**Texas Tech vs. Iowa Basketball Thread - 11/28/19 - 7pm - FS1**

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The scramble situation where CJ got the rebound, missed the close one, then Toussaint out jumped the dude to get the ball back, made me feel funny on the inside.

Reaction score
Bad day of gambling.

Hawks -5.5 will get me back on track tomorrow.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
That was a lot of fun. If Iowa can hit shots and play defense similar to that, then it will be fun the whole season.

Garza is on a different level this season. I thought he might be feasting on shitty teams, but he is a fucking stud and is rebounding like never before.

Fredrick ends up being the find of the century by Fran. So glad we have him instead of Moss.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I obviously loved the shot and defense, but the way he handled the ball off that rebound up 5 before he was fouled was just as impressive.

CJ is awesome.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
CJ’s nuts are swollen. He should get them checked out.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Fuck you, Hassel you fake mother fucker. Glad to see him eat shit.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That was a lot of fun. If Iowa can hit shots and play defense similar to that, then it will be fun the whole season.

Garza is on a different level this season. I thought he might be feasting on shitty teams, but he is a fucking stud and is rebounding like never before.

Fredrick ends up being the find of the century by Fran. So glad we have him instead of Moss.
Garza’s defense is on another level this year. I thought his block stats were inflated by the weak competition but he was altering shots all night.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The rest of the team bailed out Wieskamp late when he completely lost his balls and played like shit. He made at least 4 horrible plays because he was scared.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
The rest of the team bailed out Wieskamp late when he completely lost his balls and played like shit. He made at least 4 horrible plays because he was scared.
Joe has a little uthoff in him.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Fuck you, Hassel you fake mother fucker. Glad to see him eat shit.

There was a time I really liked him. Now I may hate him even more than I hate Hey Guys. In fact, I'm certain of it.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

Garza is a bigger version of Ethan Happ.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
That game was fucking great.

Even when TT made runs, or the refs went full shit, the boys fought through it and gutted out a huge resume-building win.

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
What a win!!! Went small and balled out! Luka is the man!!!

douglasbader

Reaction score
He had 6 turnovers. Holy shit.
The play where he got the ball in the corner with 10 seconds on the shot clock and drove in and refused to shoot and threw it away was terrible. The one late in the game when they had 2 timeouts and he threw it away to give up a 3 point play was even worse. The Moss type 2 point jumper he took with 20+ seconds on the shot clock was infuriating.

Reaction score
The play where he got the ball in the corner with 10 seconds on the shot clock and drove in and refused to shoot and threw it away was terrible. The one late in the game when they had 2 timeouts and he threw it away to give up a 3 point play was even worse. The Moss type 2 point jumper he took with 20+ seconds on the shot clock was infuriating.
NBA?

douglasbader

Reaction score
NBA?
Not if he plays like that.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Couldn't have opened this 7-game stretch of brutal schedule difficulty any better.

Not sure I fully agree with the hyperbole the announcers used that the game "felt like an NCAA Tourney game in November", but it was a really good game with a great fucking outcome.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I know it was mentioned but Joe was terrible in the second half

Only four bench points also disappointing.

Reaction score
He's been so passive and not shooting well. I think that elbow was bothering him for a while after he had a bad fall. First half tonight he looked like what we expected. Then just shrunk in the 2nd half. Still just a sophomore I guess, hopefully only a hiccup because that was bad.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Great to see a Fran team fight through a physical onslaught like that. Joe T and CJ were great when others were wilting down the stretch.

This game did feature one of my most hated of CBB phenomena: refs swallowing whistles when a team trying to come back is pressing and trapping desperately and mauling opposing ball handlers, as if grabbing and bumping suddenly are no longer fouls.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Hell yes Boyz!

I planned on watching the game live, however I kinda forgot as my BAC rose throughout the day.

Looks like JBo had a decent game.

douglasbader

Reaction score
This win essentially completely erases the loss to Depaul.

It also helps that Depaul is looking great. They play Texas Tech at home next week.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The scramble situation where CJ got the rebound, missed the close one, then Toussaint out jumped the dude to get the ball back, made me feel funny on the inside.
Hustle isn't a quantifiable stat, but if it were, JoeT maxed out the meter on that one play alone.

Reaction score
This might be nothing, but has anyone else noticed that Fran is basically sitting throughout the entire games this season? It stood out to me during the home games, thought maybe it was just cupcake game stuff. One of the games, Speraw was up and doing more communicating. Tonight he was still making some calls but hardly ever got up during live ball situations.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This win essentially completely erases the loss to Depaul.

It also helps that Depaul is looking great. They play Texas Tech at home next week.
*silently*Go DePaul!*/silently*

Or is any outcome in that game worth the same to Iowa's resume?

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
90% of HaLo would have swallowed a sword to keep this game within 10 points pre-game. Post-game huge win...90% of HaLo bitching about one player than had a great first half that helped the team win the fucking game.