**Oral Anal vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/15/19 - 7pm - BTN+**

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This game was exactly what the computers and Vegas thought it would be. They had played a couple other Power 5 schools close.

Iowa pretty much blew them out the entire game until a late run but was never in doubt.

Defense isn't going to get better if the 2 best defensive guards can't stay on the court and Garza never realizes he can't run out at guys like that and leave the basket wide open.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Iowa took some awful shots the last 3 minutes.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Everything the last 3 minutes was stupid.

Wieskamp misses 2 free throws, then they chuck up a bad shot, then come down an Frederick chucks up a three, then bohannon misses one, then for some fucking reason Garza chucks one and misses.

Idiots.

douglasbader

Reaction score
That is and will always continue to be the most frustrating thing about Fran coached teams.

They play poor defense, not because they can't, but because they simply aren't bright when it comes to the simplest of basketball concepts. They also tend to go full retard collectively on offense way too often. .

I mean, you would think the senior PG or the 60 year head coach or the 63 year old assistant that was a former head coach or the 65 year old assistant that was a former head coach would be screaming at them about time and situation, but they all sit there in their suits saying nothing.

CamelTones

Reaction score
That is and will always continue to be the most frustrating thing about Fran coached teams.

They play poor defense, not because they can't, but because they simply aren't bright when it comes to the simplest of basketball concepts. They also tend to go full retard collectively on offense way too often. .

I mean, you would think the senior PG or the 60 year head coach or the 63 year old assistant that was a former head coach or the 65 year old assistant that was a former head coach would be screaming at them about time and situation, but they all sit there in their suits saying nothing.
Fran flipped shit after Garzas shot.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
They decided to play it out and run their regular offense but couldn't hit a shot.

I don't think I've ever seen a basketball coach more pissed off while staying sitting in his chair than Fran after Garza took that shot with around 1:30 left.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
bohannon is so far behind defensively that I don't think there's any way he plays.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Joe T hurt?

Looks like he only played 6 minutes according to the box score

douglasbader

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not going to bag on Fran for a while. That is awful for him as a parent and coach and shitty for Patrick.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
6 minutes for Toussaint? T&Ps Fran but also fuck you. Fran is the dumbest motherfucker on the planet when it comes to minute distribution. Toussaint just needs time on the floor to acclimate and Fran's dumbass is worried about a guy with 2 fouls in the first half that might play 16 minutes in a game that will be a blowout. Toussaint comes down and takes a quick shot and gets pulled but a guy can fuck up time after time on defensive rotations and continue to play.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Fran flipped shit after Garzas shot.
Immediately after that shot my eight year old daughter stopped in her tracks with four friends in the room and asked me why that’s guys face was so red.

The camera wasn’t even zoomed on him.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Per tos Jbo will be shutting it down before the ISU game

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Which makes Fran's decision to play Toussaint 6 minutes even dumber. The guy made a nice jumper and a nice assist to bohannon. He also had 2 deflections in 6 minutes and seemed like he was the only one that gave a shit about helping out on defense. His first foul was bullshit and his 2nd one he gambled and got caught but somehow dumbfucks like @L. Wade Childress think he was not good. Toussaint, Fredrick and Weiskamp will be the only reason this team does anything.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Which makes Fran's decision to play Toussaint 6 minutes even dumber. The guy made a nice jumper and a nice assist to bohannon. He also had 2 deflections in 6 minutes and seemed like he was the only one that gave a shit about helping out on defense. His first foul was bullshit and his 2nd one he gambled and got caught but somehow dumbfucks like @L. Wade Childress think he was not good. Toussaint, Fredrick and Weiskamp will be the only reason this team does anything.
If you are looking for minutes as a true freshman it well documented that you should come in and act like a spaz.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Hopefully as the season progresses, Pemsl’s minutes on the floor and @Stomper15 minutes on chat decrease significantly.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Hopefully as the season progresses, Pemsl’s minutes on the floor and @Stomper15 minutes on chat decrease significantly.
Was ol’ stomp stinking up chat?
Apparently everyone is aok with the defense sucking year after year and are resigned to the fact it's not going to get better. If they had even a slight understanding of basic defensive concepts, they would've won by 20+. It's frustrating seeing these guys score boatloads of points year after year, but then just letting the other team shoot 3 after 3 uncontested or drive to the lane and staring at the ball handler. It's not just a "they're unathletic" issue -- they are poorly coached on the defensive side of things and Fran won't hire someone to help coach them up. Hate to use the world's most used cliche....but -- the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That's exactly where Fran is on defensive concepts and nobody is in his ear trying to get him to evolve.

That aside - hope everything ends up well for Patrick. Can only imagine how that compounds things for Fran and their family.

Last edited:

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

They do not know how to teach defense. Quit trying to figure it out. It ain’t ever getting fixed.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
good luck to patrick -- high level basketball is a lot of physical stress, period. no thyroid? damn. thyroxine works, until it doesn't. he's got a lot of good life ahead of him -- it just may not include playing an elite-level sport with a compromised endocrine system.

CamelTones

Reaction score
I don’t really understand the point of playing bohannon if he’s just going to shut it down. Especially in games against SIU-Edwardsville, Oral Anal and Cal Poly.

This isn’t like the 4 game rule in football where you can get a players feet wet on special teams. He’s taking minutes away from guys that need game minutes to get comfortable. And if it’s true that he might need surgery on the other hip why would they not be moving forward with that as soon as possible to begin the rehab work?

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
I don’t really understand the point of playing bohannon if he’s just going to shut it down. Especially in games against SIU-Edwardsville, Oral Anal and Cal Poly.

This isn’t like the 4 game rule in football where you can get a players feet wet on special teams. He’s taking minutes away from guys that need game minutes to get comfortable. And if it’s true that he might need surgery on the other hip why would they not be moving forward with that as soon as possible to begin the rehab work?
no kidding. Seems odd to play JBo whilst Joe T sits.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Even if Toussaint wasn’t behind him it’s stupid to play Jordan in this kind of condition.

Reaction score
From what ive seem of pemsl, Riley till brings lot more to the floor as a reserve 4 man.

Connor looked good in those highlights.

Garza's 30 is fools gold as that method of scoring will simply not be available whatsoever against a team with tall athletes (entire big ten).

Patrick's "residual ffects" are that he's a weak skinny mofo. So it's not a lie but it's also just a ploy to set up a medical redshirt. This is a positive development and will free up the rotation. It's the obvious move.

douglasbader

Reaction score
From what ive seem of pemsl, Riley till brings lot more to the floor as a reserve 4 man.

Garza's 30 is fools gold as that method of scoring will simply not be available whatsoever against a team with tall athletes (entire big ten).

Patrick's "residual ffects" are that he's a weak skinny mofo. So it's not a lie but it's also just a ploy to set up a medical redshirt. This is a positive development and will free up the rotation. It's the obvious move.
You're a fucking douchebag.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Maybe I am in fact an idiot because people are much more positive about Connor today and I actually don’t think he played that well. I don’t feel like he was putting any pressure on the defense after crossing half court. Maybe that’s because Luka was playing well and he was feeding him but otherwise it was a lot of horizontal movement. Also missed a couple open shots and threw up one WTF attempt in the lane almost like he lost control of the ball.

Although the pass he had from the right wing to the opposite block was ridiculous.

Reaction score
Maybe I am in fact an idiot because people are much more positive about Connor today and I actually don’t think he played that well. I don’t feel like he was putting any pressure on the defense after crossing half court. Maybe that’s because Luka was playing well and he was feeding him but otherwise it was a lot of horizontal movement. Also missed a couple open shots and threw up one WTF attempt in the lane almost like he lost control of the ball.

Although the pass he had from the right wing to the opposite block was ridiculous.
I didn't see the game just the 5 minute YouTube clip. So any commentary on Connor is from that. I would love to see Connor moved to a backup forward spot.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I am all for Jordan trying to play in a few games, but not if he is a huge negative detriment which he has been to this point

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I want Jordan to play against Iowa State for no other reason than when he plays again next year their fans losing their shit that he's STILL on the team.

CamelTones

Reaction score

Do you know what purpose your thyroid serves?

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Is it possible that they are just letting him get some work in between the 2 major surgeries? Maybe the rehab timeframe works as good or better by doing the surgery a month into the season instead of before it (for next season of course). Either way, I think the team is just better when Connor is running PG. The defense is still bewildering how bad it is, JBo being the weakest link.

Joe T got pulled in the 2nd half after 2 fast breaks for ORU -- fastest guy on the floor and was the last to get back. I think let the season play out / come to him. He can learn just as much in 6 minutes as 16-20. He had foul trouble, got dogged by the coach, made that step back 2. He is only gonna get better.

Will McCoy

Douchebag
Reaction score

Too much logic and reason.