**Official Stanford vs. Iowa Rose Bowl Game Thread - Jan. 1st - 4:10pm on ESPN**

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Had to laugh at the fans who showed up in jean shorts and tee shirts. Once the sun goes down in that canyon, it gets chilly pretty quickly.
They weren't jean shorts (or cargo shorts), but I wore shorts and a t-shirt and would do it again. Being a little chilly for one quarter is better than carrying around a sweatshirt/jacket for 6 hours IMO.

Reaction score
I wore sandals and shorts and was fine even after the sun set. Perfect weather. However it was cold for the early walk to the parade at 7am

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
@HawkLax6 we might have been sitting right next to each other it looks like. Sec. 24 Row 58

Reaction score
People have been asking me all day if I was disappointed for going. Absolutely not. Just looking at these pictures again tonight has brought a smile to my face. I randomly ran into a bunch of friends from the past that I hadn't seen in 10-20 years. Got to go around to about 5 different tailgates to see a ton of friends that all made the trip as well. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

douglasbader

Reaction score
People have been asking me all day if I was disappointed for going. Absolutely not. Just looking at these pictures again tonight has brought a smile to my face. I randomly ran into a bunch of friends from the past that I hadn't seen in 10-20 years. Got to go around to about 5 different tailgates to see a ton of friends that all made the trip as well. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Anyone that had the enjoyment of their trip affected in a negative way because of the result of the game is an asshole.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I haven't been on here all game. So I'm sure this has been discussed a lot.

But the Farmersonly.com spoof blatantly ripping on Iowans was low even for those bastards. And I'm glad they got booed off the field.

Stanford has now been added to the list of teams that I hate.
It's a marching band full of dorks.

Relax.
If Stanford really had the dick it now claims to have, it would have taken the entire band out and shot it for losing the Cal game that was Elway's last at Stanford and then barred everyone from ever reforming it.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Anyone that had the enjoyment of their trip affected in a negative way because of the result of the game is an asshole.
The game result aside, the Rose Bowl is absolutely everything it's cracked up to be. Those people are drunk on their own superlatives, and they still somehow undersell it.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Did you all at least note in chat that Stanford held all game and never got called for it?

Stanford held
All game and never got called for it.
That's called the West Coast Offense. Only reason BYU reeled off such great records under Edwards.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I know our D got scorched, but I was more disappointed with our offense. I had read multiple places where Stanford does not get many sacks or provide much pressure. Yet I have not seen our O-line get dominated like that in years.
I liked how we played better in the second half until I watched the replay and realized the whole 4th quarter was against mainly backups.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I missed most of our first scoring drive as I was getting beers.

Also funny how some beer vendors outside the stadium were trying to get people to buy saying it was a dry inside the stadium.

Reaction score
What kind of dumbasses brings a pocket knife onto a plane then into a stadium?
couple of years ago, I was going through airport security in Costa Rica when the couple ahead of me was stopped because they were trying to bring a huge knife in their carry-on. security mostly just spoke Spanish, and they didn't, so it took a long time to resolve.
They must not have been told about metal detectors and "little shit" like that. I bet they were pissed like @L. Wade Childress

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I have never been through a metal detector to enter a stadium. I checked ahead of time and there was no mention of it or other limitations on stupid shit.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
You brought a knife into a stadium; not to mention a high-profile sporting event which publicly announced it was having enhanced security screenings beforehand.

Reaction score
What kind of dumbasses brings a pocket knife onto a plane then into a stadium?
couple of years ago, I was going through airport security in Costa Rica when the couple ahead of me was stopped because they were trying to bring a huge knife in their carry-on. security mostly just spoke Spanish, and they didn't, so it took a long time to resolve.
My mom flew w/ my Grandma/Grandpa to Phoenix a few years back...my grandma had a butter knife (not plastic) in her purse for some reason...that didn't go over well.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
so did my friend. he just happened to go in a gate without a metal detector.

I have no problem with the policy, it just wouldn't have been difficult for them to say that they are applying TSA-level screens upon entry. you are acting like carrying a fucking Leatherman is unreasonable or something.

V

valp0

PROHIBITED ITEMS

There are no in-and-out privileges at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Once you exit the stadium, you may not re-enter.

The following items are not permitted into the stadium:

• Animals
  • Bags that violate the Bag Policy (See Bag Policy)
  • Balls, toys or sports equipment
  • Banners, signs, flags, poles or sticks
  • Beverage containers larger than 17 oz. (Factory sealed plastic bottles of water, 17 oz. or less, are allowed; limit 2 per person)
  • Boxes or wrapped packages
  • Cans, glass bottles or alcoholic beverages
  • Coolers
  • Drones
  • Glass, metal or hard plastic containers
  • Helium balloons
  • Laser pointers
  • Noisemakers including thunder sticks, musical instruments, whistles, air horns and boom boxes
  • Skates, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters or bicycles
  • Umbrellas
  • Unauthorized cameras with lenses longer than 3.5 inches, interchangeable or telephoto lenses
  • Unauthorized video cameras, monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
  • Unsliced fruits or vegetables
  • Weapons or projectiles