***Penn State v. Iowa - 2/21/21 - 4:00 PM - FS1***

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
PSU blew it more than anything else, but that 1-on-3 break they had really late, that JBo covered each of the 3 and prevented any PSU points on that possession was yuuuuge.

I know he doesn't usually play D, but when he tries, he can be disruptive.

And didn't he hit a dagger 3 rather quickly after that, too, or was it before?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I really appreciate Penn State forgetting how to play basketball when they got to 54 points. Especially the guy that bricked the dunk. I also appreciate having CJs nut sack on the court again.

I do, however, dislike how Iowa gets up 10-12 points and give 5 points back in about 20 seconds. Running the clock and 0 offense the last 3 minutes only worked because Penn State couldn’t make a single shot.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t get pissed about hyper aggressive shots early in the shot clock, so I can’t really get pissed about them not having a great feel for grinding it out.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I critisize bohannon too much, but having a lead guard with his limitations is largely why Iowa can't really stall without almost shutting it down completely.
Exactly. It's the same issue with end of half/game situation. Fran sucks!!! No actually we don't have a player on the court that can create off the dribble in late clock situations. There was 3 minutes left when they went to that prevent offense. Wasting an extra 10 seconds really doesn't do much especially when that causes a late shot clock heave and usually the other team is out and running. It makes no sense.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
revealed personal info about a poster who is probably top 5 in not giving a fuck about revealing personal info
I assume you're talking about yourself. And then you got in another e-fight on rivals with him??

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
It actually wasn’t a big deal, just a random drop of a relative’s name for no apparently reason, and @BuffettHawk is a respected enforcer.
Charles definitely reveled in knowing posters' info. I figured he got the boot because he basically admitted he'd been banned under other user names and the normally lazy mods took action.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I hope he comes back as the juggernaut.

what happened to mr. Penusbutter? He was an amicable soul

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
What does Iowa need to do to lock up a 2 seed? Does four more total wins (regular season and Big Ten Tournament) do it?

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Jordan takes shit and a lot of it he brings on himself. But his effort on defense the last couple of weeks has been noticeably improved and it has changed my outlook for this team. Credit to Fran for mostly staying away from the zone (finally) and credit to Jordan for apparently buying in. We’ll see if it remains competent down the stretch, but I’m not going to take for granted how much of an attitude shift it was always going to take to get a consistently solid defensive effort.

Just in general, bohannon is playing his role extremely well right now.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
They do that and they are probably projected as a 1 seed headed to the big ten tourney.
They are a high 3-seed/borderline 2-seed now, so yes, if they go 4-0 to finish the regular season - including two road wins over currently-projected 1-seeds - then agreed, I would imagine that most bracketologists would have have them on their top line.

Reaction score
Joe W with a strange ass game. Double double, a shit ton of turnovers, terrible luck with his shots rimming out, but kept shooting, getting boards and didn't shy away.
Some of his turnovers this week were really uncharacteristic. He was due for his shooting to cool off but I think we had 5 or 6 halfway down that rimmed out. His rebounding has been huge this year.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jordan takes shit and a lot of it he brings on himself. But his effort on defense the last couple of weeks has been noticeably improved and it has changed my outlook for this team. Credit to Fran for mostly staying away from the zone (finally) and credit to Jordan for apparently buying in. We’ll see if it remains competent down the stretch, but I’m not going to take for granted how much of an attitude shift it was always going to take to get a consistently solid defensive effort.

Just in general, bohannon is playing his role extremely well right now.
Agree with all this.

Now if only he treated his possession of the ball a bit more seriously, at all times...

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
How was the CF Gamewatch? Ours was as tight as Beebz’ nutsack.

Reaction score
We're currently the last 2 seed on the Bracket Matrix' aggregate compilation that was last updated yesterday. 2 seed with Lunardi and DeCourcy. Win the two home games and we're probably still in the mix for a 2 even if we lose the two road games. WIth a split, I think we're in good shape.

Illinois has 4 road games left with MSU, Wisconsin, Michigan and OSU. OSU is at MSU, then home with us and Illinois. Still an opportunity to move ahead of one or both in this home stretch.