!*!*!*!*THE official Iowa/Illinois basketball thread**** Sunday 3/10 6:00 tip FS1!*!*!*!*!*

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Brock, Tony, Dix, Sandfort, Owen. It didn’t have to be difficult. Bringing Brock in with Dembele was just a waste
Fran's use of Harding this whole year was weird. He clearly should have been in the rotation but there was never an attempt to go small like the lineup you mentioned. Those 4 are all pretty good cutters and seemed like it would have been a pretty good fit with Harding's vision. Fran had to get Pat and Krikke minutes so we were taller and shitty at rebounding vs smaller and shitty at rebounding.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The fanbase is done with Fran. Even a shitty women’s team next year isn’t getting fans back to Carver to watch double Sandfarts.
Pryce played well yesterday. Farts aren’t the problem. And in terms of kids, all they want to see is 3pt shooting.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
The problem is a roster dominated by Farts or worse version them.
we will have four farts next year and they will all be good players. put Harding in the rotation, add two athletic PF in Ladji and Tadjo with freeman.

I am fine with Perkins moving on. He’s not a PG. Wings are easy to find in the portal. We just need to somehow find a backup/combo guard.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
The fanbase is dumb but they also know there is a ceiling when you don’t care about defense or recruit I am a giant douche caliber guards. You have to fix that for fans to buy back in.
Fans are getting sick of the LATFGs

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If there’s one thing I hate about message boards, it’s posters that know relevant info that’s not widely available. Its the worst!!!

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Pryce was fine, I've been skeptical of him since he was a recruit, but he isn't the problem.

If he gets quicker on the trigger, he's going to be a really good player.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
The lack of defense and rebounding in two spots, and the fact that Harding is the only real point guard are the problems.

Obviously.gif

Reaction score
The two worst defenders on the team will be gone. Dix, Harding, Pryce, Ladji, Freeman all at least show a desire to bust their ass and have some instincts. Tadjo is ranked high because of defense and rebounding. The scheme will still cause issues of course.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
we will have four farts next year and they will all be good players. put Harding in the rotation, add two athletic PF in Ladji and Tadjo with freeman.

I am fine with Perkins moving on. He’s not a PG. Wings are easy to find in the portal. We just need to somehow find a backup/combo guard.
Dix and Koch are superior to Farts, imo.

we need a good black PG, but Fran just isn’t capable of getting one

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I fear any young player who has shown the willingness to bust ass and play defense will eventually have that coached out of them by the 2 foul rule

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
I'm still in the camp Fran is leaving of his own accord. The family's been through the ringer, he looks awful, Marge looks awful, there's a corpse following them around IC, the vibe of the program is meh at best. I've been as big a fan and defender of Fran as anyone, but it all looks like a race run at this point.

And Beth should fire him, anyway, for playing Krikke past the first media TO last night; it was clear from the first Illini game he could do nothing to contribute against that team. I'd say he shouldn't have played at all, but, OK, a couple Sr. night minutes.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
gonna fire Iowas all time winning coach? Do you not remember Tom Davis!1!!

Reactions: BBK

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
14 years -- longest coach in Iowa history. He's shown what he can and can't do. Barring an impact transfer (and with no NIL money, that's highly unlikely), next year's team is also a 16-18 win prospect (no defense, pg still an open question, no go-to scorer).

Thanks to Fran for returning Iowa to respectability, but it's time to move on.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
14 years -- longest coach in Iowa history. He's shown what he can and can't do. Barring an impact transfer (and with no NIL money, that's highly unlikely), next year's team is also a 16-18 win prospect (no defense, pg still an open question, no go-to scorer).

Thanks to Fran for returning Iowa to respectability, but it's time to move on.
Harding needs 30 mpg. Even at his size he’s disruptive on defense and busts his ass. I’ll give up a few baskets due to size of the effort and smarts are there.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I’m in camp keep Fran. They are about as efficient as anyone on offense while minimizing turnovers. They need to figure out a way to provide the kind of money it takes to land a player like Shannon in the portal.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’m in camp keep Fran. They are about as efficient as anyone on offense while minimizing turnovers. They need to figure out a way to provide the kind of money it takes to land a player like Shannon in the portal.
I mean, I want to keep Fran if he works on getting better. There seem to be some big blind spots for him. But at this point, I don’t really give a fuck if he leaves either.

Brad Wesley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Dix and Koch are superior to Farts, imo.

we need a good black PG, but Fran just isn’t capable of getting one
Fart Sr. is a nice complementary piece but clearly not a number one or two option for a solid tourney team. I think Dix could be really good with some more confidence and a consistent point guard.

The bar is so low for Pryce that if he doesn’t fuck up people really see his potential.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
If Fran leaves, fine. But you can't justify pushing him out. It also sets the standard at a point the next guy likely won't live up to.
What standard is that? If it’s “make the 2nd weekend of the tournament or win a B10 title at least once every 1.4 decades or you’re out” I’m fine with that.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I really like Fran even with his warts. He can stay as long as he wants, preferably with none of his kids at or around the program

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
I'm still in the camp Fran is leaving of his own accord. The family's been through the ringer, he looks awful, Marge looks awful, there's a corpse following them around IC, the vibe of the program is meh at best. I've been as big a fan and defender of Fran as anyone, but it all looks like a race run at this point.

And Beth should fire him, anyway, for playing Krikke past the first media TO last night; it was clear from the first Illini game he could do nothing to contribute against that team. I'd say he shouldn't have played at all, but, OK, a couple Sr. night minutes.
The game where he had 15 and 5 on 7/9 shooting?

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Today's kind of a bummer. We were playing really well the last few weeks. Then when we needed to be at our best we laid down an 18 inch coiler

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
What standard is that? If it’s “make the 2nd weekend of the tournament or win a B10 title at least once every 1.4 decades or you’re out” I’m fine with that.
Assuming something crazy doesn't happen in the BTT, five of the last six tournaments. You think Iowa should fire Fran?