**Official Wisconsin vs. Iowa Football Thread - 2:30pm - FS1 or BTN**

BluesHawk

Goes to Applebee’s for special occasions
Reaction score
I dunno. Kirk still seems to have a lot of energy, and he likes to win. What else would he do?

iowa4ever20

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This is the one. Thinking about hitting the local tavern to gloat. Pretty stoned though, not sure.
I love living in Milwaukee and Iowa isn’t viewed as a rival by most around these parts of the state but it feels great to finally win one. Of course their fans have acted like the season doesn’t count at all since NW game. Whatever. Go Hawks!

Attachments

Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious he has zero interest in a head coaching job. He’s coached for over 30 years in two places and has been widely recognized as one of the best coordinators in the game. I hope he’s here forever.
Likely. Also possibly a difference in taking a head job at a MAC school vs. moving up here where he's been 20+ years. Either way, that's why I said he's earned the right of first refusal. If Kirk retires after a year like this, you go to him first. He is Iowa football as we know it and love it.

Reaction score
First 1.5 quarters I figured we would not score any TDS. Petras made a few great throws .
He's just so hot and cold which I guess is an improvement over being just cold or lukewarm the first half of the year. 1st quarter last week and 1st half today he looks awful. 2nd half last week and basically two drives in the 2nd half today, he looks really good and you see the talent. At least we're getting glimpses now.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Ok, now that we are here and how they are playing, Iowa is likely moving up in the rankings right behind Northwestern. That makes it sort of infuriating that Indiana either isn't going to play or will play Purdue.

Iowa is on the verge of a NY6 Bowl and a win against Indiana would absolutely seal it. Instead they might get stuck in the Citrus.

Reaction score
One of my favorite games to attend was the 2004 beat-down of Wisconsin in Kinnick to win the Big Ten trophy. A very mild November day, 3:30 start for some reason. Crowd into it from the beginning, not sure if I sat down the whole game. Just a fun memory.
I think most people at that game would agree. That place was electric and happy. Tate and the defense made a ton of big plays. Will never forget how the buzz started to grow in tailgates with the OSU/Michigan score and then the energy of the walk into the stadium, senior day stuff, etc. Then the postgame trophy presentation on the field. Just an incredible day.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Watch them put Iowa/Iowa state bowl matchup

flordia needs to win this fucking game

thrawn

Reaction score
He's just so hot and cold which I guess is an improvement over being just cold or lukewarm the first half of the year. 1st quarter last week and 1st half today he looks awful. 2nd half last week and basically two drives in the 2nd half today, he looks really good and you see the talent. At least we're getting glimpses now.
The first 6.5 games, I’m not sure he had five throws that were above replacement level FBS QB. The last three halves, he’s had at least that many. The first TD today was a great pass on any curve.

Reaction score
Ok, now that we are here and how they are playing, Iowa is likely moving up in the rankings right behind Northwestern. That makes it sort of infuriating that Indiana either isn't going to play or will play Purdue.

Iowa is on the verge of a NY6 Bowl and a win against Indiana would absolutely seal it. Instead they might get stuck in the Citrus.
Doesn't the Citrus Bowl feel about right for this year though? 2nd/3rd place bowl for the 2nd/3rd best team. Still high profile and hopefully against a good team with a lot of exposure and tradition. We don't have any great wins, the Big Ten wasn't great this year. Our defense can keep us in a game vs. almost anyone but our offense could also be exposed again.

Reaction score

Compared to another tax slayer bowl, i'll take it

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Doesn't the Citrus Bowl feel about right for this year though? 2nd/3rd place bowl for the 2nd/3rd best team. Still high profile and hopefully against a good team with a lot of exposure and tradition. We don't have any great wins, the Big Ten wasn't great this year. Our defense can keep us in a game vs. almost anyone but our offense could also be exposed again.
I agree, but the NY6 bowl is a giant thing and gives a lot of exposure.

maintain242001

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
One of my favorite games to attend was the 2004 beat-down of Wisconsin in Kinnick to win the Big Ten trophy. A very mild November day, 3:30 start for some reason. Crowd into it from the beginning, not sure if I sat down the whole game. Just a fun memory.
Yep went to the minny game the week before and when we got to the hotel and saw MSU was beating Wisconsin we all know Kinnick would be awesome the next week since it was a possibility the title was in play

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Who would the opponent be?

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
The first 6.5 games, I’m not sure he had five throws that were above replacement level FBS QB. The last three halves, he’s had at least that many. The first TD today was a great pass on any curve.
Petras in the second half of the last two games (holy cherry picking, batman): 66.7% completion pct, 11.2 yards per attempt, 4 TD, 0 INT, 234.3 passer rating.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
You wouldn't want to beat them and ruin their magical season? I don't think we'd get any huge bump off a win over a blah Auburn team in the Citrus.
I’d rather play a team we’re not forced to play already every fucking year. And I don’t necessarily even care who it is. They can ruin their magical season on their own.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Check out 44 on this one.

LB play has been great since Niemann and Campbell came back healthy. Niemann has been great but with those two and jestin jacobs Iowa shouldn't have much for growing pains without niemann next year.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
In a 24 hour period, the Hawkeyes kicked the shit out of the two college teams i hate most. Pretty good.
Because my laptop is all fucked up it took me about 18 tries to like this post, but I made it...all the way to 18.

Fuck yeah!

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Campbell just on the radio as player of the game with dolph. Pure meathead that is born and bred for football. I am a big fan.

Petras sounds like he would rather talk about comic books.
I’m not sure what else Campbell needs to do to prove he needs to be playing as close to full-time as possible. That’s not even a shot at Benson, who actually had a couple big plays today. But Campbell is a legitimate difference maker out there.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I’m not sure what else Campbell needs to do to prove he needs to be playing as close to full-time as possible. That’s not even a shot at Benson, who actually had a couple big plays today. But Campbell is a legitimate difference maker out there.
Apparently Phil Parker disagrees, and yes, he is beyond reproach at this point.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
It could be that his conditioning is shit after the time missed early in the season?