**Official Northern Illinois vs. Iowa Game Thread - 2:30pm - BTN**

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
12:59 in the second, Iowa lines up with Fant as the fullback and NIU doesn’t like it and calls a timeout. I don’t recall seeing that formation the rest of the day. Wonder what they had planned there?
That formation is called the butt fuck

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Watching replay, those 3 plays where Jones just evacuates his position....good lord
Were those the plays where the DLine is slanting and the DE crashing hard and then there was absolutely nobody covering the outside?

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Watching replay, those 3 plays where Jones just evacuates his position....good lord
Were those the plays where the DLine is slanting and the DE crashing hard and then there was absolutely nobody covering the outside?
no, opposite

he evacuates the middle for motion to the outside and they hit two big runs and a pass (which got him benched) right where he was supposed to be

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
4th and 1 before half, Stanley runs into Ross before the handoff and Ross can’t get to his block

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Didn’t get to see the block below the waist by Reynolds live. Holy fuck that’s a bad call.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
They should not be handing off in 1 yd to gain situations. Stanley dragged 2 defenders turning a sack into a 2 yd gain

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Chuck’s assessment that the LT missed his block on Epenesa’s fumble is technically correct but doesn’t give the credit to AJ’s sick handwork on that play. He had that trick when he was making the camp rounds before his Sr year in HS. He made a couple 5* OL look silly with blistering handwork. Tackle reaches out and just grabs air.

Can’t block him if you can’t grab him.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
NIU turtled in the 4th. They didn’t change anything down 17 or 24. They better be ahead every game because their offense can’t play from behind.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Chuck’s assessment that the LT missed his block on Epenesa’s fumble is technically correct but doesn’t give the credit to AJ’s sick handwork on that play. He had that trick when he was making the camp rounds before his Sr year in HS. He made a couple 5* OL look silly with blistering handwork. Tackle reaches out and just grabs air.

:icon_neutral:

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

:icon_neutral:
eat it

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Very twatty by Rod Carey to call those timeouts at the end of the game. You can’t spend the whole 4th quarter playing from behind with short passes and Runs and then claim at the end of the game you were still trying to win

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
Very twatty by Rod Carey to call those timeouts at the end of the game. You can’t spend the whole 4th quarter playing from behind with short passes and Runs and then claim at the end of the game you were still trying to win
Yep. I was really hoping for a play action and hitting someone for a deep TD after they started that shit.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
That shit was sick.

Reaction score
Yep. I was really hoping for a play action and hitting someone for a deep TD after they started that shit.
After the second one Brian was pretty peeved about it. As he was going to talk to Mansell he looked back at KF and said something like “What do you wanna do?”. Kind of seemed like Brian wanted Kirk to give permission to stick it up NIU’s ass.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
I’m right here guys

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
After the second one Brian was pretty peeved about it. As he was going to talk to Mansell he looked back at KF and said something like “What do you wanna do?”. Kind of seemed like Brian wanted Kirk to give permission to stick it up NIU’s ass.
After one of them, Mansell walked over to Brian and made a throwing motion while smirking. He also was looking for permission to stick it up their ass. The kid has some moxie.

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
ftr I want to meet AZ, he's the closet Halo equivalent to a neighbor in my new home. Go Tigers or should I say go Bears or maybe Spartans from Solon. Still haven't decided my HS rooting interest.

Last edited:

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
ftr I want to meet AZ, he's the closet Halo equivalent to a neighbor in my new home. Go Tigers or should I say go Bears or maybe Spartans from Solon. Still haven't decided my HS routing interest.
Wat

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
ftr I want to meet AZ, he's the closet Halo equivalent to a neighbor in my new home. Go Tigers or should I say go Bears or maybe Spartans from Solon. Still haven't decided my HS routing interest.
Wat
Thinking more in terms of original heritage than current location I guess.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Listen to the first quarter on Northern Illinois radio. The announcer said that Fant was wide open on a deep pass but dropped it. Was it a poor throw or did he just drop it?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
It was a clear drop on a perfect throw. Fant doesn’t have great hands, luckily for him his athleticism makes up for it. But some of his bobbles and drops are frustrating.

Reaction score
Listen to the first quarter on Northern Illinois radio. The announcer said that Fant was wide open on a deep pass but dropped it. Was it a poor throw or did he just drop it?
Drop, like others said, but if I recall he wasn’t wide open. I think he had a defender on him. Still a bad drop.

Bob

Reaction score
Drop, like others said, but if I recall he wasn’t wide open. I think he had a defender on him. Still a bad drop.
There was one relatively close but he had a step on him. The defender didn't disrupt it at all, Stanley threw a perfect ball and he just dropped it. In the post game Fant admitted it was a drop and say he would have scored if he'd been able to bring it in cleanly