**Official Penn State vs. Iowa Football Thread - 3:00pm - FOX**

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Even if the Penn State players weren’t “faking” injuries, they are, at a minimum, clearly taught to go down and force an injury timeout instead of coming off the field under their own volition when they get banged up a little. That’s not much better than outright faking injuries.

Reaction score
Someone post a transcript. I’m not listening to this rat fuck.
"First of all, I would ask anybody that's listening to take your Penn State hat off, or take your Iowa hat off. I'm just going to talk [about] what I believe and what I think from a strategy standpoint, from a common-sense perspective, from what's good for [college] football, in my opinion. So how does this strategy make sense against a huddle team? People use this strategy to slow people down: spread offenses, tempo offenses. [Iowa] huddled. So that strategy did not make sense in this situation.

"In our six years of playing them, six years straight, 4-2 [is] our record, has that ever shown up? Has anybody seen that? In my eight years as a head coach, has that shown up at Penn State? In my 12 years as a head coach, has that shown up? Has not shown up.

"Plus, our defense is playing lights out. Our defense played great. Our defense is playing lights out. We turn the ball over to start the game inside the 5-yard line, held them to a field goal. So again, go back and check it. And again, ... I've got tremendous respect for the University of Iowa, I’ve got tremendous respect for their fans. It was a hell of a game in a tough environment; not making excuses. I'm just stating how I see the facts. Take your fan hats off. I want the Penn State fans to take their hats off. Now let's talk about injuries.

"Before that, put yourself in the shoes of a parent. Your son is down on the field for an injury, and then the stadium is booing. We didn't just boo that, we booed balls falling off tees by the wind. I don't know who we were booing for that. We weren't gaining an advantage off that. But your son's down on the field with an injury — and I just told you [defensive tackle] PJ Mustipher is done for the year — and we're booing. Is that good for college football? Is that good for college football?

"Now again, from a strategy standpoint, would it be strategic for us to tell PJ Mustipher to go down and fake an injury? One of our best players, one of our starters, one of our captains? Does that make sense? If you're going to do it, you wouldn't do with your starter, your captain. Alright, let's talk about his backup, Dvon Ellies, who also got booed. So would it make sense for the backup defensive tackle, when we've already lost our starter, to send him out of the game for a play? I don't think so. [Defensive end Arnold Ebiketie], maybe our best defensive player, and his [injury] probably looked the worst. He went down. Maybe it's because he plays so hard, he was cramping. But am I going to tell [Ebiketie] to go down and not play a play on defense? Does that make any sense?

"[Safety Jaquan] Brisker? He went down twice against Wisconsin, they didn’t boo him. [Quarterback] Sean Clifford, do we want him to go down and not return to the game? Devyn Ford, our starting tailback in the game, went down and did not return in the game. Did we want that to happen? [Running back John] Lovett went down, did not return in the game. [Safety Jonathan] Sutherland, our captain, our captain, went down and did not return in the game.

"So it was a physical game. Was there a bunch of injuries? I get it, I get it. And how it may have looked, I get it. I'm telling you, we don't coach it, we don't teach it. And maybe it looked that way, because it was a bunch of injuries in the game. Again, there's a bunch of injuries in the game. But 70% of those guys never returned.

"So all I'm saying is, I don't think it's right for college football. If a player goes down, and it's my son, and the stadium is booing them? It's no different than a player going down to practice. One of the things I tell the coaches all the time is, a player goes down at practice, what did coaches used to say for 100 years? 'Get up, you're fine.' What if he's not? So I wasn't attacking the University of Iowa. I'm trying to protect college football. And I don't think that's the right thing for our game."

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Even if the Penn State players weren’t “faking” injuries, they are, at a minimum, clearly taught to go down and force an injury timeout instead of coming off the field under their own volition when they get banged up a little. That’s not much better than outright faking injuries.
You usually have no idea what you're talking about but this I think is pretty close to reality

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
To be honest, I think Ferentz was doing a little bit of distracting with his answer, too. We are talking about him right now more than his team and the #2 ranking they have earned. The players are shielded to an extent and his answer provided some cover by keeping this issue alive with more of a focus on him. I think he legitimately believed what he said, of course, but I also think he saw some value in saying it this week.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
They also conveniently forget they supported a head coach that turned a blind eye to pedophilia for 20 plus years. They should still be in recovery from the death penalty.
How quickly their dipshit fans forget that.

Reactions: BBK

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
To be honest, I think Ferentz was doing a little bit of distracting with his answer, too. We are talking about him right now more than his team and the #2 ranking they have earned. The players are shielded to an extent and his answer provided some cover by keeping this issue alive with more of a focus on him. I think he legitimately believed what he said, of course, but I also think he saw some value in saying it this week.
I think he really just hates coaches that pull shit like this.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed, this is what James Franklin does every single time he loses a game. He turns into a giant defensive weirdo.

This is the reason it will be his last year at Penn State. He isn't good enough to win there and he knows it, so he will be going to USC or somewhere else where he can have the pressure taken off.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Kind of similar to being Nebrantska or Notre Dame's coach, being Penn State's coach has to be pressure loaded with expectations from days of yore.

I assume they think they still should be owning the conference despite only 4 Big Ten Championships in 28 years.

In the 2000s they have losing records against Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, and Nebrantska. Very good program, but in the rankings somewhere between 8 to 17 is kind of where they stay.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I don’t think that hand belongs to that gentleman but he’ll probably still get cancelled

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I only hope long haired, backwards hat brah on the left is neither 1) isolating in a safe space, nor 2) standing tall at the behest of Mr. Trask.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
That's a great photo and would serve as an outstanding recruiting snapshot portraying a potential University of Iowa multicultural experience.

That is until some rugmuncher from Walcott decided to stick a finger up her ass.
Yeah that's kind of fucked up.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Life comes at you fast in situations like that. Verdict - unintentional

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
Back in the day, several people per game would be passed up to the top row. Once there the crowd would yell for them to be tossed over the wall. I’m guessing that more than a few fingers inadvertently found their way into orifices.