Oliver Martin is eligible!

Reaction score
@IceManX722 clearly doesn't think very much of us if he doesn't think the Martin news has been posted a whopping 32 minutes after it broke.

Like we're actually doing work or something?

Reaction score
I'd love to know what young Ollie is thinking these days. What is his father saying in the confines of the Martin home?

Reaction score
I'd love to know what young Ollie is thinking these days. What is his father saying in the confines of the Martin home?
Two deep at Michigan to no snaps at Iowa.

Maybe Brian's scheme is too difficult?

Reaction score

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Thank God we're finally out of the spotlight. I didn't care for all that attention. Did you like it? I didn't like it at all.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
They are playing Max Cooper over him. So fucking dumb.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Stupid question. Can he use this year as a redshirt still?

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
Max Pooper works harder in practice and knows the complicated route trees better.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Imagine playing alongside Michigan wide receivers- guys like Donovan Peoples-Jones, Nico Collins, and Ronnie Bell. And now imagine sitting on the bench behind Max Pooper. I am going to say that the Martins feel real, real shitty.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I'm sure they have a reason for not playing him, and I would guess that reason is pretty dumb.

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
Well, well, well. Just last year, it was all dandy that fant wasn't playing as much and it didn't matter because "hock is better, his brother is a douche and he's soft"
Now, the great white hope isn't playing and now there's outrage. @nolookpass get in here and take a victory lap.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Well, well, well. Just last year, it was all dandy that fant wasn't playing as much and it didn't matter because "hock is better, his brother is a douche and he's soft"
Now, the great white hope isn't playing and now there's outrage. @nolookpass get in here and take a victory lap.
Not remotely the same scenario. He was still actually playing at least.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Max Cooper is just that good. That's why in a key game last year he was on the field and we're throwing fade passes to him in the end zone whilst Fant sat on the bench

mac50702

SuperUrkel
Reaction score
Max Cooper is just that good. That's why in a key game last year he was on the field and we're throwing fade passes to him in the end zone whilst Fant sat on the bench

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Cooper is not a threat on punt returns, but at least he'll catch them instead of letting them bounce like Nico

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Cooper is not a threat on punt returns, but at least he'll catch them instead of letting them bounce like Nico
He is fine and an improvement on punt returns. Hiwever, that should be the only time he sees the field.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty fucking obvious. Year 20 and we still wonder why WRs that can’t block dont play in Iowa’s offense.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty fucking obvious. Year 20 and we still wonder why WRs that can’t block dont play in Iowa’s offense.
Because lack of WR blocking is really what's holding the running game under that 3 YPC mark....

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Because lack of WR blocking is really what's holding the running game under that 3 YPC mark....
I’m not even arguing the merits of it. But isn’t it obvious that’s the reason?

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Oh I agree with what you that its a likely reason for the bench time (which is absolutely ridiculous if he can contribute in the passing game).

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Good thing all those blocking WR are there to help us average less than 3 yards per carry

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Scooped. I was pooping and behind. I don’t care

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I bet Oliver Martin raises his hand in discussion sections all the time.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Oh I agree with what you that its a likely reason for the bench time (which is absolutely ridiculous if he can contribute in the passing game).
My one and only counter to that is my guess to the reason why they don’t would be playing him would tip off that it’s a pass?

Reaction score
My one and only counter to that is my guess to the reason why they don’t would be playing him would tip off that it’s a pass?
Most teams play man. Run a fucking vert and the corner runs with you, no blocking necessary.

RiotFan

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Well, if there's one thing Iowa's offense is known for is its unpredictability. Wouldn't want to risk changing that.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
Most teams play man. Run a fucking vert and the corner runs with you, no blocking necessary.
I like it!

let’s run that on 2, ready break.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
He’ll get plenty of playing time next year.