**Rutgers vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/22/20 - 8pm - BTN**

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
First two people to PM me, ice cream is on me before the game.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
This basketball team reminds me a bit of the 2015 football team. Physically and mentally tough, and a true “team” style of play with different guys stepping up as needed.

Iowa 69
Rutgers 59

I’m enjoying these 8:00 tip offs. I can get the kids in bed by 8:30-8:45 then start the game and catch up to live action with about 10 minutes to go.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
This basketball team reminds me a bit of the 2015 football team. Physically and mentally tough, and a true “team” style of play with different guys stepping up as needed.

Iowa 69
Rutgers 59

I’m enjoying these 8:00 tip offs. I can get the kids in bed by 8:30-8:45 then start the game and catch up to live action with about 10 minutes to go.
I can’t go to 8pm games but they are the best for me too. It is hard not to fast forward when the game is toght though.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Garza won't be able to bully Johnson but I like the hawks here. Hard for Rutgers to not be preoccupied with the top 25 stuff this week.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Rutgers is about as good on D as Iowa is on the O end of the floor. I’m concerned that Michigan St Junior will be allowed to play mug and thug ball against Iowa which will make for a frustrating night.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Rutgers is about as good on D as Iowa is on the O end of the floor. I’m concerned that Michigan St Junior will be allowed to play mug and thug ball against Iowa which will make for a frustrating night.
That will happen, but I think they can play through it.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I hope being in Carver results in a cleaner game. I understand both road teams won last season, but 'physical' teams seem to get the benefit of the doubt at home.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
The big meanies play too physical is perhaps my favorite halo meme. Really attracts the losers/victims/shitty former players crowd.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
The big meanies play too physical is perhaps my favorite halo meme. Really attracts the losers/victims/shitty former players crowd.
Oh that's BS. There are a lot of different styles of offense. Iowa's offense, when working well, has a flow that is impacted more than most by thugs hanging on and pushing guys all over the floor.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I actually think Garza responds better to tougher, more physical defense. Not that he can't score on all types, but he ain't putting up with anyone's BS this year. He's gonna get his (at least) 20+/8+ a night, no matter the defensive gameplan against him & his team.

Now if the RU guards and SF's are allowed to reach/grab/hold on all the off-ball movement Iowa's Gs employ, then yes, that will effect everyone else's offensive play, even if just somewhat.

Hope for a tightly called game and a good night at the FT stripe, percentage-made wise.

Last edited:

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Penn St dressed up as a bunch of faggots and beat Michigan on the road tonight

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Nice win. Big balls Connor. Fran wth taking Tousint out with 3 minutes left?

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
This year has been so refreshing to watch. An incredibly efficient offense that can win in a variety of ways with a bunch of guys that don’t quit. Fran’s teams have been soft but these are some tough sons of bitches. I love it.

It wasn’t that long ago we were in the criminal years watching his little shit of a kid run around against legitimate teams. His biggest win may have been 36-33 versus MSU. Fuck him and fuck what he did to Iowa hoops. Fran can be a dumb fuck but he’s a miracle worker.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Bugged me a little they didn't use one of the 3 TOs when Iowa struggled with the press. Toussaint was great tonight