**Penn State vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/29/20 - 11am - BTN**

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kind of funny thinking about who on our team would/will D up on Lamar in man2man.

It should work out as he prefers to score inside and we have Garza waiting for him there, help defense, make him shoot from out, etc., but Stevens 1-on-1 with any of our non-Garza players brings a sensible chuckle.

Connor? Kriener?
Not too overly worried about Stevens. Its Dredd who could be a major thorn in Iowa's side if he's hitting 3s like he's capable of. Hope Brockington doesn't have a career day like he did in the first game, as well.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I want to sneak away for the game in downtown st louis, where do I go?

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Its 11 AM. Every sports bar will have it. If you’re looking for an Iowa bar, you’ll need to drive to Weber’s Front Row in Webster Groves.

Reaction score
Saw that Chambers said that he's 60-40 on Myreon Jones playing. He might be their second best player. Best shooter (41% from 3) and has the highest assist rate while not turning it over much. Has missed their last 5 games.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
Saw that Chambers said that he's 60-40 on Myreon Jones playing. He might be their second best player. Best shooter (41% from 3) and has the highest assist rate while not turning it over much. Has missed their last 5 games.
But history says Iowa needs to worry about the 25% three-point shooter who has only made one in his last seven games.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Its 11 AM. Every sports bar will have it. If you’re looking for an Iowa bar, you’ll need to drive to Weber’s Front Row in Webster Groves.
Yeah I don’t know downtown worth a shit but there should be options. If I was staying in town I would suggest Weber’s so @Reggie Dunlop and I could let your family know you’re at a safe place and authorities could be contacted to keep an eye out for Sasquatch.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Downtown STL sucks. There are many great places away from there. If you are close to Ballpark village, I would consider going there to watch.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Lol. Downtown sucks! Go to the most generic place of them all!

Reaction score
WTF are you doing downtown? Plenty of good options. I would go to center ice brewing on olive. Stay away from Washington. BATTLEHAWKS kickoff at 4:00 and their will be a crowd gathering at all of those bars not interested in watching the Iowa game.
The Brewhouse in the bottom of Hyatt is also good

Last edited:

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
WTF are you doing downtown? Plenty of good options. I would go to center ice brewing on olive. Stay away from Washington. BATTLEHAWKS kickoff at 4:00 and their will be a crowd gathering at all of those bars not interested in watching the Iowa game.
Staying at the red lion (desperately needs updated) and have to be at the convention center for most of the day.... Gun > head

Reaction score
Staying at the red lion (desperately needs updated) and have to be at the convention center for most of the day.... Gun > head
Your decision making is to be questioned... that being said just go over to the new bar at Union Station, Train Shed and sit at the bar. They’ll probably turn it on for you. Between the Blues game and BATTLEHAWKS game you ought to be amidst plenty of hoosiers. You’re going to fit right in.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I understand his desire to get far away to watch the game if he’s there this weekend for the same reason as a bunch of other dads I know...competition cheer.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I understand his desire to get far away to watch the game if he’s there this weekend for the same reason as a bunch of other dads I know...competition cheer.
Biggest collection of dildos I've ever witnessed.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get it. Brothers granddaughter didn’t even cheer for her high school but she went all over for cheerleading comps

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Garza only missed twice in second half? Do I have my math right?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get it. Brothers granddaughter didn’t even cheer for her high school but she went all over for cheerleading comps
It's similar to other travel sports at this point.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
2 games in a row that Iowa has given away a 10+ point NET win against a Quad 1 opponent because they are FUCKING RETARDS at the end of the game.

Great win though.

Joe Wieskamp has turned into an all time pussy.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I love bullshit pointless 3 pointers making it a 9 point win.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Big cat and Wanda were good. Wish they would hack a little more when in. Maybe put a cutter on his back.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Big cat and Wanda were good. Wish they would hack a little more when in. Maybe put a cutter on the floor.
Pemsl is the dumbest mother fucker alive. He had 3 passes that had no chance and you could see coming from a mile away yet he still tried to throw them.