**Ohio State vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/20/20 - 6pm - ESPN**

Reaction score
I know it is a small thing, but that last 1:40 of the game fucking pissed me off and fucked some of the metrics.

Iowa was up 79-64 and the offensive numbers were obviously great, the defensive numbers were great and were going to get the 10+ point NET win credit. Ohio State suddenly catches fire and hits like 4 threes while Iowa also is retarded and fouling them for no reason.

9 point win and they only move to #22 in KenPom with the offense improving to #4 but the defense falls to #95. They should have moved up a few spots on defense if the game plays out normally.
Not sure where exactly it fell but they hit a tough 3 or two. Then Pemsl went completely brain dead and gave up two wide open 3's. The first one where he helped middle on the drive, the second where he collapsed in the paint for absolutely zero reason on the inbounds and left the corner 3 wide open.

Fran lost it on him both times and finally got him out after the second. When he missed a FT, I was saying it would make sense to get Joe T. in him for him for FT's and since they were just going to spread us out and shoot. Both times, Pemsl came to the bench with some bullshit excuse and hands up. With that said, Pemsl was huge tonight and we still won by 9 instead of what should have been 12-14 so whatever.

Reaction score
Joe W. stood around a little too much tonight but holy shit he could not get a call. He was getting held as a cutter and coming off screens like he has been but he also was getting hammered on earlier drives before he was finishing late. Felt to me like Luka should have gotten 3-4 more calls also.

During the postgame, Bobby told Fran it was physical tonight but would be ramped up even more on Tuesday. Fran said it will be "guerilla warfare" but we have to be ready to play through it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Joe W. stood around a little too much tonight but holy shit he could not get a call. He was getting held as a cutter and coming off screens like he has been but he also was getting hammered on earlier drives before he was finishing late. Felt to me like Luka should have gotten 3-4 more calls also.

During the postgame, Bobby told Fran it was physical tonight but would be ramped up even more on Tuesday. Fran said it will be "guerilla warfare" but we have to be ready to play through it.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Was drinking at the vine after the game and got a chant started directed at Frank Garza “ONE MORE YEAR!” He loved it
Was he boozing?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I gave up on two games this year I thought for sure were over. Illinois and Minnesota.

These players are tough this year. Way better than they should be right now, but that is what you are when you work harder than everyone.

Garza is a fucking nightmare for everyone. Big men by nature don't really like to run, even skinny athletic guys. Even though he is slower than almost every big guy in the country, he has worked him into the sort of shape where you can run all day and actually get stronger the more you go in a 40 minute game.

It is fun to watch. Garza is still burying guys with 2 minutes left in the game. Everyone playing him looks tired and annoyed.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I gave up on two games this year I thought for sure were over. Illinois and Minnesota.

These players are tough this year. Way better than they should be right now, but that is what you are when you work harder than everyone.

Garza is a fucking nightmare for everyone. Big men by nature don't really like to run, even skinny athletic guys. Even though he is slower than almost every big guy in the country, he has worked him into the sort of shape where you can run all day and actually get stronger the more you go in a 40 minute game.

It is fun to watch. Garza is still burying guys with 2 minutes left in the game. Everyone playing him looks tired and annoyed.
He is slow, but runs down the court every possession like he's the T-1000. And does it every time.

It's admirable hustle for all us shitty white boys who did it for years without talent.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Man, I'd party with Frank Garza.

We'd have a lot to talk about.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Exactly my point.
so your point is that guy rucker was a really talented kid who, despite a spotty college career and some off-court troubles, made it to the sport's highest level, something that more than a few all-conference (and better) players never managed to do?

no, he didn't last long. but he was part of the less than 2 percent of all D1 scholarship players who made it there, and that's saying something.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
so your point is that guy rucker was a really talented kid who, despite a spotty college career and some off-court troubles, made it to the sport's highest level, something that more than a few all-conference (and better) players never managed to do?

no, he didn't last long. but he was part of the less than 2 percent of all D1 scholarship players who made it there, and that's saying something.
you’re really really warm now.

Brennan Cougill was a more productive college player.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I have no idea how NET rankings work. Iowa beats a team 10 spots ahead of them, fairly easily, and their ranking stays the same?

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Just another quad 1 win with now the 8th toughest schedule in the country.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
JoeT was limping at the end of the game, hopefully it was nothing serious. He was very disruptive on defense and caused a number of turnovers doubling down on the post. unlike other teams we've played, once osu guys got it downlow it wasn't coming back out

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I know people are excited about getting JBo back next year, but the trade off will be having less JoeT out there who is making a huge difference on our perimeter defense

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
JBo won’t be great defensively but he will be better than he was last year. He also won’t have to play 36 mins a game.

Reaction score
I have no idea how NET rankings work. Iowa beats a team 10 spots ahead of them, fairly easily, and their ranking stays the same?
Where are you seeing this? I just went out to check NCAA team sheets and the latest I am finding is the 2/19 version-before the OSU game is accounted for. They’re 27th in 2/19 version.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
I think Joe W is injured. He has looked a step slow on defense and tentative on offense.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I would like to submit John Carter for inclusion on the Mt. Rushmore of Iowa big man stiffs.
Alvin Robinson

Just imagine a triple towers front line of Archie, Carter, and Robinson

With Cully Payne and Devan Bawinkle in the backcourt

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
That first ten minutes last night had to be the best we have played all season. Pushed them around from the opening tip on. This season may be Fran’s opus.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
On the postgame show Fran said “we have 10 quad 1 wins, whatever that means, which I guess is good”.