**Penn State vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/29/20 - 11am - BTN**

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
Good win. Carver is a huge clusterfuck to get out of and this needs to be improved
I have been pushing this for a couple years. The early weekend games are an absolute disaster getting there, and every game sucks leaving. It’s all due to traffic control and flow. They need to get off the standard light timing further away from the arena on game days and have actual traffic professionals instead of rent a cops.

I think someone here has mentioned this before, but they need to make a couple per bridges over Newton and Elliott so people can walk and other cars don’t have to wait. I think this is part of the Phase 2 renovations.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Was there ever an explanation as to why they overturned the offensive foul.and changed it to Toussaint? I thought they couldnt use the monitor to change fouls.

Reaction score
Was there ever an explanation as to why they overturned the offensive foul.and changed it to Toussaint? I thought they couldnt use the monitor to change fouls.
I disagreed with the call. JoeT was not "all over" Stevens, as Bardo said. Was he very close, yeah, but not close enough that the shoulder that Stevens threw in his face was because Stevens was just 'making a bball move'. The thing I thought was funny about that, was right after he shouldered JoeT in the face, Stevens threw a forceful high elbow that would have clocked CJF in the chin if he'd have been a couple inches closer.

Not unhappy about the two Techs on PSU. Rarely see them called. Likely wouldn't have if the game had been in HV instead of IC.

Reaction score
I have been pushing this for a couple years. The early weekend games are an absolute disaster getting there, and every game sucks leaving. It’s all due to traffic control and flow. They need to get off the standard light timing further away from the arena on game days and have actual traffic professionals instead of rent a cops.

I think someone here has mentioned this before, but they need to make a couple per bridges over Newton and Elliott so people can walk and other cars don’t have to wait. I think this is part of the Phase 2 renovations.
Its definitely a PITA trying to go north out of Carver. Worth it to go south to Melrose to avoid the mess.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I disagreed with the call. JoeT was not "all over" Stevens, as Bardo said. Was he very close, yeah, but not close enough that the shoulder that Stevens threw in his face was because Stevens was just 'making a bball move'. The thing I thought was funny about that, was right after he shouldered JoeT in the face, Stevens threw a forceful high elbow that would have clocked CJF in the chin if he'd have been a couple inches closer.

Not unhappy about the two Techs on PSU. Rarely see them called. Likely wouldn't have if the game had been in HV instead of IC.
The tech on Wheeler was warranted. He acted like a child after taking out Garza.

Not sure about the one on Watkins but he did a lot of talking after the call.

Creed

Doesn't go to the dentist
Reaction score
My takeaways from being there for the first time this year today:
1. My boys had a ton of fun. We should have gone to more games.
2. Luka gets abused.
3. Parking seemed fine. We parked at a house by the dental lot and it was very easy in and easy out.
4. Kriener blew a kiss at one point. Not sure if it was on TV but I lol’d.
5. CJ is what we want Weiskamp to be.
6. I love Laura V and want to touch her hiney (with her permission of course).
7. The burrito lift never happened.

Reaction score

Reaction score
My takeaways from being there for the first time this year today:
1. My boys had a ton of fun. We should have gone to more games.
2. Luka gets abused.
3. Parking seemed fine. We parked at a house by the dental lot and it was very easy in and easy out.
4. Kriener blew a kiss at one point. Not sure if it was on TV but I lol’d.
5. CJ is what we want Weiskamp to be.
6. I love Laura V and want to touch her hiney (with her permission of course).
7. The burrito lift never happened.
Kriener’s kiss was on tv

Reaction score
Random stuff from today after beers:

-Thought Joe W. was better and more aggressive at times. Should be so much better finishing in transition but I liked him more today.
-Learning to run the offense and work off everyone else is more important for Joe T. than adding a shot. No one really knows where he's going or what he's doing most of the time. Complete opposite of Connor.
-Might be a hot take that looks bad in a few years but I think CJ is gonna play in the NBA at some point.
-Final pregame warmup with like 10 minutes left they play "Grove St. Party". PSU guys all start bouncing around, dancing and trying trick shit. Look at the other end and our nerds are just shooting jumpers because they don't react to any music. The contrast was entertaining for about a full minute.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
To me, Garza looked more unsure and shaky yesterday than he has in the last two months. He puts up 25-17 with 4 blocks.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Random stuff from today after beers:

-Thought Joe W. was better and more aggressive at times. Should be so much better finishing in transition but I liked him more today.
-Learning to run the offense and work off everyone else is more important for Joe T. than adding a shot. No one really knows where he's going or what he's doing most of the time. Complete opposite of Connor.
-Might be a hot take that looks bad in a few years but I think CJ is gonna play in the NBA at some point.
-Final pregame warmup with like 10 minutes left they play "Grove St. Party". PSU guys all start bouncing around, dancing and trying trick shit. Look at the other end and our nerds are just shooting jumpers because they don't react to any music. The contrast was entertaining for about a full minute.
Tousaint had 8 assists in 16 minutes.

Reaction score
To me, Garza looked more unsure and shaky yesterday than he has in the last two months. He puts up 25-17 with 4 blocks.
Totally agree. He was pressing a little early and then continued to force some shots throughout the game.

He still shot around 40%. I think he's getting a little frustrated with some things not being called, and in attempt to adjust has been putting up some shots before the contact arrives

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I walked straight from my seat to my car. Stayed in my seat until the clock hit 0:00. Didn’t have to get the extra minute head start by getting up and watching the rest of the game from up top. Walked 5 minutes to old chicago. Got in my car and drive home. Was home by 1:20.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
See? I knew you guys would appreciate that. Have a great Sunday!

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I parked in the dental lot, stayed for the end of the game and sat for 30 minutes unable to move because there was only one fucking way in and out of the stupid motherfucking parking lot. Then probably sat another 15-20 minutes in traffic after getting out of the lot before being able to turn onto highway 6.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
Dude, it's a mile in heavy pedestrian traffic and having to cross through 2 stoplights in heavy car traffic. Don't be dumb
1.1 miles and even with no foot traffic or car traffic it would be a 13-15 minute walk. No way is it significantly less than 20 minutes yesterday.

He's a fucking liar and a scumbag.