**Penn State vs. Iowa Basketball - 2/29/20 - 11am - BTN**

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I park behind Guild Wurst Tavern and then have a few beers at The Vine. Then I walk up the hill, not through the woods. Bout a 3 minute walk.
I did that too in the past, and I agree it is the best. But that's not 3 minutes unless you're Usain Bolt.

I almost got in a fight with some dude who talked shit to my ex at the Vine there. Fat Beebs was upset!

Kerky

Does Not Return His Shopping Cart
Reaction score
Why do all of these establishments allow people to park for several hours and go to the game, particularly if it is during a busy dinner hour?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
Why do all of these establishments allow people to park for several hours and go to the game, particularly if it is during a busy dinner hour?
For the Vine, they charge $10 or $20 car, plus the patrons spend a shit ton of money beforehand. On an ordinary night, they probably aren't THAT busy for dinner anyway.

I imagine for Old Chicago, it's probably too difficult to enforce since they share the parking lot with the hotel and other businesses in that area. Plus, the patrons also spend a shit ton of money beforehand (unlike other nights during that time period).

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
For the Vine, they charge $10 or $20 car, plus the patrons spend a shit ton of money beforehand. On an ordinary night, they probably aren't THAT busy for dinner anyway.

I imagine for Old Chicago, it's probably too difficult to enforce since they share the parking lot with the hotel and other businesses in that area. Plus, the patrons also spend a shit ton of money beforehand (unlike other nights during that time period).
Add in the fact that you’d be an idiot to park anywhere else.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Add in the fact that you’d be an idiot to park anywhere else.
How many parking spots are in the Vine/Old Chicago/Heartland Inn area? 200 or so? I assume you have to arrive very early to park down there.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
How many parking spots are in the Vine/Old Chicago/Heartland Inn area? 200 or so? I assume you have to arrive very early to park down there.
No idea. I don’t ever get there that early. Sometimes I’ll use a parking pass and park in the dental lot because I’m never in a huge hurry to get out of there. And I don’t encounter the same struggles as some posters have suggested here. If not, I’ll park in the old law lot and it’s about a 15 minute walk from there. The old law lot is as easy to get in/out of as any parking spot there is and I never encounter any traffic at any point. But I would rather walk a little further than get there any sooner than 10 mins before the game. Fuck that.

Reaction score
I visit my brother's premie twins at u of I beforhand and just park there. He then gives me a ride to the RMH, he's staying and we walk over to the game. That's about a 30 second walk.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score

Maybe 5 years ago or so Old Chicago used to charge 10 or 15 bucks to park for football games but would give you an equal amount in dine-in dollars. So it was basically free if you were going to spend any money inside. The last few years there has been no parking charge.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Maybe 5 years ago or so Old Chicago used to charge 10 or 15 bucks to park for football games but would give you an equal amount in dine-in dollars. So it was basically free if you were going to spend any money inside. The last few years there has been no parking charge.
Old Chicago, just a two minute walk from Kinnick