**Slippery Rock vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/5/21 - 7:00 pm - BTN+**

B19Rob

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Quick thoughts....

- Keegan is a stud and Kris is pretty good
- Patrick looks much better
- Hard to tell Patrick, Rebraca and Mulvey apart.
- Connor is awful on this team, wants to slow it down too much and gets the 2nd unit stuck in half court where they are too young and stupid to be effective
- Ulis couldn't finish
- I thought Sandfort might be special needs at first, but he looked great after that
- The Key is still a fucking spaz and I don't think he will ever change
- bohannon is an afterthought
-Rebraca didn't impress me much, he's smallish and was getting bullied at times underneath. He has some offensive saavy but doesn't seem to bring much else.
-Mulvey showed a few flashes but isn't ready to be a big time contributor yet
-Ogundele won't ever be ready.
-Joe T or Ulis aren't what we hoped they would be
-sandfort probably won't start any games this year but I bet he gets starter's minutes. This team needs his shooting.
-perkins and Kris bring energy, defense, rebounding, and slashing but not much else.

CleteyColgate

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
This will be a transition year, like Jok's senior year. 19 wins and no tourney sounds about right. Some thoughts:

-Payton Sandfort is the future.
-Patrick and Keegan are the present.
-Rebraca looks okay but is much smaller than I thought.
-Kris is light-years behind Keegan. It's almost startling.
-Ulis and Perkins do not appear to be very good.
-Mulvey showed promise.
-Ogundele could be decent by the time he's a senior.
-I really hope Keegan comes back next year.
It's always good to make wide sweeping generalizations and conclusions about a season after pummeling an exhibition opponent

Reaction score
Kris Murray was -8 in his 8 minutes and fouled out. Not great.

Like what I see out of Sandford and Mulvey.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I think the only two interesting storylines are Sandfort and Rebraca starting at the 5.

Sandfort looks the part and will be the next stud from the state who has a great college career here. Aside from his airball, he showed he knows how to play the game and aptly chose his moments. Has a good-looking shot to boot.

Once league play starts, I struggle with Rebraca as your starting center -- he's undersized. There are too many good bigs in this league and he's going to get exposed on defense (which could lead to some slow starts in league play). He seemed polished on offense and had a couple of good moves.

Reaction score
Mulvey looked as good and maybe a little bigger than rebraca and wouldn't be surprised to see him get most minutes at 5 by the end of the season.

L. Wade Childress

The Spencer Petras of HALO
Reaction score
-Rebraca didn't impress me much, he's smallish and was getting bullied at times underneath. He has some offensive saavy but doesn't seem to bring much else.
-sandfort probably won't start any games this year but I bet he gets starter's minutes. This team needs his shooting.
-perkins and Kris bring energy, defense, rebounding, and slashing but not much else.
he’s got the moves, but doesn’t have the touch.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Is that not about perfect? Or can they not finish?

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Kris Murray was -8 in his 8 minutes and fouled out. Not great.

Like what I see out of Sandford and Mulvey.
The +/- is a great stat. I hope to keep informed of this throughout the year.

B19Rob

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Is that not about perfect? Or can they not finish?
It's fine for a couple 10 min/gm college role players, but they need to bring more to the offensive end for this team to have success. They both missed bunnies and weren't much of a threat to shoot. I guess I had hoped to see some development in those two areas specifically.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It's fine for a couple 10 min/gm college role players, but they need to bring more to the offensive end for this team to have success. They both missed bunnies and weren't much of a threat to shoot. I guess I had hoped to see some development in those two areas specifically.
It's one exhibition game. Give it some time.

fivecardstud14

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think the only two interesting storylines are Sandfort and Rebraca starting at the 5.

Sandfort looks the part and will be the next stud from the state who has a great college career here. Aside from his airball, he showed he knows how to play the game and aptly chose his moments. Has a good-looking shot to boot.

Once league play starts, I struggle with Rebraca as your starting center -- he's undersized. There are too many good bigs in this league and he's going to get exposed on defense (which could lead to some slow starts in league play). He seemed polished on offense and had a couple of good moves.
Sandfort at the 5?

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Sandfort at the 5?
I wouldn’t if I was the coach. He’s not a big enough guy. I’d rather have him out where he can shoot.

Just fucking with you. Read it like this instead:
I think the only two interesting storylines are
1. Sandfort (whatever his storyline is) and
2. Rebraca starting at the 5.

B19Rob

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
It's one exhibition game. Give it some time.
Sorry if I came off more negative than I intended. I'm excited to watch this team compete and it is actually refreshing to not have many expectations. They will have frustrating games where the offensive struggles, but they seem like a group of good kids and I'm pumped for this season to start.

fivecardstud14

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I wouldn’t if I was the coach. He’s not a big enough guy. I’d rather have him out where he can shoot.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I understand preaching patience, and I get chastising those (me) who generalized based on one exhibition game.

But my generalizations aren't based on the Slippery Rock (THA ROCK!!1!) game. They are based on our style of play and our obvious roster holes. We don't have many proven shooters and we don't have a defensive (or offensive) presence in the post. When you play uptempo in the big ten, that's some worrisome math.

I'm excited to watch this team grow. But there is some writing on the wall.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

:roll:

Lol at the thought that I could say Rebraca is undersized so we should put a shorter / smaller Sandfort in his place.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
This team is probably better built for the tournament and not so great for the conference they play in.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Ive been hearing that for years, but they really haven’t been that great in the tournament.
Is this they type of garbage bitching everyone is going to do in this thread? Did you not get enough attention with this kind of stuff over at Hawkeye Heaven?

Kamala

Named after Kamala Harris
Reaction score
Is this they type of garbage bitching everyone is going to do in this thread? Did you not get enough attention with this kind of stuff over at Hawkeye Heaven?
I wasnt bitching I was making an observation. And Ive never been to either the website or the bar.

Shawneemicks

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Doug is just letting off some steam from nearly being gone from halo

L. Wade Childress

The Spencer Petras of HALO
Reaction score
Well actually they scored 100 points at the 100th point, not just any point.