**Southern vs. Iowa Basketball - 11/27/20 - 4:00pm - BTN**

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
CJ and pmac are going to be good for sleepy Joe Meyer. Feels like he will be ore comfortable with them trying to create shots too

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
I thought for as awesome as Luka played, not enough was said about his passing from the post. I don’t remember him having that part of his game last year. It looked effortless when he felt the defense collapse down on him and he found the open man. That will be huge as the season progresses.

Reaction score
And the Weiskamp stuff has already gotten old. Get it, we're using his fiancee's name?!?!? Cuz he's a pussy!!!! HAR HAR HAR!!!!

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If Luka has a guy 1 on 1 he’s going to try to score every time. As he should. If he gets doubled he’ll usually attempt a move, if it’s not there he’ll kick it out and repost. I’m not sure there is such a thing as a forced shot for him.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Luka is just so damn efficient. Can't wait until the games that matter when other team are nervously chucking jumpers and we have an automatic basket or foul down low.

If I had to nitpick it's definitely going to be Weiskamp's finishing. He just has no idea how to use his body or the rim to get off shots around the basket. He shows the defender the ball so early most the time I have no idea what the strategy is there. As long as he is making jumpers and rebounding he's still a huge positive but he was a much better finisher as a freshman.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
hopefully Nunge will be a factor or the rebounding is going to be an issue

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Just my dumb opinion, but the best thing for him and everyone around him would be to realize that he is going to be a 4 year player at Iowa and there is nothing wrong with that. Joe Harris was a 4 year player at Virginia with worse stats than Wieskamp and he ended up signing a $75m extension the other day.

If he is meant to play in the NBA, he will play. Don't rush it and enjoy college.
I moved this just because it would get buried in the football thread, but this is a great point. All these guys want to leave early (and so many do) and go undrafted or late picks and don’t stick. Stay in college, develop your game, bang some jersey chasers, and enjoy it.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I get why people can be frustrated with Joe W, but maybe he is just a really good player with some faults as opposed to an all-timer.
I put this in another thread, but I think that Wieskamp is just trying way too hard still.

He had a really good Freshman year, did the test the NBA waters thing, got some really good feedback from a couple respected GM's and think he went from there with the mindset that he was going to work on what they told him to work on (driving and finishing) and would be leaving after his Sophomore year. He and likely others put a lot of pressure on him.

Then late last year Iowa is short bodies, he gets focused on and played physical, starts pressing and just had a shitty end to the season and without the opportunity to fix it in the Big Ten and NCAA Tournament.

I think the best thing for him and anyone around him would be to realize and accept he is a really good 4 year college player and anything that happens professionally after that will happen. I gave the example of Joe Harris. He was a 4 year guy with worse stats than Wieskamp and he just signed a $75m extension.

Don't be in a rush and enjoy what should be an incredible final 2 years of his college career.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I put this in another thread, but I think that Wieskamp is just trying way too hard still.

He had a really good Freshman year, did the test the NBA waters thing, got some really good feedback from a couple respected GM's and think he went from there with the mindset that he was going to work on what they told him to work on (driving and finishing) and would be leaving after his Sophomore year. He and likely others put a lot of pressure on him.

Then late last year Iowa is short bodies, he gets focused on and played physical, starts pressing and just had a shitty end to the season and without the opportunity to fix it in the Big Ten and NCAA Tournament.

I think the best thing for him and anyone around him would be to realize and accept he is a really good 4 year college player and anything that happens professionally after that will happen. I gave the example of Joe Harris. He was a 4 year guy with worse stats than Wieskamp and he just signed a $75m extension.

Don't be in a rush and enjoy what should be an incredible final 2 years of his college career.
Final three years

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
The thing about Luka’s numbers is that yes he is clearly number one option but things do not feel forced whatsoever. There has been good ball movement and he is kicking it out when appropriate. As a team I am not concerned about our outside shooting whatsoever.
Everyone else knows he's the man too. That helps. bohannon, Weiskamp, Frederick could all be forcing more shots trying to be the man but they aren't. Just get the ball to the best Iowa player of all time and get out of the way.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Garza had a top 20 most points scored in a game performance yesterday. After 18 minutes.

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
My thoughts after two games:
- Luka is awesome
- Joe W is trying too hard and struggles to finish at the rim but is still good
- P Mac seems long and athletic and will be good at the top of the zone/press
- Keegan looks good and could be a steal

Anybody else here thinking similar things? Go Hawks!

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
This is why I pay for premium subscription folks!!!!!

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I can’t recall the last player Iowa had that was competent at feeding the post. Connor is really fucking good at it.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
My thoughts after two games:
- Luka is awesome
- Joe W is trying too hard and struggles to finish at the rim but is still good
- P Mac seems long and athletic and will be good at the top of the zone/press
- Keegan looks good and could be a steal

Anybody else here thinking similar things? Go Hawks!
bohannon is going to play more minutes than he should.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I can’t recall the last player Iowa had that was competent at feeding the post. Connor is really fucking good at it.
Connor is better but bohannon is pretty good too. It always amazed me while playing how few guys could get a big man the ball in a position where they could do something with it. Part of it is Garza working his ass off to be in position and having incredible hands, but these guys are right on the money with their feeds almost every time

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
They’ve been bad at it under Fran. Dom Uhl actually stands out as someone who was decent at it. Which woof.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I moved this just because it would get buried in the football thread, but this is a great point. All these guys want to leave early (and so many do) and go undrafted or late picks and don’t stick. Stay in college, develop your game, bang some jersey chasers, and enjoy it.
Uh, you're talking about Weiskamp right?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Cully Payne
Kevin Skillett
Troy Skinner
Your mom
One of the Skillets used to be a substitute teacher at UT back in the day. Think it was Jeff.

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Reaction score
One of the Skillets used to be a substitute teacher at UT back in the day. Think it was Jeff.
Kevin is a friend and has been at Bettendorf for as long as I remember. He's been the Athletic Director, Activities Director and a host of other positions there. He's currently Associate Principal.

Reactions: BBK
Reaction score
Kevin is a friend and has been at Bettendorf for as long as I remember. He's been the Athletic Director, Activities Director and a host of other positions there. He's currently Associate Principal.
Ms Lippy's car is green. Billy likes to drink soda

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
"A special account"

Anyone with a draft kings account can bet in Illinois.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Or he could just bet in iowa on any number of apps.

Luka, or any other ncaa athlete, cannot bet in anything anywhere.