Q & A with George Kittle

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This is incredible for him and is going to push him into super star status if San Francisco is remotely good and he stays healthy.

Reaction score
49ers are significantly better than their record. Kittle will have a lot of fun next year.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
This is incredible for him and is going to push him into super star status if San Francisco is remotely good and he stays healthy.
He’s a character and loves attention yet has good people around him so it should be entertaining especially if SF gets better.

Sundown

Homewrecker
Reaction score
These plays. Holt shit. Legit NFL level stud.

his top 10 plays doesn't even include any of his blocking which at times is borderline erotic.

can't be a lot of 12-month windows where a school has a first-round pick, the national player of the year (and possible first round pick) at the same position, and a record-setting year from an alum at that position in the NFL. I'm assuming some year with Miami QBs or DBs or something would be better but 2018–19 was insane for Iowa TEs

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
When did he get so fast? He is pulling away from NFL defensive backs in those highlights. Don't recall that kind of speed at Iowa.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Rascal.

(This may have been in the top 10 plays video but I didn’t watch all of them because I finished pooping.)

douglasbader

Reaction score
I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but there was a play at Iowa where Kittle didn't even have the ball but came flying up the field from behind and was faster than every defensive back and wide receiver. That was the first time I remember ever going "whoa" about a TE since Dallas Clark.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Kittle is having the fucking time of his life.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread yet, but there was a play at Iowa where Kittle didn't even have the ball but came flying up the field from behind and was faster than every defensive back and wide receiver. That was the first time I remember ever going "whoa" about a TE since Dallas Clark.
Jake Duzey’s TD vs OSU was eye opening.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
His postgame interview was great. Fans love the guy. He’s got a lot of pro wrestler in him.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The best thing about him is that when he is doing all of this stuff it is never trying to talk shit or showing up the other team, pretty much always seems like he is having a blast while also being super talented and playing really hard.

Reaction score
George Kittle is the Anti-Brants

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/19/21029338/george-kittle-49ers-run-people-over

This, of course, has shown up in George. I asked him the best he’s ever felt on a football field. “My senior year against Nebrantska,” Kittle said. (He tells me that he has “choice words” for Nebrantska football in general, but did not expand.) “We were winning 33-10, all the seniors on the field. We ran eight plays, ran [two tight ends, two running backs] and we ran 23 breeze—which is an inside run zone—toward me eight plays in a row, down the field, at 8 yards a pop, through their face. And on play nine, we ran power load, and I pancaked two guys on the play. That was one of the most satisfying moments for me. We completely physically broke them the entire game. One of my favorite parts was that their defensive end had a big curly mustache, because he thought he was really cool, and I put him on his back like three times. So that was very fun for me.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The most telling thing about Kittle's superstardom is that all the black dudes are in awe of him and respect him as well. That doesn't happen unless you are better than the best.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
George Kittle is the Anti-Brants

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/19/21029338/george-kittle-49ers-run-people-over

This, of course, has shown up in George. I asked him the best he’s ever felt on a football field. “My senior year against Nebrantska,” Kittle said. (He tells me that he has “choice words” for Nebrantska football in general, but did not expand.) “We were winning 33-10, all the seniors on the field. We ran eight plays, ran [two tight ends, two running backs] and we ran 23 breeze—which is an inside run zone—toward me eight plays in a row, down the field, at 8 yards a pop, through their face. And on play nine, we ran power load, and I pancaked two guys on the play. That was one of the most satisfying moments for me. We completely physically broke them the entire game. One of my favorite parts was that their defensive end had a big curly mustache, because he thought he was really cool, and I put him on his back like three times. So that was very fun for me.
What a fun article! Hope he comes back to coach.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
That drive remains one of my top all time Iowa memories. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more dominant drive in my time as a fan. Just an absolute ass kicking play after play after play.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Here's that game. The drive he's talking about starts at 2:15:00.

Double flap jack at 2:24:10.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I loved that game, and that drive. Also there is this: He plans to get an even bigger, Halo-themed tattoo on his back in 2020. #Metoo

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
They said he sat out practice yesterday doing an ankle injury. Hope he's good to go