**Official Wisconsin vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - FS1 or BTN**

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
With his 8th TD pass of the season (as well as his 9th), Spencer Petras is officially over the James Vandenberg/Greg Davis 2012 line.

ISM's 140 receiving yards are the most by a Hawkeye since Marvin McNutt had 151 at Purdue on 11/19/2011.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
He's earned the right of first refusal when Kirk retires.
Seems pretty obvious he has zero interest in a head coaching job. He’s coached for over 30 years in two places and has been widely recognized as one of the best coordinators in the game. I hope he’s here forever.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Iowa has now held its last 22 opponents to 24 or fewer points, longest active streak in the FBS.

It is also the longest such streak by a Big Ten team since Michigan had a 28-game streak between 11/10/1984 to 1/1/1987.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
He's coached well enough to earn Brian a raise.
Just because Campbell is good doesn't mean that benson isn't.

Just because Kirk is Brian's father doesn't mean Brian isn't a good coordinator. He's led us to 37 points a game over the last 6 games with spotty, at best, qb play.

Give it a rest already.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Isn’t the crossover game going to be in Kinnick?
Possibly. That was the rumor as of yesterday that it will be Michigan vs. Iowa in Kinnick.

Right now nobody knows for sure until they announce it in the morning.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Crossover game? Sorry dont follow sports that much rn
Next week everyone available will play a game to go along with the Big Ten Championship game. It was supposed to be a West vs. East team, but they might mix that up.

Either way, should be an Iowa football game next Friday or Saturday.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m not confident either opponent will be available next week. Wonder if that’s why they’re waiting to announce to try and figure out what teams will be available.

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
Petras has thrown the ball pretty well since the 2nd half vs Illinois. And I like the fact he doesnt audible into the stretch play 41 times a game. He also has been throwing it away instead of taking multiple sacks. I think he's gonna be ok.

not having 3 warm up game and playing against the best defense Iowa faced all year in week 2 retarded his growth.
On his best day, he's an average QB.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I assume the expectation is for Purdue vs Indiana and Minnesota vs Wisconsin. Right?

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
First 1.5 quarters I figured we would not score any TDS. Petras made a few great throws .

gable_guy

Reaction score
According to my research, prior to Goodson run you’d have to go back to Big Ten Title game to find an 80+ yard offensive TD.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
One of my favorite games to attend was the 2004 beat-down of Wisconsin in Kinnick to win the Big Ten trophy. A very mild November day, 3:30 start for some reason. Crowd into it from the beginning, not sure if I sat down the whole game. Just a fun memory.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Lost to Purdue in a game you had no business losing mostly off a fluke fumble when you’re driving in to ice the game.

Let Northwestern drag you into a coin flip game where you could have put them away in the first half.

look pretty damn good for the next 6 games with poor quarterback play for the most part. The Iowa coaching staff kicked ass all season to keep the teams head in it and to pull off these results. This has been a great season.

gable_guy

Reaction score
Lost to Purdue in a game you had no business losing mostly off a fluke fumble when you’re driving in to ice the game.

Let Northwestern drag you into a coin flip game where you could have put them away in the first half.

look pretty damn good for the next 6 games with poor quarterback play for the most part. The Iowa coaching staff kicked ass all season to keep the teams head in it and to pull off these results. This has been a great season.
Not to mention all of the off-season stuff

Reaction score
i enjoy the cornball brando line, which i missed live

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Iowa has a very real chance of having the most wins all season. Currently, Indiana, Northwestern, and Iowa all have 6 wins. Northwestern will lose next week, and Indiana may play Iowa or not play at all. Iowa will either play Indiana or an opponent they are favored over.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Iowa has a very real chance of having the most wins all season. Currently, Indiana, Northwestern, and Iowa all have 8 wins. Northwestern will lose next week, and Indiana may play Iowa or not play at all. Iowa will either play Indiana or an opponent they are favored over.
8?

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Calling it poor qb play is being kind. He was fucking atrocious for 80% of the season

Reactions: BBK

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Iowa's most PPG in a season sine 2002. Best rushing yards per rush since 2008.

Not saying it is perfect, but they figured some things out this year.
Without the benefit of having a few cupcakes at the beginning of the season to pad their stats with either.