** Official Rutgers vs. Iowa Game Thread -- 2:30 p.m. BTN **

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
Yeah, I was barely listening, but he said something about not thinking about it until the off-season???????

I probably heard it wrong, because that would be the worst clock management in history.
I cannot imagine him retiring when the record for most wins in the conference for a Big 10 coach is within his grasp. I think he could get it in another couple of years.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
I spent the day watching my kids go a combined 1-5 in basketball tournaments with an average loss of around 20 points. I am getting caught up via Twitter and the prevailing opinion seems to be, fucking Kirk, man.
Reading this made a good day better.

Brad Wesley

Reaction score
Just returned from a glorious day at Kinnick. Nice to witness a complete team win.

Not sure how he looks on TV, but Kaleb brown is significantly quicker than anyone else on the field. (Most of the dumbasses in my section kept yelling coop every time he made a play not realizing there are two #3s.

Bacon still awful, but making some strides

Renegade_ofFunk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What a fun game to watch in the second half. That was a pretty good defense they played against too. Ran right at them. For the most part we got the rare “good Brian” today. If this was the performance during the entirety of the season no one would have given a shit about the 25 points bullshit.

I think they’ve got a couple decent young receivers, serviceable RBs and the future at TE looks good to go. The line might even be OK.

We’ll see if they “regress to the mean” next week but I’m going to enjoy the rest of this season regardless of the outcome because this team has fucking guts despite the warts and injuries. but I can’t help but kinda look forward to the future as well.

Last edited:

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He can be thorny at times but Hiawatha really came in here and cleaned this thread up.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Nobody went to the tent all game. Looked like Kirk was just rotating guys

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Bacon is bad, and he still looked bad plenty of times yesterday, but there were a couple of times he almost dialed back his hulk strength approach to passing, and almost kind of vaguely if you squint and want to see it tried to put a tiny little bit of touch on a ball.

Almost.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
That was as much fun watching Iowa play as I’ve seen in a long time. Do any Twitter nerds have any interesting comments on the offensive output?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Was Leshon banged up I'm assuming? His running style fits way better than Patterson and certainly way better than Johnson with this line. Johnson just runs way too tall and can't shed any tackles.
I disagree with this as they crowned Leshon for a single run at Wisconsin and today was them realizing (again) that the other guys are far more talented.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
I disagree with this as they crowned Leshon for a single run at Wisconsin and today was them realizing (again) that the other guys are far more talented.
Hmmm. I don't know. Johnson will fall over in a stiff breeze.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
I thought Leshon got hit hard on a run in the second half; went off the field and never returned. Johnson runs tall and goes down easily as Frodo states and I am sure I’m probably forgetting, but I don’t recall the last time he made someone miss.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Leshon ran the ball the first play of the second half, and then Patterson came in and I don't remember leshon coming back on after that