** Official Tennessee vs Iowa CITRUS BOWL THREAD --New Years Day-NOON-ABC **

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
One thing doug harps on where he is absolutely correct is that it is asinine for Iowa to not take more deep shots.

8–10 per game. keeps the back 7 honest and reduces box loading. Can frequently draw a PI . And god forbid the WR gets open or makes a great catch and you connect on one.

LOFL

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The OL isn't even all that bad. With some halfway decent schemes, you can get some quick passes out the receivers (Tennessee did quite a bit of this) and get some nice 6 and 7 yard gains. They can't seem to do this. Iowa's 7 yard routes take a year to develop. This makes the OL look much worse than it is because in order for our passing plays to develop the OL needs to block for about 10 seconds. Pretty much every OC in the country has figured out a way to make a short passing game work ... every one except Brian. That combined with no shots downfield makes it impossible to move the ball. I'm fully convinced 90% of this is scheme. It's not the specific play call or the talent or the recruiting. It's the shitty scheme because Brian is a former OL who can teach technique and shit but doesn't understand the bigger picture of how it all comes together. Fuck him.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
No the OL is most certainly awful
No it's not. It's not great by any means but if you watch college football, there's tons of OL that are about similar. And their coaches find ways to move the ball just fine. Because they aren't dumbfucks like our offensive coaches.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
No offense Saul, but you’re a fucking moron.

The Dad

Reaction score
Although we absolutely did them no favors through scheme. But Jones and DeJong are fucking turnstiles.

Jones deserves just as much blame for the regression of our QB sneak as fatfuck does.

Last edited:

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
Although we absolutely did them no favors through scheme. But Jones and DeJong are fucking turnstiles.

Jones deserves just as much blame from the regression of our QB sneak as fatfuck does.
You're acting as though Richman plays like a three-year starter. It's difficult to tell if Colby is equally shitty with the same amount of experience.

My god, they're all so fucking terrible.

The Dad

Reaction score
You're acting as though Richman plays like a three-year starter. It's difficult to tell if Colby is equally shitty with the same amount of experience.

My god, they're all so fucking terrible.

Reaction score

Jones deserves just as much blame from the regression of our QB sneak as fatfuck does.
So many free blitzers while someone on the OL blocks air.

Pinehawk

Regina Douche
Reaction score
The game is being replayed right now. Stopped briefly and Saw Lainez convert a late 4th and 15th by running.
Next play, the defense lines up to rush 3, and blitz a 4th who is picked up by no one.
No one. Sack. The OL cannot adjust to anything. They’re terrible.

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
The terribleness on the OL is both the players being shitty and getting shitty coaching. Its a real cluster

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
For having a guy who once was a great offensive line coach at HC, it’s pretty embarrassing how bad the line has gotten. The deserved fanfare surrounding Wirfs and Linderbaum kind of masked the overall decline of that unit that’s been going happening for a while. Concerning to say the least, certainly.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
But then again when the DC knows what you’re about to do, it’s got to be pretty hard to block.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
For having a guy who once was a great offensive line coach at HC, it’s pretty embarrassing how bad the line has gotten. The deserved fanfare surrounding Wirfs and Linderbaum kind of masked the overall decline of that unit that’s been going happening for a while. Concerning to say the least, certainly.
It's the scheme. I suspect once that is changed, it gets a lot better.

fossilhawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What limited improvement the OL showed lined up with reduced playing time for both Jones and DeJong.

Coincidentally, Jones is in the conversation for worst OL of the Ferentz era, and DeJong actually is the worst OL of the Ferentz era. (The only OL more consistently inept that I can recall was 2007 Kyle Calloway, who I can still see getting turnstiled by some 240-pound midget DL from Western Michigan in my nightmares, and he at least got better in '08 and '09. DeJong has been the consistent and obvious weakest link on that line since 2021, and I cannot think of a Hawkeye I've despised more.)

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What limited improvement the OL showed lined up with reduced playing time for both Jones and DeJong.

Coincidentally, Jones is in the conversation for worst OL of the Ferentz era, and DeJong actually is the worst OL of the Ferentz era. (The only OL more consistently inept that I can recall was 2007 Kyle Calloway, who I can still see getting turnstiled by some 240-pound midget DL from Western Michigan in my nightmares, and he at least got better in '08 and '09. DeJong has been the consistent and obvious weakest link on that line since 2021, and I cannot think of a Hawkeye I've despised more.)
Playing Logan Jones over Elsbury is the dumbest thing they did all year. And that's saying something because they did a lot of dumb shit this year.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Run game and pass pro was significantly better with Elsbury. At the very least we didn’t see him chasing the DL towards the QB/RB on every other play
I take PFF grades with a big grain of salt, but Jones surprisingly graded out well in run blocking; supposedly third best on the team. Where Elsbury was (supposedly) still good, but not as good….but was the 2nd best on the team in pass blocking.

I was awfully surprised reading that

Shawneemicks

Has said plenty of things dumber than this
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I could be third best outta that bunch.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I take PFF grades with a big grain of salt, but Jones surprisingly graded out well in run blocking; supposedly third best on the team. Where Elsbury was (supposedly) still good, but not as good….but was the 2nd best on the team in pass blocking.

I don't think it's that hard to believe. Dude is strong, maybe he'd be an okay guard.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score

He gets to the 2nd level well, but that's mainly because he normally misses the initial block and just heads right to the 2nd level. He's a faggot and I won't hear otherwise.

Spring Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
The game is being replayed right now. Stopped briefly and Saw Lainez convert a late 4th and 15th by running.
Next play, the defense lines up to rush 3, and blitz a 4th who is picked up by no one.
No one. Sack. The OL cannot adjust to anything. They’re terrible.
In San Antonio this weekend, meeting up with friends from college. We are staying at the same hotel as all the folks for the high school all American game. We were sitting in the restaurant Thursday and they put this game on. Was all kinds of painful listening to everyone in the room dunk on Iowa’s offense over and over again. Coaches, parents, players, didn’t matter, all walked by, paused at the TV, and made some joke about the offense.

Reaction score
If you didnt murder any of them you are not TRUE iowa fan.

But they are right.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
In San Antonio this weekend, meeting up with friends from college. We are staying at the same hotel as all the folks for the high school all American game. We were sitting in the restaurant Thursday and they put this game on. Was all kinds of painful listening to everyone in the room dunk on Iowa’s offense over and over again. Coaches, parents, players, didn’t matter, all walked by, paused at the TV, and made some joke about the offense.
Does making fun of the disabled make you all feel big and tough??

Spring Hawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
If you didnt murder any of them you are not TRUE iowa fan.

But they are right.
I considered it when my son was playing ping pong with the QB recruit for Purdue. Texted a Purdue friend that I didn't appreciate having to hang out with a guy I know was going to have at least 2 career days against Iowa in the next few years.

Reaction score
There’s a dad at my daughter’s school with the license plate “PRDUDE”.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
He’s a proud alum of university of Delaware?

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Parguy was taken, so he went with an abbreviated version of Pardude.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Ok I think that’s enough guesses.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score