Trains leavin

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
Where did all this hope come from? It is pissing me off. You fuckers need to stop snorting Prozac and remember Greg Davis. Greg fucking Davis. Not to mention a head coach who thinks a screen pass is going for broke. We could go 3-0 to start and it won't mean dick because of who we are playing. We also have a QB that the coaching staff did not trust to take one snap let alone throw a fucking pass last year. There are motherfucking kickers, place holders, and running backs returning for some teams that have more game time passes than our QB.

Greg Davis... that is all.

:p
I'll take a 3-0 start any day of the week. NIU and ISU are better opponents than 70% of BCS schools will play their whole OOC schedule.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Where did all this hope come from? It is pissing me off. You fuckers need to stop snorting Prozac and remember Greg Davis. Greg fucking Davis. Not to mention a head coach who thinks a screen pass is going for broke. We could go 3-0 to start and it won't mean dick because of who we are playing. We also have a QB that the coaching staff did not trust to take one snap let alone throw a fucking pass last year. There are motherfucking kickers, place holders, and running backs returning for some teams that have more game time passes than our QB.

Greg Davis... that is all.

:p
I'll take a 3-0 start any day of the week. NIU and ISU are better opponents than 70% of BCS schools will play their whole OOC schedule.
That will definitely help our BCS ranking.

CUIHAWK

Loves the clock
Reaction score
I really have no idea how Iowa will do. Just looking forward to watching the game Saturday with some good people and enjoying the season!
We need a softball game watch.

Match34

Is Not Funny
Reaction score
This is what's gonna happen after Herky runs over the other team's logo:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Thinking back, are there any seasons other than '99 and '00 (for the most part) where Iowa has actually met expectations, good or bad? I'm starting to get the feeling that they're going to exceed expectations by all measures this year.
I don't think it has any bearing on things, but there aren't many seasons where it has been all that close. The margin of error seems to be at least 2-3 games.

Perhaps 2011 is about the closest it gets. I think most thought it would be a 8 win season and they won 7. This year the majority of people are thinking 5 wins is where they will end up at.

If they get to 7 wins I will be more than happy moving forward with this team, but I think they can get to 8 wins.
Doug was right!!!!

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Thinking back, are there any seasons other than '99 and '00 (for the most part) where Iowa has actually met expectations, good or bad? I'm starting to get the feeling that they're going to exceed expectations by all measures this year.
I don't think it has any bearing on things, but there aren't many seasons where it has been all that close. The margin of error seems to be at least 2-3 games.

Perhaps 2011 is about the closest it gets. I think most thought it would be a 8 win season and they won 7. This year the majority of people are thinking 5 wins is where they will end up at.

If they get to 7 wins I will be more than happy moving forward with this team, but I think they can get to 8 wins.
Doug was right!!!!
Kudos to doug. That this team might match the '08 squad is blowing me mind.

Monster

Fapped to The Karate Kid Wearing a Mask
Reaction score
It's not hard to be right when you mix several different predictions into thousands of Iowa football posts. ;)

howler

Totally Not a Spartan Fan
Reaction score
Doug's been steadfast, tho. He's been ironclad. He don't waiver, he don't cower. He makes some ballsy ass predictions. Just dump-truck sized balls, there.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Hopefully this is a typical year where the expectations are off by 2-3 games, but this time in the right direction. It seems the consensus is 9 right now. That means this plays out like most years except for 2011, Iowa is going to win either 7 games or 11 games.

castichawk24

Is Well Liked Here
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a typical year where the expectations are off by 2-3 games, but this time in the right direction. It seems the consensus is 9 right now. That means this plays out like most years except for 2011, Iowa is going to win either 7 games or 11 games.
Or 8 or 9 or 10. Or 6.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Consensus is 9 games, that is usually off by 2 or 3 wins. Do the math, brah!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I forgot some of the awesome throws Rudock made in the Nebrantska game. He's going to be all big ten at some level.

Monster

Reaction score
Hope my train fare doesn't get embezzled.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Since I got drunk and started this thread coming off a 4-8 season, Iowa is 43-23

Monster

Reaction score
As often as LWade gets drunk I'm sure he can invent any number of bullshit random data points.

Harlan

Drinks liquor with a straw
Reaction score
Can you get drunk and start an H&B’s love life thread?

Reaction score
Based on what the players have said, and the vibe I've gotten from that Kirk interview, I think Sokol is going to be the starter. It just seems as though the players really want a guy that isn't afraid to take chances and brings energy to the team.
Sokol is doing big things.

https://lastwordonsports.com/2018/01/31/cody-sokol-heading-to-japan/

Cody Sokol Heading to Japan for 2018 Football Season
Sokol left a statement to Rattler fans on his facebook page.

“Excited to announce I negotiated a contract to play football in Japan. God is good! Unfortunately, I will not be back with the Arizona Rattlers, and though my stint was short, it was special and definitely a year to remember. Very happy I was able to bring home a championship in my rookie season. And couldn’t have done it without the awesome fans, teammates, coaches but most importantly my family being able to give up so much for my success on the field. Although I would love to stay in Arizona I had to do the best thing financially for my family and make the move out to Japan but I will always be a Rattler and can’t wait to see us 2 Peat!
out Rattler Nation it was a fun ride! #StrikeAsOne”

Sokol did not specify where or who he would be playing for in Japan, but definitely left the United States on a high note.

His run to the United Bowl included the dethroning of the six-time reigning champion Sioux Falls Storm, in their home arena.

Reaction score
Cody Sokol is coming off of a season where he quarterbacked the Arizona Rattlers to their first Indoor Football League (IFL) Championship. Although, he won’t be returning to the Grand Canyon state.
loser could have done that here with our very own IFL world champion Barnstormers.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
The bottom line is:

Rudock is decent=7 or 8 wins
Rudock is Vandy 2012 bad= 4 or 5 wins
Spot on
No way Rudock starts this year. He wasn't even good enough to play last year.
Take that douche 4 life
L. Wade wants a train run on him.
Absolutely
I am going to try a different tact. Maybe some good juju and Tanner Miller will be a golden god and become the man we need him to be.
I admire zaphs thinking outside the box strategy here
Based on what the players have said, and the vibe I've gotten from that Kirk interview, I think Sokol is going to be the starter. It just seems as though the players really want a guy that isn't afraid to take chances and brings energy to the team.
………
Too many unknowns at this part. My fear is that Kirk will play too tight - again - and he we will lost a couple of games we could win if he would take a strange wrinkle that the opposing teams would not expect.

Northwestern is a primary example- they probably have been using the same game plan for the past 5 years to get read for us on defense. It is stale.
Still rings true
I don't think they brought Jim Reid in just to say "Yassa, Boss".
Forgot all about Reid

Last edited: