**Southern vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/27/20 - 4:00pm - BTN**

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’m looking at the election map and I think we are actually on the same team.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Who is going to be getting fresh air during the games when Iowa Football and Basketball are on back to back on Black Friday? Fuck that shit.
Good point. My tv is outside. Point being, take a breather. Long session. Ha.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hawkeyes' opponent yesterday [NC Central] beats Hawkeyes' opponent tomorrow [Southern] in OT today, 85-78.

I predict a 45+ pt blowout win for Iowa tomorrow. The Hawks easily eclipsing a hundy.

I like 115-60.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa -26

That's take out a second mortgage bet the farm free money right there.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I suppose if Fran went full Alfraudasshole, he could tell Big Josh that he doesn't get a post-game meal unless he gets 5 rebounds. And no full plate unless he gets 10 today.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
No postgame pizza!
For him, no pizza period!

(I remember the rules Joe B. Hall had for Mel Turpin...he used to make Mel throw some plates away if they had too much fatty stuff on them....)

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hawkeyes' opponent yesterday [NC Central] beats Hawkeyes' opponent tomorrow [Southern] in OT today, 85-78.

I predict a 45+ pt blowout win for Iowa tomorrow. The Hawks easily eclipsing a hundy.

I like 115-60.
Make that 125-49.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
bohannon has missed a ton of time the last couple years since his hips are worse than Simba the Dog but I believe he'll get his shot worked out with a little time.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Half court unnecessary bank shot at the buzzer to go from an Iowa cover to Southern.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The defense will never be great, might as well just accept it. Wish it was better, but it is what it is.

Its pretty easy to swallow when you have an offense that is elite. Teams are screwed in trying to gameplan a complete defense against Iowa.

Go ahead and double or triple-team Luka, the rest of the team will light you up from mid-range and behind the line. Try and take away the perimeter game? Luka will gladly put up 40+ on ya.

The only way a team will truly "shut down" the Hawkeyes offense, is if most of Iowa's players are ice cold from the floor on that night.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He needs to be stronger down low - since the refs are swallowing the whistle on 90% of his drives to the paint and at the rim - but it was nice seeing Wieskamp hit some shots tonight. Looked like the confident kid making shots that I remember.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
He needs to be stronger down low - since the refs are swallowing the whistle on 90% of his drives to the paint and at the rim - but it was nice seeing Wieskamp hit some shots tonight. Looked like the confident kid making shots that I remember.
He is absolutely terrible at driving to the hoop and it's not the ref's fault.

It was good to see him make unguarded 3s, though.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Southern shot 38%so the defense was mostly good. Hawks just gave up too many offensive rebounds (15). We actually got outrebounded.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I'm on the Ulis train. I like Toussaint, but he attacks the basket like he's a runningback.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
A few thoughts....

- I thought Garza would have a drop in numbers with how much deeper Iowa is, but nope, he is just too fucking good.
- Wieskamp gets shit on, mostly for humor, but he is still trying too hard to prove he is tough and strong and it feels forced and does more harm than good. Even with that said, nice to have a player most think is struggling and you look at the box score and has 16 and 7.
- Keegan Murray surprisingly good again, and this time even better rebounding and defense. He might end up being a huge steal.