**Rutgers vs. Iowa Basketball - 1/22/20 - 8pm - BTN**

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Fredericks shot was off today but he made arguably the biggest play on that curl which was followed by Wieskamps 3.

I honestly think Frans biggest coaching mistake was slowing the pace the last 5 minutes. It’s really hard to feed the post when you’re just trying to run clock. I know you don’t want quick shots, but you also don’t want heaves as the shot clock expires.
Yeah, that stretch where they slowed it down and tried to go to Connor in the high post over and over was painful. Totally went away from what was working all game before that.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
If fucking Bardo says that Pemsl is one of our better passers again, I swear. I'd argue he's our worst and most retarded passer. Just because he's oblivious and has the balls to attempt tough passes and has the good fortune of completing a tough pass out of sheer luck occasionally, doesn't make him a good passer, Steve-O. Kreiner is a distant second in this regard but second nonetheless. He attempts some bone headed passes at least twice a game.

What's Pemsl's TO rate, nerds?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Yeah, that stretch where they slowed it down and tried to go to Connor in the high post over and over was painful. Totally went away from what was working all game before that.
Funny how right after Rutgers took the lead Iowa started running their offense again and got 2 great looks.

CamelTones

Reaction score
If fucking Bardo says that Pemsl is one of our better passers again, I swear. I'd argue he's our worst and most retarded passer. Just because he's oblivious and has the balls to attempt tough passes and has the good fortune of completing a tough pass out of sheer luck occasionally, doesn't make him a good passer, Steve-O. Kreiner is a distant second in this regard but second nonetheless. He attempts some bone headed passes at least twice a game.

Krieners problem is he 'stares down his receiver' for like 4 seconds. He knows where the play is suppose to go and is going to force it in there no matter how many guys are around Garza. Sometimes you have to swing it, make the defense move, get it back then make the pass.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score

The first thing he did last night was force a stupid, shitty pass into Garza. I’m not quite sure what his redeeming quality would be, if any? The only good thing I remember him doing was convert an uncontested layup thanks to a brilliant play by Joe T. At present, he is the only player on the team that makes me overly nervous every time he touches the ball.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
The first thing he did last night was force a stupid, shitty pass into Garza. I’m not quite sure what his redeeming quality would be, if any? The only good thing I remember him doing was convert an uncontested layup thanks to a brilliant play by Joe T. At present, he is the only player on the team that makes me overly nervous every time he touches the ball.
He had 2 rebounds. That’s all I got.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Funny how right after Rutgers took the lead Iowa started running their offense again and got 2 great looks.
Iowa, an elite offensive team and mediocre defensive team, made the same dumb mistake so many teams make when they get a nice lead with about 5 minutes to go. They stopped running their offense and tried to run the clock out. Predictably the offense became stagnant and they got terrible look and terrible shot after terrible look and terrible shot.

That of course then affects your defense because then you are having to scramble to get back and the other team is getting long rebounds and attacking.

Iowa needs to keep running their offense as normal until maybe there is 2 minutes left in the game and you are up double digits.

Last edited:

Brownzy

Important Backpack Wearer
Reaction score
The team is really sitting pretty for the future too. It feels like we're this "old" team with lots of experience, but we start 4 underclassmen.

I was nervous that Iowa would become a mediocre team once bohannon cut it off, but we've just gotten better and better. The balls on the team are swingin.

Revolver

Reaction score
You missed out in ice cream. It was delicious.
There was no possible way to explain to the girl I went with that I was meeting someone from the message board for ice cream. But I appreciate the offer.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
There was no possible way to explain to the girl I went with that I was meeting someone from the message board for ice cream. But I appreciate the offer.
Brant just says he's getting some creamy brown soft serve and it's not an issue.

Revolver

Reaction score
Brant just says he's getting some creamy brown soft serve and it's not an issue.
“I’m running up to get some soft serve.” Revo
“Oh, that sounds good. I’ll come with you.” Her
“If it’s all the same to you. I’d prefer to share this moment alone with Hawk&Balls.” Revo

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score

Kriener's low skip pass to Garza was beautiful though. I'd say his passing is a net positive in spite of the occasional WTF? moments. He's a pretty skilled big although after nailing that three he took some awful shots.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
“I’m running up to get some soft serve.” Revo
“Oh, that sounds good. I’ll come with you.” Her
“If it’s all the same to you. I’d prefer to share this moment alone with Hawk&Balls.” Revo
LOL. I was with my wife and son when I bought tickets from @RecreationalGynecologist .
“Do you know who this is?”
“Just some deaf poster named Rec”
“you can go by yourself”

Hawkeye_Pierce

May Have Fondled a Tranny
Reaction score
There are times when Toussaint reminds me a little of Brian Garner when he's going 100 MPH when it isn't really necessary. I can't think of anyone Iowa has had in recent memory that has his quickness. I forget the exact play but he had the ball at the top of key on the right and went to his left and knifed through traffic in the blink of an eye to get a very good look which he missed, but still. Bardo loved it.

If he improves his mid-range shot, he's going to be an all-timer when all is said and done.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
We wouldn't have been there without Haluska, but I hope that half-assed hustle for that rebound haunts his dreams.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
My man Beebs stirring the pot.

That game was typical Alford. I think NW did pretty much the same thing earlier in the year.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
We wouldn't have been there without Haluska, but I hope that half-assed hustle for that rebound haunts his dreams.
Half-assed hustle? He has outside position on the rebound and is sandwiched by 2 athletic dudes fighting for the ball which gets knocked out to the corner. He sprints out to the corner but gets beat to the ball. Gets his hands up on the guy who makes a ridiculous step back hand in his face fade-away. Not much else Adam could have done.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Iowa only attempted 41 shots in that game, making only 18 (of which only six were three pointers). Northwestern State, on the other hand, attempted 60 shots and made just 23 of them. They were fucking awful. But when your game plan only gets you one shot on goal per minute, you're begging for a bad result.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Half-assed hustle? He has outside position on the rebound and is sandwiched by 2 athletic dudes fighting for the ball which gets knocked out to the corner. He sprints out to the corner but gets beat to the ball. Gets his hands up on the guy who makes a ridiculous step back hand in his face fade-away. Not much else Adam could have done.
He could have went harder after that ball.

He knows it.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
Iowa only attempted 41 shots in that game, making only 18 (of which only six were three pointers). Northwestern State, on the other hand, attempted 60 shots and made just 23 of them. They were fucking awful. But when your game plan only gets you one shot on goal per minute, you're begging for a bad result.
*snort*

Certainly.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I give credit to Rutgers for drilling everything I saw them throw up that first half. It was important so that they had the confidence to keep chucking absolute fucking bricks for most of the second half.
Felt like Iowa tipped more balls in their zone than I can remember them doing before. It also felt like half of the tipped passes ended up perfect assists. So much garbage in the first half.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Since it's been 14 years and @BBK reminded me of that game I looked it up on Youtube and skipped around until there was about a minute left.

Iowa ran terrible offense. There were possessions where Horner dribbled the ball for 20-25 seconds going nowhere and no one moving. He would throw some nice passes only to have Hansen drop it and NW State would run the other way for a dunk. Oh well, that game was pretty much the nail in the coffin for Alford.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing I’ve read since monster made fun of HR posters for not believing Cronk will automatically start because of optics and assurances.
I'm going to continue to remind you what a fucking dumbfuck you are.

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score
I don't think it can be overstated how bad Pemsl was last night. His first set of minutes we immediately went from up 6 to down 8 in like 4 minutes & he looked responsible for about 14 of their 18 points during that stretch. His minutes in the 2nd half weren't much better.

I assume it's been discussed...but does he basically have Levi Paulsen's knees at this point? He looks like he's playing old man ball out there...

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I don't think it can be overstated how bad Pemsl was last night. His first set of minutes we immediately went from up 6 to down 8 in like 4 minutes & he looked responsible for about 14 of their 18 points during that stretch. His minutes in the 2nd half weren't much better.

I assume it's been discussed...but does he basically have Levi Paulsen's knees at this point? He looks like he's playing old man ball out there...
Yeah, he looks obviously hurt/less athletic. His decision making is the most frustrating thing. 2 rebounds, 2 tos in 11 minutes for a forward.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
It makes me so fucking happy that Garza is on pace to be a 1st team All-American given all of the shit CyTwins talked about him.

Lol.
I don't really go on any other Iowa sites. Who is cytwins and where is he, HR?