**SAVE DOLPH** *Pitt vs. Iowa - 11/27/18 - 8:00 pm - ESPNU**

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
If I’ve learned anything from all this, it’s that I would like to sit down with Dolph and get hammered and talk Iowa sports.
It's been a pleasure of mine a handful of times 2003-2007. I use to go to a lot of away games with a mutual friend so we always stayed at the same hotel and hung out with he and podolak about every time. The shit that I have heard his great voice say to me will be always be heard in my head. And shots with Eddie.... So many shots.
Did you and Dolph run the Eiffel Tower on that hot chick in Arizona?
He wouldn't have me.

opiate of the masses

Not Executive Material
Reaction score
If I’ve learned anything from all this, it’s that I would like to sit down with Dolph and get hammered and talk Iowa sports.
It's been a pleasure of mine a handful of times 2003-2007. I use to go to a lot of away games with a mutual friend so we always stayed at the same hotel and hung out with he and podolak about every time. The shit that I have heard his great voice say to me will be always be heard in my head. And shots with Eddie.... So many shots.
* with him and podolak

Jfc people

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
* with him and podolak

Jfc people
I'm drunk, gfy.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
* with him and podolak

Jfc people
I'm drunk, gfy.
Go fuck your gf!! Eat dat pussay

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Watched the pre Wiscy Barta presser and several reporters asked variations on whether or not Dolph would be back for basketball, ever. There was clearly a reason why the reporters all focused on that theme. Do we know why?

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Watched the pre Wiscy Barta presser and several reporters asked variations on whether or not Dolph would be back for basketball, ever. There was clearly a reason why the reporters all focused on that theme. Do we know why?
He'll be back.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Probably because a large number of people felt that he was going to be fired including me.

I think Fran is equally responsible for the ongoing issues and I think Barta talked some sense into him.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Probably because a large number of people felt that he was going to be fired including me.

I think Fran is equally responsible for the ongoing issues and I think Barta talked some sense into him.
Local radio guy said be still thinks Dolph is done calling basketball.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me at all. I think both Fran and Barta concluded that firing him immediately would eliminate absolutely any goodwill they have left, which isn’t much.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I keep hearing the Dolph ad on local radio and it is just embarrassing. Also - they replay his best calls but you know whats missing? Any basketball highlights.

There is a silver lining here -- it would be nice to see someone new.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
I caught about 2 minutes of the MSU game while in my car. I don't remember the new guy's name but he wasn't any better than Dolph.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
I caught about 2 minutes of the MSU game while in my car. I don't remember the new guy's name but he wasn't any better than Dolph.
I think Albrecht is a lot better than Dolphin.

Reaction score
He may be slightly better at calling the game, but his interviews are absolutely atrocious.

During football season, he interviewed Jim Caldwell and basically did not ask him anything about his days at Iowa. It was a series of questions like....

1. What was it like to coach with Coach Dungy?
2. What was it like to coach Peyton Manning?
3. What was it like to coach Matthew Stafford?
4. What was it like to coach against Tom Brady?

And then he interviewed Drake Kulick and asked him how his dad was doing. Drake Kulick replies that his dad died over the summer. They proceeded to try to have a really awkward interview after that.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
He may be slightly better at calling the game, but his interviews are absolutely atrocious.

During football season, he interviewed Jim Caldwell and basically did not ask him anything about his days at Iowa. It was a series of questions like....

And then he interviewed Drake Kulick and asked him how his dad was doing. Drake Kulick replies that his dad died over the summer. They proceeded to try to have a really awkward interview after that.
Did his dad actually die? Drake seems like a guy that would just say that to fuck with you.

Reaction score

Did his dad actually die? Drake seems like a guy that would just say that to fuck with you.
I think so, but I'll admit that I looked for an obituary and never found one.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Holy fuck norm kills me

Bob

Reaction score
at least he didn't make up a brand new award this time

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score

To be fair, didn't Calwell play on some truly awful Iowa teams?

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Ferentz stuffing his big ol dick up Frans ass

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Guys Dolph still fucked up. As a fan I’m ok with forgiving and forgetting, but I get it that Fran and his players probably aren’t.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I think pretty much everyone has forgotten

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
A little embarrassing how revered a shitty play-by-play guy is.

Reaction score
Guys Dolph still fucked up. As a fan I’m ok with forgiving and forgetting, but I get it that Fran and his players probably aren’t.
He's still not back on the Sunday recap show. They've had someone else from the video crew filling in and I imagine it's going to stay that way. Almost forgot, it was just a recorded interview between Bobby and Fran post-ISU. Fran ain't letting this one go.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Well I think Fran wanted him fired and was likely talked off the ledge by Barta.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
My theory is that this isn't a case of Kirk sticking it to Barta/Fran, but instead a signal that Dolph will be "retiring" after this year.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
My theory is that this isn't a case of Kirk sticking it to Barta/Fran, but instead a signal that Dolph will be "retiring" after this year.
Are you going to be sad since you listen to him more than anybody else here?