RATT and on the record - Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz as OC

Do you believe Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz will be successful as Iowa's Offensive Coordinator?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Will you remain equally pumped if he does not relieve Bobby Kennedy of his post, @Geese?
I would like to see Kennedy go, but honestly at this point I'm just really fucking excited about GDGD being gone. I think something as simple as throwing down the field and over the middle will help out a lot in our passing game, so I expect some improvement even if Kennedy is still on staff. Our WRs are pretty shitty so I'm trying to keep my expectations in check for our passing game next season.

If Kennedy gets the boot that is just gravy at this point.
I have no idea how you know this, considering how they have been used.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Will you remain equally pumped if he does not relieve Bobby Kennedy of his post, @Geese?
I would like to see Kennedy go, but honestly at this point I'm just really fucking excited about GDGD being gone. I think something as simple as throwing down the field and over the middle will help out a lot in our passing game, so I expect some improvement even if Kennedy is still on staff. Our WRs are pretty shitty so I'm trying to keep my expectations in check for our passing game next season.

Vandeberg is good. Jerminic has bricks for hands. Fant is a TE, but appears to be the real deal. Idk, I just have low expectations from that group next year.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Edited out long image error message.

Last edited:

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I agree with this. It's true we might have some crappy receivers, but I'm not sure they are that much worse than some of the other groups in the BT. I think the receivers' ability to get open was a direct result of the scheme in which they were operating. I mean, any average WR should be able to get open from time to time if they understand what they are supposed to do, where they are supposed to be, and run crisp routes with confidence. The last 5 years, I saw guys running routes and half speed and hesitating way too much. I think you saw this reflected in the QB play too as you saw their hesitation and uncertainty with what the WRs were doing.

My guess is that you'll see a lot more open receivers next year with basically the same crew of guys out there.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The receiver talent isn't much worse than it has been in many other years and like magic next year they will be much better.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score

I agree with this. It's true we might have some crappy receivers, but I'm not sure they are that much worse than some of the other groups in the BT. I think the receivers' ability to get open was a direct result of the scheme in which they were operating. I mean, any average WR should be able to get open from time to time if they understand what they are supposed to do, where they are supposed to be, and run crisp routes with confidence. The last 5 years, I saw guys running routes and half speed and hesitating way too much. I think you saw this reflected in the QB play too as you saw their hesitation and uncertainty with what the WRs were doing.

My guess is that you'll see a lot more open receivers next year with basically the same crew of guys out there.
This is correct. Vandeburg caught a ton of passes because him and CJ were on the same page and a lot of the throws were back shoulder or when a defender wasn't looking and Vandeburg caught a pass around someone. Last year Kittle and HKC caught a lot of short passes on 3rd down over the middle, Tevaun went long or caught the quick out and turned up field for 8 yards and Hillyer pretty much just blocked. There were no interchanging parts. That is what needs to change.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Feelin' real good...conditions nearly met!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Have they elaborated any further on the administrative side of this? I personally don't give a fuck but there is no way that you can just hire your son without a search for a half mil position without following due process. Is this going to be considered an "emergency" hire and it's filled for a year officially?

douglasbader

Reaction score
Have they elaborated any further on the administrative side of this? I personally don't give a fuck but there is no way that you can just hire your son without a search for a half mil position without following due process. Is this going to be considered an "emergency" hire and it's filled for a year officially?

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Bart's just made a routine internal promotion of a report within the department

douglasbader

Reaction score
L. Wade is totally the guy who tells everyone he doesn't care and then emails the compliance office questioning the process.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
You are retarded if you think it isn't going to come up. I guarantee there is an AP article written and in the national media as soon as they comply with the likely-already-filed FOIA request.

It's a fair question. It goes against the process we've known for years and I am legitimately curious.

douglasbader

Reaction score
You are retarded if you think it isn't going to come up. I guarantee there is an AP article written and in the national media as soon as they comply with the likely-already-filed FOIA request.

It's a fair question. It goes against the process we've known for years and I am legitimately curious.
This bullshit much more than the very small minority of dorks who complain about it is the reason Iowa has to worry about these process rules.

The problem is every nolookpass or L. Wade is sitting around going "fair question" "due process"!!

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

Are you sure the rules are the same for a promotion versus a hiring? I would guess they aren't. Maybe there are similar steps needed, but I would guess Garta asked the pertinent questions and followed the required steps... And if it comes up, it is only because the writer (or message board poster) is
a giant DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!

douglasbader

Reaction score

Are you sure the rules are the same for a promotion versus a hiring? I would guess they aren't. Maybe there are similar steps needed, but I would guess Garta asked the pertinent questions and followed the required steps... And if it comes up, it is only because the writer (or message board poster) is
a giant DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!
No way, we MUST question what steps and process were followed. Not that I care or anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

a giant DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!
No, I am not sure at all. That's why I asked how they justified it.

I have no idea why doug thinks asking is a big deal other than that's he's a crazy woman. I wasn't even critical.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

a giant DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!

Then why did you guarantee there is an AP article written if you're not sure there is even anything to question? Do you think someone is going to write an article saying "Well I'm a douchebag and legitimately curious if there was anything questionable about Brian's promotion, so I took the time to file a FOIA request, but there wasn't, so I'm just writing this article to reiterate that I'm a fucking DOUCHEBAG"?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
a giant DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!

Then why did you guarantee there is an AP article written if you're not sure there is even anything to question? Do you think someone is going to write an article saying "Well I'm a douchebag and legitimately curious if there was anything questionable about Brian's promotion, so I took the time to file a FOIA request, but there wasn't, so I'm just writing this article to reiterate that I'm a fucking DOUCHEBAG"?
Other than the fact that there a few dozen twitter threads discussing it, several of which include reporters?

Reaction score
I don't care, but I'd be shocked in Ryan Foley doesn't write an article questioning it, I think he thinks AP regents reporter is going to give him a pulizter

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don't care, but I'd be shocked in Ryan Foley doesn't write an article questioning it, I think he thinks AP regents reporter is going to give him a pulizter
He is one of the people that was discussing it but it's clearly something being talked about between all the writers.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

Other than the fact that there a few dozen twitter threads discussing it, several of which include reporters?
No. That's a good answer. I'm not saying there won't be an article. But you'd have to be a douchebag to care, take the time to ask, and then to report that there is nothing to report. Maybe Ryan Foley will be that man.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I couldn't find the article on Google, but I swear that GDGD was hired under similar circumstances. Like his position not officially permanent for a year or something.

douglasbader

Reaction score
He is one of the people that was discussing it but it's clearly something being talked about between all the writers.
Correct, because they write articles that small town Iowa hicks and L. Wade/Nolookpass types read and rely on their stupidity for clicks. They know their audience.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Correct, because they write articles that small town Iowa hicks and L. Wade/Nolookpass types read and rely on their stupidity for clicks. They know their audience.
Ryan Foley is an AP writer.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
I couldn't find the article on Google, but I swear that GDGD was hired under similar circumstances. Like his position not officially permanent for a year or something.
Brian was hired 5 years ago.
Matt Rodgers was the quarterback in 1990 and 1991.
Are you now saying that you know there are similar rules between promotions and hirings? (You said a few posts ago you won't sure) Because it could be extremely relevant that Brian was promoted and not just hired.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fat old men sitting at Hy-Vee and Casey's having a cup of coffee in their overalls. Dorks that work at Wells Fargo who have a man cave filled with memorabilia.

Blue collar Joe's driving all around back roads to make shitty little small dollar deals listening to local sports radio drinking their 4th cup of shitty coffee and having a dip.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Fat old men sitting at Hy-Vee and Casey's having a cup of coffee in their overalls. Dorks that work at Wells Fargo who have a man cave filled with memorabilia.

Blue collar Joe's driving all around back roads to make shitty little small dollar deals listening to local sports radio drinking their 4th cup of shitty coffee and having a dip.
Who are people that have fucked your mother?

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
I have no fucking idea. THAT IS WHY I ASKED.
But you also guaranteed an AP article about it. To me that made it seem like you thought there was something to it, and there was definitely going to be a national story. It turns out that was my error in assuming that.

As it turns out:

1. You have no fucking idea.
2. You think an AP writer will write the story regardless of anything they find out, but:
3. That writer is likely this guy:
. From Iowa. And likely a giant fucking douchebag!!!!!!

I like when these e-conversations can get everything sorted out and get everybody on the same page.

douglasbader

Reaction score

Your wife has blown every single one of these people while you are out wrecking your boat and killing dogs.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

Your wife has blown every single one of these people while you are out wrecking your boat and killing dogs.
FWIW I killed my cat last thanksgiving

CamelTones

Reaction score

I work with a couple guys like this. Walk in with their newspaper and ask if I want the sports page. Whenever they announce that White and Kennedy are gone in the paper they'll ask if I saw the news. Then again one of them is an ISU fan and the other is an Iowa football fan but Indiana basketball fan.

CamelTones

Reaction score
correct.

http://www.dailyiowan.com/2012/03/06/Sports/27342.html

also, Philbin nearly hired Davis as his OC with the Dolphins, so the blood of the last five years is on his hands.
He almost hired him as one of the wide receivers coaches but went with O'Keefe instead. That is how Davis found out the Iowa OC job was open and I believe he had Philbin contact Kirk for him.

douglasbader

Reaction score
LOL at Philbin. What a disaster as a leader.

How the fuck do you even consider hiring Greg Davis or KOK to coach 24 year old elite african american males at WR in the NFL?

douglasbader

Reaction score
You have to be the biggest fucking dork douchebag to even care to question if they followed process or procedure. You're a fucking loser.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
You have to be the biggest fucking dork douchebag to even care to question if they followed process or procedure. You're a fucking loser.
I didn't question them doing it. I was curious if they had yet commented on how they did it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I didn't question them doing it. I was curious if they had yet commented on how they did it.
That is even worse. At least the "questioning" people don't hide the fact they are douchebags. The "curious" people are the real problem. Total fucking losers.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
That is even worse. At least the "questioning" people don't hide the fact they are douchebags. The "curious" people are the real problem. Total fucking losers.
So, have they commented on it or what

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score

douglasbader

Reaction score
Iowa totally ignored every process and procedure so they could hire the son of Kurt Furentz. It is totally going to be a scandal.

Jayhawki

Doesn't Like the Cooking Forum
Reaction score