Parking/tailgating 2021

Reaction score
Haven’t been to a game in a while, may be heading up for Purdue. My normal move is to arrive early, park at Old Capitol Mall, hit downtown/campus for a while before walking over to the stadium area. Is that still feasible?

Second question/option, where could one reasonably tailgate on the outskirts? I recall folks in the past in the library parking lot but it’s been a while. Nothing crazy with grills or anything. Just a place to crack a cooler, kids can throw a football around, and that’s about it.

I‘ll hang up and gfm.
Holy shit I feel good about this purchase tonight. Fuck yeah!!!!

Reaction score
Any of you guys take an RV?

I'm just curious how much it costs to park and what lot you're parking them at? I'm thinking about getting one, but I don't want any crazy surprises when I try to get a parking pass.

Reaction score

I'm just curious how much it costs to park and what lot you're parking them at? I'm thinking about getting one, but I don't want any crazy surprises when I try to get a parking pass.
From here: https://hawkeyesports.com/footballparking/
RVS
Season-long parking passes must be purchased in advance through the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $500. Limited parking is available and spaces are chosen prior to the season based on priority points within membership level.

• KG, KS, CH and GH: Lots 40, 43N (selected areas) and 75S.
    Pre-assigned reserved parking spaces for RV parking only.
  • SH: Lot 65S

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
If you have to ask…

Lots of info on the link above. Just know that unless you are a $5k and above donor, you aren’t parking close to the stadium. There does seem to be plenty of other options around the west side if you don’t mind a little walk and get there on Friday evening.

Reaction score
How strict are they about this 6 hrs before the game opening time for lots? That would put it at 8:30 this Saturday. 7:30 would be ideal.

Reaction score

I take one & park in 75s. Feel free to DM any questions.

Reaction score
If you have to ask…

Lots of info on the link above. Just know that unless you are a $5k and above donor, you aren’t parking close to the stadium. There does seem to be plenty of other options around the west side if you don’t mind a little walk and get there on Friday evening.
We've always parked our cars at the finkbine commuter lot. I wouldn't mind parking there and it always seems there is plenty of RV availability there too.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
We've always parked our cars at the finkbine commuter lot. I wouldn't mind parking there and it always seems there is plenty of RV availability there too.
As long as you reserve in advance, should be fine.