Trains leavin

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
its gonna be a great fall gentlemen. you might want to hop on board before this rig is long gone. i look forward to spending my new years somewhere toasty.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm on the train with ya, hopefully it doesn't derail and fuck us all.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
i remember my first beer. it was over lunch today.

no joke though, its gonna be an entertaining season. i challenge you to read the lengthy KF interview and feel otherwise.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
Did you find a couple of division one receivers for the team?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
our best teams have had average WR's at best, at least compared to the rest of CFB. plus a decent QB can make shitty WR's look adequate.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
Average wide receivers would be awesome this year. It would give me hope. Are there any even close to that? If there are, they will need to emerge soon.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Talent is so much better this year than last year.

We replace a bunch of 2* guys with legit Top 250 4* and high 3* rated players. Phil Parker back mostly where he belongs.

If they can overcome Greg Davis, then it should be a good season.

scottsdalehawk

Buckled Up
Reaction score
The bottom line is:

Rudock is decent=7 or 8 wins
Rudock is Vandy 2012 bad= 4 or 5 wins

lilzaphod

He Probably Hated You, Or Would Have
Reaction score
Tanner Miller will be the lynchpin of the defense. If he can get 5 picks, this is a 10 win season.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
No way Rudock starts this year. He wasn't even good enough to play last year.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I'm sittin in the bar car on this train. I'm good as long as we don't run out of Maker's Mark.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I've reluctantly again bought tickets and boarded the Ferentzient Express, though I fear it may be headed to college football Siberia, rather than a sweet bowl berth.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Based on what the players have said, and the vibe I've gotten from that Kirk interview, I think Sokol is going to be the starter. It just seems as though the players really want a guy that isn't afraid to take chances and brings energy to the team.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
I've reluctantly again bought tickets and boarded the Ferentzient Express, though I fear it may be headed to college football Siberia, rather than a sweet bowl berth.
LMAO

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
This is shocking information.

Vepr

Ignorant Slut
Reaction score
I am not buying season tickets this year in protest... just like the year before and the year before that... I also plan on not buying them next year...

Gushawk

Reaction score
I agree that Ruddock will start, and I think the leash will be lengthy. The mere existence of a leash, however, will be an upgrade.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
Is there a single player on D that has even remote hopes of becoming an NFL draft pick? Since Bob Sanders, such characters have saved KF's bacon, or their lack has cooked his goose.

Monster

Reaction score
Is there a single player on D that has even remote hopes of becoming an NFL draft pick? Since Bob Sanders, such characters have saved KF's bacon, or their lack has cooked his goose.
Morris.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Kirksey has the highest chance of playing in the NFL among the defenders

Gushawk

Reaction score
Yes. Several counting underclassmen, IMO. The d will be pretty good if the end play isn't completely atrocious, which isn't a given.

lilzaphod

He Probably Hated You, Or Would Have
Reaction score
Too many unknowns at this part. My fear is that Kirk will play too tight - again - and he we will lost a couple of games we could win if he would take a strange wrinkle that the opposing teams would not expect.

Northwestern is a primary example- they probably have been using the same game plan for the past 5 years to get read for us on defense. It is stale.

Reaction score
If the DL can control the game, that would help. The offense will still be poor.

The first game will fun. One of the more important opening games in the Ferentz era.

Reaction score
Too many unknowns at this part. My fear is that Kirk will play too tight - again - and he we will lost a couple of games we could win if he would take a strange wrinkle that the opposing teams would not expect.

Northwestern is a primary example- they probably have been using the same game plan for the past 5 years to get read for us on defense. It is stale.
I don't think they brought Jim Reid in just to say "Yassa, Boss".

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out the Hitch, either. I liken him a little to Bernstine, in that he may be a limited football player, but he could put up some good combine numbers and get a look.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
You gotta admit there was really no reason to not play Rudock at certain times last year. If he truly is/was the 2nd best QB on the team, it's idiotic. There were plenty of times where he wouldn't have just had to hand off to run out the clock and could have actually gotten some experience. It obviously wouldn't have been against a D that was going balls out, but it also wouldn't have been against the same D he saw every day in practice. When every single other D1 program has played more than 1 QB by week 6 or so (whenever that became official), then something doesn't quite make sense.

We've been through all this before. I was honestly hoping that one of the redshirts was that much better because then not playing him would have at least made a little sense. I'm no chopsy, but Rudock still being #1 this year makes last year mind bottling.

Reaction score
You gotta admit there was really no reason to not play Rudock at certain times last year. If he truly is/was the 2nd best QB on the team, it's idiotic. There were plenty of times where he wouldn't have just had to hand off to run out the clock and could have actually gotten some experience. It obviously wouldn't have been against a D that was going balls out, but it also wouldn't have been against the same D he saw every day in practice. When every single other D1 program has played more than 1 QB by week 6 or so (whenever that became official), then something doesn't quite make sense.

We've been through all this before. I was honestly hoping that one of the redshirts was that much better because then not playing him would have at least made a little sense. I'm no chopsy, but Rudock still being #1 this year makes last year mind bottling.
this +1,000. Me and Gus are right. AZ knows it. But he's going to shove it my face every chance he gets because he knows if we would ever fight, I would shove his fucking nose into his brain, rip his balls off, then fuck his wife.

Gushawk

Reaction score
Kirk had some weird comments about James in Chicago. Basically suggested he played at a high level last year, but was the victim of shitty teammates, not shitty coaching or schemes. Reading it was a somewhat surreal experience.

Monster

Reaction score
Kirk had some weird comments about James in Chicago. Basically suggested he played at a high level last year, but was the victim of shitty teammates, not shitty coaching or schemes. Reading it was a somewhat surreal experience.
Kirk was right. Iowa's defensive schemes aren't really good for highlighting linebacker play. Plus, a shitty defensive line makes it real hard on linebackers to flow through lanes and make plays. Morris had to wade through way too many blockers last year because none of the front line guys commanded much in the way of double teams. Hell, teams didn't even have to combo block much either.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
this +1,000. Me and Gus are right. AZ knows it. But he's going to shove it my face every chance he gets because he knows if we would ever fight, I would shove his fucking nose into his brain, rip his balls off, then fuck his wife.
AZ and I are just high.

Monster

Reaction score

Gushawk

Reaction score
Kirk was right. Iowa's defensive schemes aren't really good for highlighting linebacker play. Plus, a shitty defensive line makes it real hard on linebackers to flow through lanes and make plays. Morris had to wade through way too many blockers last year because none of the front line guys commanded much in the way of double teams. Hell, teams didn't even have to combo block much either.
He was talking about the other James. The QB.

Monster

Reaction score
He was talking about the other James. The QB.
Oh.

I think JVB's problem was between his ears.