**Official Wisconsin vs. Iowa Football - 2:30pm - FS1** MERTZ IS A SACK OF SHIT REVENGE GAME

gable_guy

Reaction score
Wisconsin might have the most disappointing message boards in the conference

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Thought they had their own version of HaLo.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I got so fucking wind burnt at that game. These boys are gonna end up in Indy somehow and I’m all about it. Bowl eligible again. It’s easy to take for granted and especially with how frustrating this season (including this game) has been at times, but we’re pretty lucky to cheer for a squad that goes bowling year in and year out.

HAWK HAWK HAWK!!!

gable_guy

Reaction score
Maybe I’ve gotten old. Maybe it’s because it was the first cold day of the year. But I kept looking at the temp thinking it’s a lot colder than that.

HzzzHawk

The Bull
Reaction score
It's borderline tragic that Kirk/Brian/Spencer couldn't have figured out all of this from the start of the year. The offense would still suck, but Iowa would be 8-2 and rolling into another West Division championship and 10+ wins.

With that said, whatever. They are playing lights out on defense, the offense is finally doing just enough and they are winning games.

Brian still absolutely has to go and major changes need to happen on the offensive side, but I'll take Iowa wins over Iowa losses.
thanks for showing up in chat

Rolo Tomassi

Listless Vessel
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I do believe we just won the Western Division of the B10.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Imagine being a Wisconsin fan and you lost to Spencer Petras 2 out of the last 3 years.
There are going to be 3 different fan bases in the Big Ten West that will be so much happier next year. Iowa / Minnesota / Wisconsin finally get rid of their shitty fucking QB's.

Maybe.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Was not able to watch the game live today. Just catching up. Phil Parker is a God.
I thought you’d like to know that early in the game I identified that Mertz is a weak armed bitch and made the BOLD prediction that the defense would score off him. Then it happened. My family had a nice little dance party about it.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Every time I watch an Iowa D dismantle an opponent like that….I wonder what a Phil Parker D would look like if you gave him 5-6 recruiting classes like Bama or Georgia
I've said it at least a dozen times this year (and other years), but I cannot believe that a place like Texas or Oklahoma or USC or pretty much any school that is a good defense away from competing for National Championships hasn't thrown like $4m - $5m per year at Phil Parker.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Imagine being a Wisconsin fan and you lost to Spencer Petras 2 out of the last 3 years.
Of the 15 Iowa QBs of the KF era, four have a winning record against Wisconsin in their careers. Only two of those guys played more than one game against them.

Those two QBs are Ricky Stanzi, and Spencer Fucking Petras.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Mertz quit in the second quarter. That entire offense didn't want to be there

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
It really is remarkable that they can coach around that. For all the hate I give Kirk about the offense, and he deserves every bit of it. He should get praised for the defense and special teams. That they can coach around that ineptitude is incredible. It’s not like they think the offense is good, they know too. But they still get wins. It’s amazing, seems impossible.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It really is remarkable that they can coach around that. For all the hate I give Kirk about the offense, and he deserves every bit of it. He should get praised for the defense and special teams. That they can coach around that ineptitude is incredible. It’s not like they think the offense is good, they know too. But they still get wins. It’s amazing, seems impossible.
it’s almost like you have limited hours and talent to work with when it comes to college teams, and you have to make a choice.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
It is 100% true. Fran does the same thing. You find an edge you can sustain and focus on it.

gable_guy

Reaction score
saw Brants after the game. No gray hair and his beard looked magnificent. Fight up high in the 2nd quarter is section 341, Iowa fan popped Wisky fan.

Left at half and watched 2nd taverned up. Livin the dream.
The responding officers were big lads. Must have been on peacekeeping duty for a reason

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
Idk how much credit the coaches can take for that blocked punt and muffed punt.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Spencer Petras had -41 rushing yards
I thought Petras played fine given the line in front of him. The only truly shitty play by him was the 1 yard pass on 3rd and 5 but you could see he had happy feet on the play given the abuse he had taken to that point. He made the best throw of the night up the seam to LaPorta who decided not to catch it.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Able to withstand one of the biggest coverage busts of Phil Parker’s tenure and come out with a win. Was a cold motherfucker, but worth it. Cooper DeJean. It’s been said thousands of times, but man he’s so damn good.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I thought Petras played fine given the line in front of him. The only truly shitty play by him was the 1 yard pass on 3rd and 5 but you could see he had happy feet on the play given the abuse he had taken to that point. He made the best throw of the night up the seam to LaPorta who decided not to catch it.
Agreed. And as much as that drop sucked, it actually made me realize LaPorta has been a lot better with catches this year. I’ll give him credit for being a pretty damn good TE this year and better than I thought he would be based on his last couple years.

ddevries

Loved and Defended Kirk's Son Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Never take beating the Badgers for granted! This is what I will miss about divisions going away in 2024 - we have a ton on the line still with 2 games left despite having 3 conference losses.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
The thing is, you couldn’t design a worse QB to play behind this line than we have in Spencer. Unathletic, low awareness, zero escapability, and lacks poise.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Our line was hardly getting hands on people half the time. It just doesn’t make sense. They of course lack talent and experience, but they also seem to lack a lot of basic fundamental technique. Sad to see.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Usually >0 and <2 Petras sprint outs to the left is enough to satisfy my sick craving to see him fail at it, but today Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz really tested me in this regard.