***Official Penn State at Iowa Game Thread***

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
How did herbie and co not see that on the replay, btw? It's not like announcers don't correct themselves all the time once replay comes up. That just seemed so obvious to me.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Ventured over to BWI. Don't know why. Consensus is that PSU got robbed on officiating. That the INT should have stood, Sandusky wasn't fucking kids, Joe didn't know, McSorely was obviously throwing on the AJ forced fumble and, wait for it, Barkley's knee wasn't down. Hate them all.

Bob

Reaction score
How did herbie and co not see that on the replay, btw? It's not like announcers don't correct themselves all the time once replay comes up. That just seemed so obvious to me.
They mentioned it looked like he could be down after they saw the replay and were surprised there wasn't a review iirc

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Bad miss by the refs but KF shoulda called a TO for them to review.

PSU snapped it as quickly as possible so it couldn’t be reviewed.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I happened to be in the concourse after the pick and the first view I saw was from behind the play and wondered how they fucked up call. Turns out it definitely looked like a pick from the other side and they didn't show that angle on review until very late in the review sequence. It clearly hit the ground.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

Part of the issue is there was a short, but clear hold on epenesa that had the crowd in that corner up in arms, so the oob issue got obscured by holding boos...

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

yep. Iowa has twenty something coaches and nobody in the booth saw it?

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
The first audible to a play action pass is going to be a TD...or at least it would've been Saturday night. As soon as he audibled the PSU D was flying to the short side of the field.
Just building a tendency for 20 years so we can use it in the 2019 national title game.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
I happened to be in the concourse after the pick and the first view I saw was from behind the play and wondered how they fucked up call. Turns out it definitely looked like a pick from the other side and they didn't show that angle on review until very late in the review sequence. It clearly hit the ground.

Correct

It was the very last angle they showed, but from that one, it was fairly obvious

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Can we talk about BF completely burning PSU by going against tendency on the last TD run? That was magical.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
at least one of those refs was from Des Moines. I think after the first PI on Vandy they felt they had made a bad call so they were hesitant to throw the flag when the guy held Hock.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Render talking about Wadley's last TD around the 2:10 mark (I guess Brian saw the pre-snap alignments and felt confident in the play).

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Render talking about Wadley's last TD around the 2:10 mark (I guess Brian saw the pre-snap alignments and felt confident in the play).

that dude had an army at the game Saturday night

big family, in more ways than one

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Just caught the replay of this on BTN

What a kick in the dick on that last play

There had to be a dozen plays where an Iowa defender was seemingly inches away from a stop that otherwise went for 8+ yards