**Official Purdue vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - ABC**

thrawn

Reaction score
Even at Kinnick, I’d much rather play this at 2:30 with a lively crowd than at 11 AM where its sleepy and you blink and it’s only 10-7 after a 65 real minute first half.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
6 games in a row now against the mighty Big Ten West.

This game worries me more than at Wisconsin, but hardly freaking out about it or anything.

I think we win a boring game that looks like it was in doubt but never really was.

Iowa 24
Purdue 16

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I love that Iowa is who they are and they don't change and it is a point of pride, but for the love of fuck if Phil Parker hasn't figured out to just blanket cover David Bell then I am going to piss my pants and shit down @Shawneemicks throat.
You know I’m right.
yet again

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
6 games in a row now against the mighty Big Ten West.

This game worries me more than at Wisconsin, but hardly freaking out about it or anything.

I think we win a boring game that looks like it was in doubt but never really was.

Iowa 24
Purdue 16
I think this is a game where Iowa can actually hopefully blow the doors off them. The Purdue offense has been terrible the last 3 games scoring 13 in each game, and that was against Illinois/Minnesota. Their defense is ok, but nothing great.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Anything on Moss yet?

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I am going to the LSU / Florida game next weekend. At the start of the season we were hoping for a night game and figured we'd catch the 11AM Iowa game at a bar. Now LSU blows and the game is at 11 while Iowa's playing at 2:30.

HAWK HAWK HAWK!

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Someone on 247 said they're pretty sure it's just a sprain.

Reaction score
Someone on 247 said they're pretty sure it's just a sprain.
Every ligament injury is a sprain. A torn ACL is a grade 3 sprain of the ACL.

Hopefully this is a lower grade MCL sprain, or something along those lines. That’s likely what KF was suggesting.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
I took a screenshot of the poll to save for posterity

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Lol at anyone thinking Alabama would drop further than they did.
Yep. Alabama will be up to #3 in the next couple of weeks. Pass up both Cincinnati and Oklahoma even if those teams don't lose.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yep. Alabama will be up to #3 in the next couple of weeks. Pass up both Cincinnati and Oklahoma even if those teams don't lose.
Come on dude, they absolutely will not. I get that we love to say that Alabama gets all the benefit, but the reality in this situation is there is zero chance they would jump Cincy or Oklahoma in the next couple weeks if those teams don't lose.

Alabama plays a dogshit schedule until Nov. 20th when they play Arkansas. Beating down a bad or mediocre Miss State / Tenn / LSU / NM State won't move them up.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Alabama is stuck at #5 unless teams ahead of them lose. In fact, the likelyhood that Alabama gets jumped and slides back is a lot higher because the Big Ten East will have multiple huge games.

Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and even Penn State all have a better chance to jump Alabama than Alabama has to jump anyone ahead of them.