**Ohio State vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/20/20 - 6pm - ESPN**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I know it is a small thing, but that last 1:40 of the game fucking pissed me off and fucked some of the metrics.

Iowa was up 79-64 and the offensive numbers were obviously great, the defensive numbers were great and were going to get the 10+ point NET win credit. Ohio State suddenly catches fire and hits like 4 threes while Iowa also is retarded and fouling them for no reason.

9 point win and they only move to #22 in KenPom with the offense improving to #4 but the defense falls to #95. They should have moved up a few spots on defense if the game plays out normally.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Yeah the last 2 minutes was bad and that foul by Kriener was just dumb.

Also, wtf happened on the missed double dribble? It didn’t end up hurting Iowa and actually seemed to get them focused as they went on a run but that was really odd.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I also am LOL'ing at how Pemsl immediately went to shit when he started doing the "I'm back!!" thing.

Reactions: BBK

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Obviously Wieskamp will be back and be even better, but how loaded are we going to be next year, with or without Garza.

Obviously, I'm hoping the best player we've had in my lifetime stays, but we're in a great spot without him too.

But man I hope he's back. We will be a fuckin force.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Helluva an effort overall. We’re gonna need that type of play from Pemsl and Kreiner on Tuesday. Which will clearly be an uphill battle but that trip doesn’t feel nearly as hopeless as it does most years.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Obviously Wieskamp will be back and be even better, but how loaded are we going to be next year, with or without Garza.

Obviously, I'm hoping the best player we've had in my lifetime stays, but we're in a great spot without him too.

Garza not being back would change things quite a bit IMO. Still a good team, but not nearly the same without him.

He’s a huge threat on the inside obviously, and being able to kick out to Wieskamp OR Fredrick OR bohannon is flat out space whack worthy. Losing that massive inside threat would hurt - no getting around that.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Garza's FTs have fallen off a bit this season after hitting 80% last year. Really the only part of his game that didn't make a huge jump this year.

Hopefully Frank tells him he needs an extra season to really work on his FTs for euroball.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

There will be a (potential) volume scorer at every spot on the floor next year.

PG - JoeT
SG - JBo
WG - CJF
WG - JoeW
C - Garzilla

Then there will be some quality backup on the bench and roster.

Good luck keeping that main 5 under 90pts per game next year. (unless they have a bad luck shooting game)

Last edited:

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Makes me happy knowing a couple Iowa kids have to be second guessing the hell out of the biggest decisions of their lives after seeing what Iowa has done this year and could have coming back. Maybe one of them will find their way to Iowa City at some point

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Makes me happy knowing a couple Iowa kids have to be second guessing the hell out of the biggest decisions of their lives after seeing what Iowa has done this year and could have coming back. Maybe one of them will find their way to Iowa City at some point
to do what, watch a game?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Shit, we've played wayyyy worse bench players on the interior in my lifetime than Pemsl. Or Kriener (who deserves more credit) for that matter.

We should do a list since 1990 of the stiffs we've played at PF/C.

CamelTones

Reaction score
There will be a (potential) volume scorer at every spot on the floor next year.

PG - JoeT
SG - JBo
WG - CJF
WG - JoeW
C - Garzilla

Then there will e some quality backup on the bench and roster.

Good luck keeping that main 5 under 90pts per game next year. (unless they have a bad luck shooting game)
Connor will start over Joe T.

Sometimes you worry about too many cooks in the kitchen but that whole lineup compliments each other so well. None of them really need the ball to be effective.

Like Marbles senior year. Basabe didn’t really pass the ball once it was thrown to him. Marble needed the ball in his hand. White was playing out of position. And Gesell should have been the pg but he was relegated to basically a 2 guard because Marble needed the ball.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Shit, we've played wayyyy worse bench players on the interior in my lifetime than Pemsl. Or Kriener (who deserves more credit) for that matter.

JR angle

CamelTones

Reaction score

Antonio Ramos.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score

Kriener did what I have been hoping for tonight. Contribute and foul out. He’s gonna take way too many available fouls with him into retirement.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Garza not being back would change things quite a bit IMO. Still a good team, but not nearly the same without him.

He’s a huge threat on the inside obviously, and being able to kick out to Wieskamp OR Fredrick OR bohannon is flat out space whack worthy. Losing that massive inside threat would hurt - no getting around that.
Yeah there are alot of good role players on this team but you would lose the piece that makes them so effective. Just look at Weiskamp when he loses a 3rd scoring option in Fredrick he starts to struggle. Now imagine losing the best player in college basketball. I think it's a bubble team without Garza.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Kreiner made what felt like his first three of the season. I think he had hit the backboard first on his last 20 attempts. Ugly ugly misses.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score

Webb
Helmers
Tubbs

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Met up with a former college roommate before the game for drinks that used to endure season tickets in the The Criminal era with me. Needless to say I’m glad he, the Hawkeyes and myself are a lot less broke than we were in those days. What a great win and what a season. 10 wins in this Big Ten. Fuck yes!

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Met up with a former college roommate before the game for drinks that used to endure season tickets in the The Criminal era with me. Needless to say I’m glad he, the Hawkeyes and myself are a lot less broke than we were in those days. What a great win and what a season. 10 wins in this Big Ten. Fuck yes!
Mitch Cumstein?

Reaction score

Trying.,.. not.. to . go there.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

Alvin Robinson
Seth Gorney

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
6'7" black Iowa PFs (your order)

Tate
Cole
Pemsl

Keep in mind of course that the former were on horrendous teams.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Pemsl busting out moves tonight we haven’t seen in three years!! What a great win!