**Official Purdue vs. Iowa Football Thread - 11am - ESPN2**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Welch out.

I hope Campbell gets to play a little bit I know they were talking him up quite a bit this week in the press
I like both Doyle and Campbell. Doyle looked a bit cautious last week but settled in. Campbell is a freak though.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I hope Doyle never plays another defensive snap. Hips of a horseman

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I hope Campbell earns the job and doesn’t look back.

Bob

Reaction score
hope we score at least two touchdowns go hawks

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I’m not even going to wait until this game is over; what a dumbshit decision not to go for 2 when up 12. Unacceptable.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Probably one of the more frustrating wins in recent memory

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
What a bunch of fuckery on both sides

Kudos to Phil for shading help on Bell all 2nd half

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Strat said it perfectly on Twitter. It’s like Brian calls plays like he’s calling what he thinks should work, not what he thinks will work.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I want to partially apologize to @Bovert again, Stanley is the poster child for pants shitting mediocre.

Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz has his head all the way up his fucking ass.

The defense was good, but yet again the style they play mixed with an offense that can't finish drives is begging to lose.

Smith likely out for the next few weeks or the season.

Lol at continuing to think Young/Sergent is going to get you anything against Power 5 competition.

Iowa with a terrible end to the half yet again, then one of the most absurd ends to the 3rd quarter in the history of football and followed by not going for 2 idiocy at the end of the game.

Hey, do you guys think that maybe Iowa should double Bell at some point or is Phil Parker content to let Purdue fuck him up the ass for the 3rd year in a row?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
David Bell is going to be a huge recruitment miss. He would have been ahead of Tracy, and Martin would not have transferred here.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Strat said it perfectly on Twitter. It’s like Brian calls plays like he’s calling what he thinks should work, not what he thinks will work.
The basic design isn’t bad, but the situational stuff is just garbage.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I think even more perfectly is Brian calls plays like he's calling what he thinks should/will work and not what will actually work.

He absolutely doesn't seem to grasp what actually works with this team.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Does anyone have the throw chart? Iowa going down the field is incredibly successful. They are insane to not do it 15 times per game, but they seem content to do it maybe 3-4 times per game.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Does anyone have the throw chart? Iowa going down the field is incredibly successful. They are insane to not do it 15 times per game, but they seem content to do it maybe 3-4 times per game.
They'd rather get their best offensive player hurt on a play that never nets more than three yards.

douglasbader

Reaction score
We have a Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz problem.
There is no hope until that fat turd is gone.
He isn't leaving ever unless Kirk is fired, so that means he is never leaving.

The real hope is that he figures out that every single fucking team with an ounce of talent has figured out his zone blocking scheme. It simply doesn't work anymore. This game was yet another example of a team keying on the O-Line taking a step in one direction in unison and the defense reads it and explodes to the gaps. They get across the face of the linemen and the play has no chance because an unblocked safety is also flying up to the line.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Brian is like a deaf guy leading the band. No feel for it at all

douglasbader

Reaction score
They'd rather get their best offensive player hurt on a play that never nets more than three yards.
Don't even get me started on 3 out of 5 possessions throwing a WR screen on 3rd and short that had zero chance.

Fuck Brian.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I don’t know who to be more frustrated with. Stanley is a young person trying hard, but he’s insanely frustrating and literally misses WIDE open guys, kind of a lot. At least he did today as I was sitting in the north end zone. Brian is too fucking cute with things. Makes it harder than it needs to be.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
He's trying to run a "very" pro style offense without NFL players that are needed to run it. Our coaches can't adjust in game or game to game. Brian has zero identity as a play caller. The interior line is awful but being extremely predictable doesn't help them. Zone stretch! Quick throw to a receiver!

douglasbader

Reaction score
Mikey and others have pointed out, he calls plays that he totally saw working for the Patriots or some other program, but is oblivious to the fact that his actual team can't run the plays with any success.

Bob

Reaction score
Ban anyone who blames the execution, you cowardly mods

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
We have a Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz problem.
There is no hope until that fat turd is gone.
He isn't leaving ever unless Kirk is fired, so that means he is never leaving.

The real hope is that he figures out that every single fucking team with an ounce of talent has figured out his zone blocking scheme. It simply doesn't work anymore. This game was yet another example of a team keying on the O-Line taking a step in one direction in unison and the defense reads it and explodes to the gaps. They get across the face of the linemen and the play has no chance because an unblocked safety is also flying up to the line.
Fucking block downfield and then use the zone with Goodson occasionally. That's their identity however. They've always been coached that if you out execute on those plays, it should work well enough.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Mikey and others have pointed out, he calls plays that he totally saw working for the Patriots or some other program, but is oblivious to the fact that his actual team can't run the plays with any success.
That's exact right. That's the identity they're trying to establish with Johnny Soybeans. I'm sure it would work unbelievably well at Clemson.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Brian was infuriating even when they got the ball 1st and goal at the 1 yard line and tried everything possible to fuck it up.

You have Nate Stanley, an incredible fat fuck that has never gained less than 2 yards on a QB sneak, and a line that actually moves people on sneaks. You trying to give it to Goodson 5 yards in the backfield on a zone stretch play that is blown up, then the next play you run some weird fake to the FB that Stanley then has to try and run his slow ass to the end zone.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Iowa Football is going nowhere with Fat Brian.

They can hope the stars align once every 5-7 years.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I’m not even going to wait until this game is over; what a dumbshit decision not to go for 2 when up 12. Unacceptable.
I got four texts from buddies who don't even care about Iowa telling me the same. I received them about 10 seconds after I called them a bunch of dumb fuckers. It's like 8th grade coaching ability.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
He's trying to run a "very" pro style offense without NFL players that are needed to run it. Our coaches can't adjust in game or game to game. Brian has zero identity as a play caller. The interior line is awful but being extremely predictable doesn't help them. Zone stretch! Quick throw to a receiver!
I promised myself when Brian was hired that we would run the fucking football and throw downfield more. I lied to myself.

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Ya I guess. It's a best case scenario now.

Kirk was pretty good in the first half of his tenure, success was pretty consistent once he had some time to implement his plan. I think the program has gone down a level with GDGD and Fat Brian, and it's on a negative trend.

FrodoTBaggin

Reaction score
Ya I guess. It's a best case scenario now.

Kirk was pretty good in the first half of his tenure, success was pretty consistent once he had some time to implement his plan. I think the program has gone down a level with GDGD and Fat Brian, and it's on a negative trend.
I'm as frustrated as anyone but this is stupid as shit.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
That's exact right. That's the identity they're trying to establish with Johnny Soybeans. I'm sure it would work unbelievably well at Clemson.
“Then, we just need Nico Ragaini to juke three defenders and we’ll pick up the first down no problem.”

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Ken O'Keefe is pulling his pud on the sideline.

Give him the reigns back.

Ken gets the 1st QTR. Brian the 2nd.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I would feel better about this team if they actually tried to adjust given what pretty much everyone can see the last couple of games, but despite seeing some really obvious things on offense Brian simply tried to bang his head against the same wall with the same scheme as if they suddenly would run the same shitty plays with success that they have shown that they can't.

It is obvious that Goodson is a big time difference maker, it is obvious that zone blocking isn't working, it is obvious that Nate is better when he doesn't have to think as much and they have some tempo.

Nope, same shit today. Trying to grind Young/Sergent into a viable running game. Goodson doesn't see the field until way too far into the 2nd quarter. Nate and the offense still huddling every single play. Plays coming in late and forcing shitty timeouts. Poor clock management. Not going for 2 when obvious to do so. Nate missing throws and rocketing it off target to guys 5 yards away.

This is a team with a Senior QB and basically the longest cohesive staff in the entire country and they are still making inexcusable rookie mistakes that any Madden player would never make.