**Official UNI vs. Iowa Game Thread - 6:30pm - BTN**

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
The scene from the halftime show last night looks incredible. You have a total class head coach whose favorite music artist happened to write an emotional song years ago that suddenly ties in perfectly with a meaningful new event for which, like it or not, iowa is getting a ton of positive press and brand recognition.

If you have a problem with any of this you might want to reevaluate things in life.
Are there posters that have a problem with the Wave?
I have no problem with the wave, but I'm growing tired of the media coverage.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I love these two way more than should be allowed:

Anywho, I was also concerned about whether they could pull off the halftime concert thingy. It worked and it was actually pretty great. Well done to all involved.
Fuck Wisconsin
@douglasbader

Only ISU fans...
Someone making a comment on a message board is not really close to an entire fan base showing up at a chicken wing place or sucking off a guy with tits.

How is your season going so far birdinahouse? You guys have any good wins to talk about yet?

Reaction score
Someone making a comment on a message board is not really close to an entire fan base showing up at a chicken wing place or sucking off a guy with tits.

How is your season going so far birdinahouse? You guys have any good wins to talk about yet?
Does he just want to have a beer with those guys?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score

How is that Kyle Kempt season going? You guys won a game yet? I mean, it is almost Week 4 and for a supposed program on the rise I figure you have a few wins already....

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score

How is that Kyle Kempt season going? You guys won a game yet? I mean, it is almost Week 4 and for a supposed program on the rise I figure you have a few wins already....
Should be halfway to bowl eligibility by now.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I have no idea what @turdinanouthouse is trying to say. This is me:

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
The scene from the halftime show last night looks incredible. You have a total class head coach whose favorite music artist happened to write an emotional song years ago that suddenly ties in perfectly with a meaningful new event for which, like it or not, iowa is getting a ton of positive press and brand recognition.

If you have a problem with any of this you might want to reevaluate things in life.
I’m sure most of us see the media coverage as overdone. But with so much negative publicity around college and pro football, the wave has become perhaps the biggest positive story in the past year. The more publicity it gets, the better it is for the kids and the better it is for Iowa football

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Everything can be started with "Granted it is UNI", but it was nice to see Easley back and playing full time again. He is not fast (unless you listen to Spencer Tillman two weeks ago), but he seems to know what to do and Stanley has comfort throwing it to him.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score

No- that's your pseudofamous local radio personalities that actually said that not an anonymous poster on a message board

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I love these two way more than should be allowed:

Anywho, I was also concerned about whether they could pull off the halftime concert thingy. It worked and it was actually pretty great. Well done to all involved.
Fuck Wisconsin
@douglasbader

Only ISU fans...

Well, they would have won their first game if it hadn't been cancelled.

They would have won their second game if they had the first game experience, or if Noland had started.

They would have defeated Oklahoma if they had won the first two games, just because.

They are 3-0, no matter what the record says.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Why?

PipeDaddy

Nanny State Leach Enabler
Reaction score
I’m sure most of us see the media coverage as overdone. But with so much negative publicity around college and pro football, the wave has become perhaps the biggest positive story in the past year. The more publicity it gets, the better it is for the kids and the better it is for Iowa football
For sure. The positive coverage regarding Kinnick's atmosphere can only be a plus for recruiting. Not saying it is a huge factor necessarily but didn't we have one recruit in football or basketball that specifically mentioned our Children's Hospital ties as a factor?

And of course the media coverage can only increase financial support.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
The recruits next week taking an official visit will likely not have another visit to any place as electric as Kinnick.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
The recruits next week taking an official visit will likely not have another visit to any place as electric as Kinnick.
I will not do my own research. Who is visiting next weekend?

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I will not do my own research. Who is visiting next weekend?
The ones we want. Unless they choose to go elsewhere. Then we didn't want them.

Reaction score
I have no idea what @turdinanouthouse is trying to say. This is me:

I think he's saying I want to fuck them? I dunno why I'd have any interest in married men, but okay. I find their bromance hilarious so I thought I'd share (since their tweets related to UNI). If that's not what he was insinuating, well....

Reaction score
IIRC there is a TE who is down to us and Wisconsin that will also be in attendance.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I'm concerned for the recruits hearing honestly. Hope they bring ear plugs.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
I don't want to get ahead of everything, but this week in college football makes it hard not to with the opportunity that seems to be coming into focus.

Nebrantska and Illinois are terrible. Purdue and Northwestern are mediocre at best. Minnesota is 3-0 but has played 3 awful teams at home and likely is mediocre at best.

That leaves Wisconsin, and after their game today it is pretty obvious they are way down on defense and the injuries and suspensions on offense combined with Hornibrook being pretty bad when pressured leaves them looking more like an 8-4 type team instead of a 10+ win team.

Iowa has the chance to grab hold of the Big Ten West going into a bye week if they can beat Wisconsin. There will be some tough road games like Penn State and maybe even Indiana, but if they get their shit together they can end up a 10+ win team and playing Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship game.
Absolutely. A win next week and Iowa is nearly a lock for Indianapolis barring some sort of injury or fluke scenario. They’d basically have a two game lead of Wisconsin and the schedule favors Iowa as both teams play Penn State and Wisconsin adds Michigan.
Yes, at 1-0 in the Giant Douche we're pretty much in Indy. I see no flaws or pitfalls in that

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
IIRC there is a TE who is down to us and Wisconsin that will also be in attendance.
I think Miamen’s official to Iowa was last weekend, and his official visit to Wisconsin was this weekend (lol)

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Why didn’t humpal get all the publicity that Shequem Griffin is getting?

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Could you hear the cheers from Kinnick from your couch?
Seriously how the fuck do you not make it to any games or tailgates when the stadium is a couple miles from your town house?
You don't purchase tickets, it's not complicated.
If you lived a couple miles from the stadium, would you go hang out with friends and drink beer and eat grilled meat on a glorious fall day in one of the best tailgating towns on earth, or would you sit on your couch alone and watch the game on tv while chatting with people you've never met on your computer?
Why do you care?