursts. Wegher raced past the competition for a state-record 3,238 rushing yards last year while leading Sioux City Heelan to the Class 3A title. His ability has drawn favorable comparisons to Iowa prep legends Tavian Banks and Tim Dwight, yet doubt lingered in Sioux City about Wegher’s talents. "

Kirk Ferentz
“I wasn’t here when Tavian Banks and Tim Dwight came out, but that was an unusual year, both excellent skill players in the same year,” Ferentz said. “This past year, it is as good a year as I can recall since I’ve been here for skilled position players. We’re excited about that and excited about the quality of players and caliber of people they are."

Some random dude on the internet

"Bradon wegher is by far the best athlete I've seen since tim dwight outta iowa, privileged enough to play along side aj derby and watch james Morris tear up 4a in eastern iowa, aleáis thought bradon has the most potetial. In my opinion better than tim dwight, glad to see them each battle adversity and make a roster"

Dolphin

Iowa radio voice Gary Dolphin called Wegher a bigger version of former Hawkeye receiver Tim Dwight.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I remember being slightly underwhelmed with Wegher given all the hype I had heard.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
Iowa running Robinson repeatedly straight into MSU's defense and them teeing off on him while Iowa ran the clock out is a lowlight of Kirks tenure.
Kirk is notorious for allowing his assistants to call plays & make personnel decisions.

Having said that, had Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz been the OC for this game, after A-Rob getting smashed twice on run blitzes while trying to run out the clock, we would have gone play action straight to the post.

Last edited:

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Did the true story on Wegher, specific to his Iowa departure, ever come out?

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa running Robinson repeatedly straight into MSU's defense and them teeing off on him while Iowa ran the clock out is a lowlight of Kirks tenure.
Did someone used to drive a young Adam around town?

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I remember being slightly underwhelmed with Wegher given all the hype I had heard.
Bingo. And like I said, much-underhyped freshman Adam Robinson had almost a yard more per carry than BW.

Reaction score
I thought he got a girl pregnant?
Word on the street was up to 3 girls pregnant during 2010.
  • His girlfriend is known for sure because she had the kid.
  • There was an abortion that I heard about from someone close to the girl's family and circumstantial evidence strongly backs it up. Not dropping names because she would be known by people here.
  • The 3rd was a much less credible rumor going around that it was A-Rob's sister.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
  • There was an abortion that I heard about from someone close to the girl's family and circumstantial evidence strongly backs it up. Not dropping names because she would be known by people here.
  • The 3rd was a much less credible rumor going around that it was A-Rob's sister.
Those darn Catholic School Sioux City lads.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
From the Gazette
"Wegher’s speed, quickness, power and poise are evident in long runs and short bursts. Wegher raced past the competition for a state-record 3,238 rushing yards last year while leading Sioux City Heelan to the Class 3A title. His ability has drawn favorable comparisons to Iowa prep legends Tavian Banks and Tim Dwight, yet doubt lingered in Sioux City about Wegher’s talents. "

Kirk Ferentz
“I wasn’t here when Tavian Banks and Tim Dwight came out, but that was an unusual year, both excellent skill players in the same year,” Ferentz said. “This past year, it is as good a year as I can recall since I’ve been here for skilled position players. We’re excited about that and excited about the quality of players and caliber of people they are."

"Bradon wegher is by far the best athlete I've seen since tim dwight outta iowa, privileged enough to play along side aj derby and watch james Morris tear up 4a in eastern iowa, aleáis thought bradon has the most potetial. In my opinion better than tim dwight, glad to see them each battle adversity and make a roster"

Dolphin

Iowa radio voice Gary Dolphin called Wegher a bigger version of former Hawkeye receiver Tim Dwight.
James Morris never played 4a in Iowa.

Also I’ll just say what I always assumed it was based on the timeline and where he transferred to. If I’m wrong tell me to fuck off.

I thought it was Kittles sister. She was on the Iowa volleyball team at the time. She then transferred to Oklahoma right around the time Bruce became an assistant at Oklahoma. Wegher left and ended up at...Oklahoma.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I will inform that random guy he was wrong about James Morris.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
James Morris never played 4a in Iowa.

Also I’ll just say what I always assumed it was based on the timeline and where he transferred to. If I’m wrong tell me to fuck off.

I thought it was Kittles sister. She was on the Iowa volleyball team at the time. She then transferred to Oklahoma right around the time Bruce became an assistant at Oklahoma. Wegher left and ended up at...Oklahoma.
absent a pic of said sister, I'm unable to opine on the validity of this vicious gossip..

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I don't get the Wegher boner everyone had. Robinson averaged more yards per carry as a walk on. Seemed like every single iowan west of I35 wanted to suck his dick though.
He did have one timeless play, and he did have a knack for those goal line leaps. But he was dumb as fuck and squandered his shot.
Robinson had better vision. Wegher had more speed but I remember him always trying to run everything outside. He might have improved and been better given more time on campus.

He was a 4* and part of a very hyped in state class that included 4* Keenan Davis and 3* Jordan Cotton. It ended up being a terrible class with Micah Hyde being the real bright spot.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Robinson had better vision. Wegher had more speed but I remember him always trying to run everything outside. He might have improved and been better given more time on campus.

He was a 4* and part of a very hyped in state class that included 4* Keenan Davis and 3* Jordan Cotton. It ended up being a terrible class with Micah Hyde being the real bright spot.
It was probably the worst class Kirk has signed. The result of the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

CamelTones

Reaction score
It was two classes back to back that were absolutely brutal; 08 and 09
The 3 biggest internet recruiting legends:

1) Richard Kittrell (The Big Human)
2) David Blackwell
3) That linebacker that DonnaDonut knew

thrawn

Reaction score

2) David Blackwell
he wasn’t in that class but Bonecrusher deserves mention as the rare 5-star

also future WWE champion Ettore Ewen

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
he wasn’t in that class but Bonecrusher deserves mention as the rare 5-star

also future WWE champion Ettore Ewen
I was excited about Ettore. Had potential if could have stayed healthy

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
jfc

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I have zero data to back this up, but I swear Wegher immediately had defenders in the backfield on like 95% of his called run plays.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Watching Hawkeye highlights set to Hot Water Music engenders all sorts of nostalgia for me.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
From the Gazette

Kirk Ferentz

Dolphin

One of those quotes is Kirk talking about the assortment of skill position talent.

The other 3 people are boobs.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score

2) David Blackwell
I remember the name, but I’m blanking on the hype surrounding Blackwell...

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
DJK was #1 for internet recruiting legend, although he actually was a good player.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I remember the name, but I’m blanking on the hype surrounding Blackwell...
He had a listed 40 time of like 4.5 or something like that at 210 pounds. People thought he was going to be a matchup nightmare and Iowa would play him at multiple positions (snort). His videos looked like DJKs recruiting videos.

Kittrell had a reported 40 time of 4.6 at 305 pounds.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I still remember the most wild recruiting day in I think February 2006 and out of the blue Iowa got a 4* DB and you were like, oh hell yes.

Then he came in and raped a bunch of women and nearly destroyed the program.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I still remember the most wild recruiting day in I think February 2006 and out of the blue Iowa got a 4* DB and you were like, oh hell yes.

Then he came in and raped a bunch of women and nearly destroyed the program.
What about when Dinero Moss committed to Iowa Western and everyone thought it was Iowa and people freaked out because Iowa just landed More Money?

I just went down a recruiting rabbit hole and looked at every class from 2002-last year. Holy shit Iowa has done a lot better job the last 4-5 years. They had some absolute garbage classes in that stretch. Some of them felt like they didn’t even try to recruit anyone.