**Official Purdue vs. Iowa Football Thread - 11am - ESPN2**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say that Moss was pressed into action last year. He beat out other guys for that spot.

Bob

Reaction score
For the fourth corner spot on a team that usually plays base defense for like 80% of the snaps. If there had been fewer injuries he would have been playing pretty much entirely on special teams and might have redshirted.

Bob

Reaction score
DJ was also hurt basically the entire fall camp and fell way behind. I don't think he was really up to speed until like bowl prep.

Reaction score
what? OJ and Hankins got benched. Moss beat out DJ, Roberts, others.
OJ and Hankins were injured in the same game.
oh. I thought they just got benched for sucking.
I forget the details because KF was vague, but one had an ankle and an elbow and the other had a hammy, or something like that. It might have been in practice rather than in a game, not sure.

Either way, Phil did not just suddenly bench OJ and Hankins in favor of two true freshmen and then randomly swap back several games later. :roll:

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
I forget the details because KF was vague, but one had an ankle and an elbow and the other had a hammy, or something like that. It might have been in practice rather than in a game, not sure.

Either way, Phil did not just suddenly bench OJ and Hankins in favor of two true freshmen and then randomly swap back several games later. :roll:
Um, maybe you don't recognize who you are talking to.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

pretty sure Hankins just got benched for Moss again.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Um, maybe you don't recognize who you are talking to.
@billybadass

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
You guys are overthinking it. BF is being made to look like shit because we can't block anyone. You're also drooling over Brandon Smith & Ihmir, when the actual fact of the matter is, we are about 6th or 7th in the conference at the position. Better than we've been, yes...but gamebreakers that make opposing defenses shit themselves? No.

We need to get better up front, or we are going to be stuck trying to win games ugly. Hopefully Kallenberger starts improving rapidly, Alaric regains form, & Schott comes back after the bye week. Beyond what you're already seeing...quick passes, screens, fades, & running out of shotgun...there is no other recipe. The other recipe would include a QB like Shea Patterson or the PSU guy that can make things happen when the blocking implodes...but we have fat Nate & that part ain't changing.
So is that a possibility?

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
You guys are overthinking it. BF is being made to look like shit because we can't block anyone. You're also drooling over Brandon Smith & Ihmir, when the actual fact of the matter is, we are about 6th or 7th in the conference at the position. Better than we've been, yes...but gamebreakers that make opposing defenses shit themselves? No.

We need to get better up front, or we are going to be stuck trying to win games ugly. Hopefully Kallenberger starts improving rapidly, Alaric regains form, & Schott comes back after the bye week. Beyond what you're already seeing...quick passes, screens, fades, & running out of shotgun...there is no other recipe. The other recipe would include a QB like Shea Patterson or the PSU guy that can make things happen when the blocking implodes...but we have fat Nate & that part ain't changing.
So is that a possibility?
I honestly don't know. he had a broken foot that needed a large pin...so i don't see how.